OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Don't question my fanhood.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by hustleordie

wait what happened. I was at the twolves-boston game tonight (live in MN). I saw on the scoreboard we were up in the 4th. I looked over to my friend and he's like "Wow you're beating the spurs?". I was like "watch us end up losing". And of course that's what happens. I think I'm gonna join the celtics bandwagon anyone wanna join?
smh.gif
.....go right ahead...you cant handle a few tough seasons? Just go move to Boston...You aren't a true NY sports fan...just get the hell out....

And don't come back when they start winning in 10 years or so
63125d7ef1abbcd816453e0ab5d811d8d1fe620.gif

preach brotha
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

SMH @ the poster shaking his head at Knicks fans giving up hope. Hope was gone a long time ago. Only hope we have right now is for a top five draft pick. Yes I know the east is bad and with a short run the Knicks can make the playoffs but I do not want this team anywhere near the playoffs. If you are a true Knicks fan (and not jumping on the Boston bandwagon) then you will care about the future of this team and winning a championship; not some quick fix of making the playoffs this year in the horrid EC.
truth as well
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at anybody joining or even thinking about joining the Cs bandwagon andcalling themselves a true Knicks fan. But he mighta been joking.
nerd.gif

If it aint a top 2 pick, I almost say trade down and take Augustin...

we need a PG
again i like your draft knowledge alot allenxis. I agree. i love Augustin's game and after Rose he is the next best pg and he would do wondersfor this team in the future. i love his game. I would not be abide if we get out of the top 3 and therefore outt of Rose, Beasley, and Gordon and lets say weget 4 or 5 and trade a little lower to a team that really wants the 4 or 5 pick and in the process trade some trash players and getting the later pick(Augustin) and some other pieces in the process.

And i still think this team should HIGHLY pursue Joey Dorey for round 2
pimp.gif

i would consier either Rose/Beasley/Gordon or Augustin with a later pick + Dorsey in 2nd round a succesful draft.

But if Nate could prove to me that he can be our future pg if Isiah lets him try and prove himself this season i may not be as high on a future pg. I may bemore down with getting Rose and play him at the 2 and move Jamal to 6th man where i hate to say it but he might be better off at (although i would have Gordonbe 6th man for at least a year so he can develop and Jamal can use his leadership in the lineup) or we could get Beasley and play him at the 3 next to Lee(whcih would be great. If not i think we should highly go after Artest to satart at the 3 and get some much needed D and toughness.

There are a lot of options to go come June. This seasons done, but this will be an interesting offseason, so hopfully we wont #%*# it up. I dont know how muchsuccess we could have in the near future (next year and year after) but this offseason especially with this sick draft and a nice crew of FA and a hopfullcoaching/GM change, can make or break or long term future. Going into next season we could potentially be a team with solid players and a nice young core butstill in $@#% with the salary cap but contracts that are not so long term, or we could #%*# up, possibly still have Isiah and a have a %!%#@% +*+ team for thepresent and future. This will be a huge offseason.

Exec: Knicks Trying To Deal Curry, Randolph
February 12, 2008 - 5:33 am
New York Daily News -
Several league executives who have spoken to the Knicks in recent days have confirmed to the New York Daily News that Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph are definitely up for trade.

According to columnist Mitch Lawrence, it is unclear what Isiah Thomas is asking for in return.

"The problem is that Zach still is seen as the Zach Randolph from Portland - he's got baggage - and people wonder if this is it for Eddy," said one executive. "And, they've got some rough contracts."

Curry has struggled for much of the season.

"The question is whether he's regressed or, is this it, he's not getting any better?" said the executive. "You have to remember, when Eddy came out of Chicago, he was regarded as someone who did not like to work and who did not like basketball. So do you blame Zach's presence, or do you say, Eddy doesn't have the upside the Knicks thought he had? In either case, the experiment with Zach has not worked."

The Knicks are hoping to hold onto David Lee, Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford in any trade.
[READ]

keep Zach. get a defensive big. in the right system, i think Zach will still be productive.

for all the hype he's gotten, people forget that Curry has always had "heart" issues

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

keep Zach. get a defensive big. in the right system, i think Zach will still be productive.

for all the hype he's gotten, people forget that Curry has always had "heart" issues

Word,curry is scared his heart will give out on court. he's out of shape and its february... if u cant get in shape after a 5 game road trip out westyou need to call it quits.. I hate eddy curry , always have always will.....
tired.gif

zach and curry need to go. zach stay chucking shots with his own personal 4 second isolation everytime he touches the ball. always complains after every play.20 and 10 or not he needs to go also.

Don't know if this is news, but...

Another source told ESPN.com that the New York Knicks made overtures recently indicating they were willing to trade centers Eddy Curry and Jerome James for Artest and Thomas, but the Kings were balking at taking on the remaining two years and $12.8 million owed to James.

"The whole point of trying to package Artest with Thomas (due $7.9 million next season and $8.6 million in 2009-10) is to clear cap space. The Kings don't want another guy (James) clogging their cap for two more years," the source said.

MeloVP wrote:
Don't question my fanhood.
.Does your fanhood need questioning?.

lol...sorry melo...that was not a shot in the least, im just surprised no one responded with that yet...that commercial with the dudes and theirfanhood and them fighting in the restaurant is TOO funny...

.GO NY GO NY GO!!! Lets get that #1 pick(B-Easy)...and get rid of Curry...(hell, Z-Bo too if we can but Curry gotta be the first to go). Its crazy man, I walkaround the garden and see the posters plastered up against the walls of the all the players...Lee, NateRob,Crawf n them...each with their nicknames. Thecloser, the energizer...and EVERY time I walk by Currys I smh..."The Centerpiece"...Yea...Right...

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I've been saying that all along and i agree. zach is a nice player and a very very good even elite offensive big man and in the right system with adefensive center he can thrive. I mean people love to classify Curry and Randolph which is where alot of the hate comes from. Sure they are alot alike, bothfat big men who dont play D or run. But people classify him as Curry and the fact that he dont play D as him having no heart like bum curry. That is veryfalse, Zach plays with heart every game and he is furocious on the boards especially as an undersized, fat big man, who could barely dunk. also Zach has a verycomplete offensive skill set, he can shoot outside, take it in, or post people up inside with a nice aray of post movves.

But i wouldnt mind if Zach goes he kinda needs to, not because he is bad, but because he takes the starting role away from our best big man who deserves itwhich is David Lee, and alos because he aint got no A button.

no we didn't trade our first round pick.

im interested in seeing where this leads, but i'd keep zach. His b ball IQ > curry's

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

no we didn't trade our first round pick.

im interested in seeing where this leads, but i'd keep zach. His b ball IQ > curry's

That's really not saying much. They both have basketball IQ's lower than Forest Gump

Back
Top Bottom