OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

The second, via some character named Shoals, this CNN SI write-up on a Bearcats page from 2001:"When Eddy Curry was in junior high school, his idol of choice wasn't Kareem Abdul-Jabbar orHakeem Olajuwon. It was Dominique Dawes, the Olympic gymnast. "She was real cool," Curry says. "I thought she looked good, too." [...] Inan age when every 7-footer dreams of being a point guard, Curry, who can still complete a backflip, is a genuine throwback who doesn'tmind throwing his weight around."

So physically gifted and just a waste

Curry, who can still complete a backflip
eek.gif
roll.gif

currymonster doin a backflip?!
roll.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif

i imagine that goin down somethin like this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie"value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen"value="true"></param><embed src=""type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425"height="344"></embed></object>

im a def be hittin up the knicks preseason vs philly and the halloween game, my boy got season tickets

He is EXTREMELY gifted.

Reading that didn't surprise me one bit.

And why I say IF he's devoted he can thrive under D'Antoni and in the open court as a trailer.

[h1]MSG plays tough with Knicks voice Gus Johnon[/h1]
amd_gus-johnson.jpg

Gus Johnson

What's up with Gus Johnson? Will he return to his gig as radio voice ofthe New York Knickerbockers?

The question became worth asking after Johnson was conspicuously missing in action during Madison Square Garden Network's telecasts of Knickssummer league tilts in Las Vegas. Over the past few years, Johnson teamed withWalt Frazier on those productions. This time around, Mike Crispino joined Clyde.

What gives?

Well-embedded NBA broadcastingmoles, pausing to stop shaking their Redeem Team pom-poms, said Johnson's contract with MSG expired following the 2007-08 season. They report he'scurrently in negotiations with MSG suits.

How are the negotiations going? Here's where it gets sticky. The same sources said MSG Network brass - boss Mike Bair and executive producer Lydia Murphy-Stephans - are playing hardball with Johnson overterms of a new deal.

Would these two be bubbleheaded enough not to ink Johnson? The Excitable One has spent 10 seasons as part of MSG's Knicks radio team - the past five asthe Knicks' No. 1 radiocaster, working with veteran analyst John (Legend) Andariese.

The fact that it's almost September and MSG has not come to terms with Johnson is a tad strange. Especially considering what's taking place on thecourt.

With Mike D'Antoni in place as coach, and Donnie Walsh now the brains of the organization, the fog on 33rd St. has a chance oflifting. The Garden will be selling optimism. It better if it wants anyone to purchase overpriced tickets.

The broadcast end of the operation will be key in describing the transition to friend and foe alike. Johnson should be part of this. He's been with MSGthrough mostly bad times. If this is the start of a turnaround, Johnson has the chops to chronicle the franchise's resurrection on the radio.

Did Johnson cut Isiah Thomas major slack and spread MSGulag partypropaganda? Yep. He, along with all the other MSG Knicks voices who joined him, have been ripped to shreds in this space. A new day may be dawning.

Johnson took the heat. He has thick skin and a unique style. His calls are full of over-the-top passion. The man has a following.

Perhaps this has actually dawned on Bair and Murphy-Stephans. But who knows what these two are thinking? After all, their regime has not made anyone forgetabout those grand days when MSG was the Rolls-Royce of regional cablesports networks.

Gus is so overrated by you guys. He's great for the college game, but in the NBA he doesn't appeal to me. I much rather listen to Breen.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Gus is so overrated by you guys. He's great for the college game, but in the NBA he doesn't appeal to me. I much rather listen to Breen.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
Yea I said it and I will keep saying it until I die
laugh.gif

I hope Gus is re-signed. I think there is a lot of unfair hate for Breen within Team Knicks but Gus is a damn good play-by-play guy and should stay with theKnicks.

^I can see that point....as I have stated before I think Breen sometimes struggles switching between doing a national and local broadcasts. I like that Breenis not a homer though.

We got rid of Frederic Weis!! And brought back Pat Ewing Jr.!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3559816

[h1]Rockets trade Ewing Jr. to Knicks for Weis' draft rights[/h1]
Associated Press

Updated: August 29, 2008, 3:26 PM

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks acquired Patrick Ewing Jr. in a trade with the Houston Rockets on Friday.

New York sent the draft rights for center Frederic Weis to Houston in exchange for the son of former superstar Patrick Ewing, who played for the Knicks from1985-2000.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

[h1]Rockets trade Ewing Jr. to Knicks for Weis' draft rights[/h1]

NEW YORK -- The New York Knicks acquired Patrick Ewing Jr. in a trade with the Houston Rockets on Friday.

New York sent the draft rights for center Frederic Weis to Houston in exchange for the son of former superstar Patrick Ewing, who played for the Knicks from1985-2000.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

NY Knickscurse possibly over?

This is exciting news to me. Getting rid of one of the biggest draft blunders known to man during modern day western civilization, and picking up the son ofour most coveted Center in our franchise's history. Things are looking much better.

eek.gif
@ us STILL having his draft rights. i thought we let him rot overseasall this time....err nevermind...

another small forward tho?
grin.gif
ohwell.gif

capt.a54e75dc33ef4d1bb9a31298b8314ab8.knicks_rockets_trade_ny155.jpg

In this March 17, 2007 file photo, Georgetown's Patrick Ewing Jr., left,
celebrates Georgetown's 62-55 win over Boston College in an NCAA
second-round East Regional basketball game at Lawrence Joel Veterans
Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem, N.C., In this May 11, 1997 file
photo, New York Knicks center Patrick Ewing celebrates his game-winning
blocked shot against the Miami Heat of a NBA Eastern Conference
Semifinal basketball game at Madison Square garden in New York. The
New York Knicks acquired Patrick Ewing Jr. in a trade with the Houston Rockets