OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Al y'all done being Huff yet?

nerd.gif

TRADE RUMOR ALERT!

Would anyone do this trade? I would do it in a heartbeat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3571031

[h1]Source: Knicks suggest dealing Randolph to Memphis[/h1]
By Andrew Marchand
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: September 5, 2008, 1:41 PM ET

The Knicks have a trade proposal on the table with the Memphis Grizzlies that would see Darko Milicic and MarkoJaric dealt to New York in exchange for Zach Randolph.

An executive with knowledge of the trade talks said Friday that Knicks president Donnie Walsh initiated the Randolph-to-Memphis talks with the Grizzliesrecently and it's up to Walsh to sign off on the deal. But it appears Walsh has cooled to the idea of trading his player, the executive said.

A Knicks spokesman declined comment Friday.

Milicic is reportedly owed $14.5 million over the next two seasons, and Jaric will make $21.3 million the next three seasons. The Knicks want to tradeRandoph because his contract runs through 2010-11. He will be paid nearly $48 million over those three seasons.

The move would help the Knicks with their salary cap. It has been widely perceived that their goal is get under the cap before the summer of 2010 so theycan make a run at LeBron James and other high-profile free agents who will hit themarket that offseason.

Damn dudes really think Pat Jr is nice?

At best he's a 11th man on a NBA roster. He's kinda like Balkman, but he has even less game on O...
ohwell.gif

Don't get me wrong I hope he makes the squad, and I like his "intangibles" game, but he is not the type of player to be a contributor in games.More like a practice warrior and character guy.

the deal is on our court. so if it doesnt go through it's the knicks fault. walsh will make the right decision though. i hope....

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Damn dudes really think Pat Jr is nice?

At best he's a 11th man on a NBA roster. He's kinda like Balkman, but he has even less game on O...
ohwell.gif

Don't get me wrong I hope he makes the squad, and I like his "intangibles" game, but he is not the type of player to be a contributor in games. More like a practice warrior and character guy.
i think the consensus is that he's not gonna get off the bench. it was like one dude who said he hopes he gets minutes. the vast majority ofus hare more sense than that and know that his role will be exactly what you said

Jaric is a bum who has a bad contract as well for the next couple years.

and Darko is a joke. Why the hell would you guys wanna give up a 20/10 guy for 2 overpaid role players?

Darko/Jaric/Jefferies/Jerome James/Malik Rose, 5 role players who are overpaid. Even if we save some money, thats half of our roster, none of em have any tradevalue(besides maybe Malik, since it's his last year under contract).

I wouldn't have minded the ZBo trade to the Clippers for a 2nd round pick but it's not like were geting a great deal in return from the Grizzlies. Werepicking up 2 bad contracts and 2 bad players.

Why are some of y'all hung up on Jaric as if he will make or break this deal?? He has a bad contract that only goes one year past 2010. Its not that bad ofa deal. We are giving up a bad contract...but in the NBA you have to take back someones garbage. His contract is bad but not cap crippling. I would do thisdeal. Darko can be a solid player in D'Antonis offense.

Darko in D'Antonis offense>>>>>>Randolph in D'Antonis offense. Plus I love that Darko has something to prove.

at this point, anyone who doesnt see that Zach's 20/10 stats arent a product of his ball hogging is buggin. dude is nice but his #s are deceptive. he'sthe ill black hole. i can respect the digits...but dude is a cancer. I'd rather him than Eddy honestly...but i'd do the Darko trade in a minute. dowhat's best for the team, not cuz you like a certain player

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Why are some of y'all hung up on Jaric as if he will make or break this deal?? He has a bad contract that only goes one year past 2010. Its not that bad of a deal. We are giving up a bad contract...but in the NBA you have to take back someones garbage. His contract is bad but not cap crippling. I would do this deal. Darko can be a solid player in D'Antonis offense.

Darko in D'Antonis offense>>>>>>Randolph in D'Antonis offense. Plus I love that Darko has something to prove.
Darko would be a great fit for the Knicks and I think he could really break out. A lot of you guys keep forgetting that he is what 24 topsHe's still in his prime and a lefty he is perfect for the Knicks at pf with :LEe.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Why are some of y'all hung up on Jaric as if he will make or break this deal?? He has a bad contract that only goes one year past 2010. Its not that bad of a deal. We are giving up a bad contract...but in the NBA you have to take back someones garbage. His contract is bad but not cap crippling. I would do this deal. Darko can be a solid player in D'Antonis offense.

crippling? no
limiting? definitely. especially if we want to resign Lee and Nate. not to mention that this move would give us 17 guaranteed contracts. meaning that 3 pplwill have to be waived/bought out or traded (assuming we all want ewing jr. on the roster). that makes marbury, james, jeffries, rose, collins likelycandidates. none of those will fetch anything in a trade. of those 3 i'd like to see james, jeffries, and collins out. but its highly doubtful that theknicks would buy out 3 contracts in 1 off season for what? marco jaric??? at least he'd bring adriana along with him

There's no way we're re-signing Nate...and I doubt we re-sign Lee. I think we package him in a deal for cap relief before his contract expires andwe're faced with that dilemma. He's gonna command like 7-8 million a year.

^that was my point. if Lee is gonna want $7 mill per and we have jaric who gets paid that...it's going to be hard to resign him if that's the route wewant to go. but, if we dont take jaric's contract back and are able to do something with anyone else on the roster we will have enough to resign lee and asuperstar free agent. so is this deal cap crippling? no, b/c we still save $10 million in 2010. but it is limiting in what we can do with our cap space

I'm sure if Donnie could choose he'd take a better contract than Jaric's, but I don't think he has that much choice in the matter.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

^that was my point. if Lee is gonna want $7 mill per and we have jaric who gets paid that...it's going to be hard to resign him if that's the route we want to go. but, if we dont take jaric's contract back and are able to do something with anyone else on the roster we will have enough to resign lee and a superstar free agent. so is this deal cap crippling? no, b/c we still save $10 million in 2010. but it is limiting in what we can do with our cap space
I hear you on it limiting us...thats a fair point. I still think the deal is worth it and I would do it although it limits us with moves. Ithink the Knicks still have to and will buy out some of the contracts you mentioned most likely Jerome James and Collins. Sorry guys I think we are stuck withJeffries for awhile sadly. If this move is made and you deal Lee for some expiring contracts this season then I do not think you can look at it as a horribletrade. I really would like to keep Lee but I think the team is doing the right thign focusing on getting cap relief.

Originally Posted by MeloVP

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

He's gonna command like 7-8 million a year.
didn't he want like 10?
He may want that, but I doubt he'll get it.

Unless, of course, his free agent class is really weak.

Who knows though. He could possibly get that much. Just more reason to get some kind of value for him now in the form of cap relief or draft picks/youngplayers.

Back
Top Bottom