OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

[h1]Cavs Talking To Knicks About Big Man[/h1]

Aug 17, 2008 11:01 AM EST

Ever since the Cavaliers landed point guard Maurice Williams, there have been rumors that they are talking to the Knicks about a big man, according to TheMorning Journal.

New York has a number of big men on the roster, including Eddy Curry, Jerome James, David Lee, Zach Randolph and Malik Rose.

i'd do z-bo straight up for wally or ben wallace

i thought wally and wallace both have contracts past 2010. if not, i hope the cavs take zbo and malik rose off our hands
laugh.gif

^ you thought wrong

wally is expiring this year and ben wallace's contract ends in 2010

why would you want to get rid of malik? sure he doesn't contribute on the court, but he's the only person in the organization to have ever won anythingin the NBA. plus he's an $8 million expiring contract

not to change the subject or anything......

but right now on nbatv they are showing jordans last home game.

at one point, the knicks had lavar postell, michael doleac, lee nailon, charlie ward, and shandon anderson in the game. good lord.

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

^ you thought wrong

wally is expiring this year and ben wallace's contract ends in 2010

why would you want to get rid of malik? sure he doesn't contribute on the court, but he's the only person in the organization to have ever won anything in the NBA. plus he's an $8 million expiring contract

Yea Malik's a solid lockerroom guy, we need to keep him on board. I really hope they take Z-bo off our hands for Wally world.

laugh.gif
im just thinking of any possible way we could make this team better, even though my ideas are sort of unrealistic

which we wouldnt be able to do until 2012 anyway so whats the point? we would be better off buying him out or forcing him to retire.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^people want steph, just not his contract/attitude.

ohwell.gif
thats just ignorance. I'm sure there are PLENTY of teams thatwould love that 20+ million dollars off their cap next summer like the Knicks should. What im saying is that the Knicks should either pull a Steve Francis(and buy him out like Portland did) or keep him for one more %@%$+!% year but if we decide to be stupid and trade him (which i dont think we will cause ithasnt happened yet) I am telling yall that there will be plenty of takers. I mean who would have thought we wuld havebeen able to trade Francis last year andhe had to get paid 30+ million to be bought out cause he had 2 years left on his contract. Believe me there would be plenty of takers to get that cap reliefthat Marbury would possess along with a little extra talent at the PG spot if a team has a hole there. But I really feel the Knicks just need to let that 20+million come off of our books or we willl regret it forget these short term answers. And i think donnie knows this cause he is smart and hasnt traded him andif he wanted to despite what yall are saying he definiley could because tere would be plenty of takers.... but than agin my Knicks never fail to dissapont meespecally when it comes to being smart with their contracts.

ignornace? well why dont you name a couple of teams that would take marbury's contract and go into luxary tax field?
as TypeRPinoY said, walsh's goal is to get under the cap by 2010, so as long as the contracts dont past 2010, i dont see why not. and its just not abouthis contract, its what he brings to this team in the locker rooms.

Originally Posted by BangDak

ignornace? well why dont you name a couple of teams that would take marbury's contract and go into luxary tax field?
as TypeRPinoY said, walsh's goal is to get under the cap by 2010, so as long as the contracts dont past 2010, i dont see why not. and its just not about his contract, its what he brings to this team in the locker rooms.

Contracts need to be close to even for a trade to go down, so no team that isn't in luxury-tax altitude would enter it.

To have $20 million come off the books would do wonders for ANY NBA franchise, ESPECIALLY the Knicks.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/08/17/points_in_transition/

Talented but troubled guard Stephon Marbury, however, has played his last day in a Knicks uniform, according to an NBA source.
But the future of the franchise is building around Gallinari, a rookie from Italy selected sixth overall in the June draft. The well-rounded 6-foot-10-inch, 210-pounder has superstar written all over him. He has the Broadway Joe looks and could end up being the 2009 Rookie of the Year. Yes, over Portland's Greg Oden, Chicago's Derrick Rose, Miami's Michael Beasley, and Memphis's O.J. Mayo
"There is a lot of pressure," said Gallinari, 20. "But pressure is a part of our job. New York has got to win. We're doing all this changing. Me and all my teammates will try to do something better."

Asked about Gallinari, D'Antoni smiled and said, "He can play. He needs to get stronger, but he'll get stronger in two or three months."

Gallinari seems to be saying all the right things. I hope dude makes it in the L.

