OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by nyczill3st

we need to get rid of isiah i dont care if we get jeff van gundy coaching just get rid of isiah

You have a better chance of getting Larry Brown back than Jeff Van Gundy, remember Van Gundy saw the writings on the wall back when he was the Knicks coachin 01 and decided to leave the Knicks.

I wanted to go to some games this year but I refuse to support this squad
then you aren't a diehard fan. i don't care if this team wins 3 more games all season, i support the name on the front of the jersey.that's my team until death.

YES KEEP THE FIRE ISIAH CHANTS AND AVYS MOVING. THE MOVEMENT IS MOVING
devil.gif

yo. i mean i used to respond and everything to knick threads everytime someone said anything negative HEAVILY

but... right now, I would look like a fool trying to defend.

I dunno if you guys are gonna defend, but im just taking the sidelines
HOW DID WE ALL DEFEND ISIAH? we used to defend this man so much, praise him, praise his eye for talent, praise the fact that he could possibly get these men tolisten

I am lost, every season there is a point that the team is on espn and other sports pages and shows as a topic and being bashed, im tired of it.

the day we see on espn that isiah has been fired or dolan has been axed would be crazy in ny. do you know how many people will start cheering at their tv'sif that appears.

man what's up with the organization holding grudges against former legends? I heard Oak and Ewing were upset about not being called for an assistantcoaching job

Our offense does suck. Our offensive players play no defense and our defensive players have no offensive game at all. Isiah has brought alot of talent to theteam but it's just not a good mix at all.

255forLife:
i miss the knicks of the 90s.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

the '92 or '93 Knicks teams in today's leaguewould have multiple championships

Man is there any chance Oakley comes back to the Knicks? seriously, he was interested in coming back this summer...
Charles Oakley is so old that he calls Dikembe Mutombo "Junior." As a matter of fact, Oakley is so old that he broke into the league two years before Knicks rookie Wilson Chandler was born.
But the rugged power forward who played against Isiah Thomas and with Eddy Curry is serious about making a comeback. The 43-year-old, one of the most beloved players ever to wear a Knicks uniform, believes there are plenty of teams that could use his toughness, leadership and defense.

He specifically mentioned the Knicks, Nets, Cavs and Mavs. "Look at how bad Cleveland was in the NBA Finals," said Oakley, proving his tongue is still as sharp as his elbows. "They had big guys who couldn't move and can't shoot. They never knocked Tony Parker on his butt.

"I'm not saying I'm better than guys who play every day. But I can play 20 minutes a night. I understand the game. I can shoot, make free throws and defend. A lot of teams don't have a general on the floor. I'm not trying to steal from anybody. Give me a tryout and if you don't think I can do it, then just cut me."

Since telling the Toronto Star last week about his plans to play again, Oakley claims that he's attracted the interest of several teams but declined to name any.

It is unlikely that the Knicks, with 16 players under contract, could find a spot for Oakley. Two seasons ago, Thomas and former coach Larry Brown considered signing him but Oakley passed.

Oakley and Curry have remained close since being teammates in 2001-02 with the Bulls. Curry even asked Oakley for permission to wear Oakley's old No. 34 when Curry joined the Knicks.

Oakley thinks that Curry could be a franchise-caliber player, but not until he improves his conditioning.

"I didn't think he was in shape all year," Oakley said over the telephone yesterday. "He's got to get in better shape."

As for his own fitness, Oakley claims that he is in top form despite being out of the league for three years. He weighs 245 pounds, which is five pounds less than his usual playing weight.

"I'm in better shape than 70 or 80% of the guys in the league," he said.

Sigh....

GR8 that was an amazing rant!! I agree with everything you said. I am disgusted with our offensive sets. Lets be serious my fellow Knicks fans....the plays werun are horrible. I like how Z-BO has played but tonight he could not recognize the double team and neither does Curry....the two of them are stripped way toooften. Our offense is simply just stagnant and nobody seems to know what to do except for to stand around.

All Zeke can do after the game is say we were good but not that bad?! What the hell?! Was he coaching the same game I watched?! We were horrible and there wasNO EFFORT!!! We were outhustled by a horrible defensive team. I dont care what these Warrior fans say about getting steals....you guys are not gooddefensively. I don't care how many steals you get giving up over 100 is not good defense.

It still is only ten games and I can't jump off the ship but what should we hold on to?! We have not seen this game play well since the first three games.Where is the energy and desire?! Can we expect another blowout tomorrow night in Motown or will this team actually have some damn pride and come out and put upa fight?! I don't know what to expect anymore other than more Fire Isiah chants!!!

I say the Knicks take a nice vacation from the League, instead of being its laughing stock.

Back
Top Bottom