What are the chances that the Knicks can scoop Ben Gordon? I was reading he is not happy in Chicago and wants out.

[h1]KNICKS' DANILO SAYS NO TO ITALY[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
Posted: 3:19 am
August 20, 2008

The Italian Stallion's back is still not 100 percent.

Still resting an injured back he suffered during summer league in Las Vegas last month, Knicks New York Knicks first-round pick Danilo Gallinari has withdrawnfrom the Italian National Team, which kicks off today its Eurobasket Qualifier tournament vs. Serbia.

According to Gallinari's father, Vittorio, his 6-10 Italian prodigy will sit out all the games so he can be fully healthy when the Knicks kick offtraining camp in their new site Sept. 30 in Saratoga. Italy did not qualify for the 2008 Games so it must start the process of making it in 2012.

A source said Gallinari made the decision on his own, though the Knicks are relieved he is not playing and are appreciative considering they know how muchplaying for the Italian National Team means to him.

Gallinari played just one summer-league game, injuring his back in his lone contest, after getting knocked around by Cleveland's Tractor Traylor.Gallinari sat out the final four games, raising questions about his durability for his rookie season.

The Knicks announced only Gallinari had sustained a sore back and was not more specific. Knicks president Donnie Walsh said yesterday he can't commenton Gallinari's injury because of HIPPA laws.

However, Knicks brass believes Gallinari showed enough offensive versatility to make the rotation this season and believes he will get stronger by camp. Hisselection at No. 6 led directly to the club ridding itself of 2006 first-rounder Renaldo Balkman Renaldo Balkman .

[email protected]

I pray for the day when Steph's release will be official. tired of the pouting, excuses and shenanigans

on the other hand...i dunno about "building around" him...but from that one game, Danillo seems to be decent at least. i'll give him ashot....still we passed Bayless
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

[h1]Knicks add pair to front office - John Gabriel and Misho Ostarcevic[/h1]
BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 4:00 AM

amd_gabriel.jpg
Cosgrove/AP
Former Orlando Magic GM John Gabriel

Former Orlando Magic GM John Gabriel has been hired by the Knicks as the club's new director of scouting.

Knicks president Donnie Walsh also hired Misho Ostarcevic to be theteam's director of player personnel. The moves come one month after BrendanSuhr's contract expired. Suhr, who was Isiah Thomas' toplieutenant, had served as an assistant coach to Thomas but was also in charge of scouting and player personnel. Glen Grunwald, the senior vice president of basketball operations, was also hired by Thomas but hesurvived the front-office purge.

Gabriel was Orlando's GM from 1996 to 2004 and orchestrated the free agent signings of Grant Hill and TracyMcGrady eight years ago. The Magic, however, never won a playoff series with Hill or McGrady.

Walsh's plan is to get the Knicks under the salary cap in two years, which would enable the club to make a run at the 2010 free agent class, which couldinclude LeBron James and Dwyane Wade.

Most recently, Gabriel worked as a scout for the PortlandTrail Blazers. Ostarcevic was Walsh's international scout with the Indiana Pacers. - FrankIsola

NEW YORK, August 21, 2008 - The New York Knickerbockers announced its 2008-09 preseason schedule, which includes three games at Madison SquareGarden and four road games.

The schedule is as follows:

[table][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Date[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Opponent[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Arena[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Time[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oct. 8[/font][/td] [td]
tor_25px.gif
[/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Toronto[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ONT[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:00 p.m.[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oct. 10[/font][/td] [td]
phi_25px.gif
[/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Philadelphia[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Wachovia Center, Philadelphia, PA[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:00 p.m.[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oct. 14[/font][/td] [td]
phi_25px.gif
[/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Philadelphia[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Madison Square Garden, New York, NY[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30 p.m.[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oct. 17[/font][/td] [td]
bos_25px.gif
[/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Boston[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30 p.m.[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oct. 20[/font][/td] [td]
njn_25px.gif
[/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Jersey[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]IZOD Center, East Rutherford, NJ[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30 p.m.[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oct. 21[/font][/td] [td]
bos_25px.gif
[/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Boston[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Madison Square Garden, New York, NY[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30 p.m.[/font][/td] [/tr][tr][td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oct. 24[/font][/td] [td]
njn_25px.gif
[/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Jersey[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Madison Square Garden, New York, NY[/font][/td] [td][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7:30 p.m.[/font][/td] [/tr][/table]
All preseason games will be broadcast on MSG Network.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom