OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Westbrook would give us defense...

but he absolutely can't run the point with D'Antoni.

Agreed. I love Westbrook he can play. But he cant play the point in our system. But like i said we shouldnt let D'Antoni influence the guy we feel isthe best player for us. I love Westbrook, he is nice. But like i said if OJ is gone i say we either trade down and get Augustine or take him as a reach if hisstock rises which i think it will.
#3 will definitely be available for him to wear by then.
not if we hang this man up to the rafters like we should... but we wont
tired.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif

3dc15fe3aece1956c5a7118d50d99e51a82bd41.jpg

fd8351c1e0aaa73bce5518655e24e4c727d6272.jpg

41b2519e6ba95ca712153aa463b01bdf2533e4c.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Am I the only one?..

070219_kansasKansasSt_vlg_9p.widec.jpg

I've loved his game for a while now...he can run the floor...will have the ability to run the pick and roll. Step out hit a jump shot and his post movesare well developed.

^ Not at #6. If we were to trade down it could be a possibility, but unless trades are made, there is no way the Knicks draft another PF.

I gota see what he looks like this year....cause I think we're seeing a career being brought to halt rather quickly a la Penny.
I hear more and more people saying it but I hope it doesn't come to that I think I'm one of the few people here who actually like him.

And stop worrying...we're getting Bayless.

[h1]JORDAN LOVES NEW KNICKS[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
[img]http://www.nypost.com/seven/05282008/photos/spo0f.jpg[/img]

WALKING ON AIR: NBA legend Michael Jordan was all smiles when announcing Larry Brown as new Bobcats coach, and yesterday he praised the new KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
regime of Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni.

May 28, 2008 --

ORLANDO - Michael Jordan and Isiah Thomas feuded as players, but the Bobcats president declined to take any shots at the former Knicks coach last night.

However, Jordan praised the Knicks' post-Thomas regime - president Donnie Walsh, a fellow North Carolina alumnus, and his new coach MikeD'Antoni.

"I love Donnie," Jordan told The Post in a rare interview at the NBA's pre-draft camp. "I think they're going to do OK. They'llbe fine.

"[D'Antoni's] proven he can coach," Jordan added. "He's had some winning programs. I don't think it's going to bedifferent in New York."

His Airness arrived at Disney World's Milk House, wielding a big cigar and making a big prediction on opening night of the four-day camp. It didn'twork out for Larry Brown in New York, but Jordan said it will be different in Charlotte, where Brown's the new head coach.

"This is the start of something big," Jordan said. "I'm happy because it's going to work out for me and Larry. He's going to dowell for the organization without a doubt."

Jordan rescued Brown from exile last month after Brown sat out for two years following the 23-59 Knick record posted by the original Team Titanic of2005-2006. Brown was exonerated after Thomas posted the identical 23-59 disaster this season during which he lost the presidency and head-coaching job.

As for Thomas' role in Brown's Knicks failure, Jordan said: "I can't comment on other people's relationships and what happened. For me,I'm going to try to make the best happen for the Bobcats. You know I can't comment on Isiah."

If things go smoothly in both places, the Knicks and Bobcats could compete for the final Eastern playoff spot next spring. A tanned Brown, wearing a blacksports coat, was reluctant to talk on the record last night, but when asked if he's anticipating the first Knicks-Charlotte showdown, he admitted it willbe an emotional night.

"I'll be there," he said, "unless I get sick."

Brown sat next to former Knicks assistant Dave Hanners, whom Brown has hired for his staff, though it has not been announced. An overjoyed Hanners said theKnicks released him from his contract and thanked Walsh. Hanners was brought to the Knicks by Brown after being his assistant in Philadelphia and Detroit.

The Knicks' assistant staff is in disarray, as D'Antoni awaits word whether his Suns assistants, Alvin Gentry and Phil Weber, will be released fromtheir contracts. His brother, Dan D'Antoni, is negotiating a Knicks' contract.

Only Herb Williams is expected to survive from Thomas' coaching staff, with Mark Aguirre and George Glymph expected to be fired, and Brendan Suhr'sfuture is unclear.

The Knicks normally send an army of scouts and coaches to this event, but are in flux. Only senior VP Glen Grunwald, who's running the draft, and ahandful of Thomas-hired scouts were here last night and none of them is sure of his future. The reassigned Thomas was absent.

Grunwald, who has multiple years left on his pact, told The Post that even if Walsh hires a GM, such as Billy King, he's been told he'll stayaboard.

"I'm just doing the job," Grunwald said. "Donnie said he's going to keep me whether he brings in someone else in addition tome."

Walsh won't arrive until tomorrow and D'Antoni may not show.

[h1]FRAN TO KNICKS: 'DAN' YOUR MAN[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
[img]http://www.nypost.com/seven/05292008/photos/sports085.jpg[/img]

ON RADAR: Italian star Danilo Gallinari, driving to the hoop during a Euroleague game, is the KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
' best option with the No. 6 pick in the draft if O.J. Mayo is gone, says ESPN expert Fran Fraschilla.

May 29, 2008 -- ORLANDO - Fran Fraschilla has a message for Knicks president Donnie Walsh: Take Danilo Gallinari at No. 6 in the NBA draft ifO.J. Mayo isn't there.

Fraschilla, the former St. John's and Manhattan coach and now ESPN's international draft expert, has seen Gallinari, the 19-year-old,6-foot-10 small forward, play for three years and believes the Italian Stallion is worthy of a top-eight pick.

The NetsNew Jersey Nets
t.gif
, meanwhile, are selecting 10th, and though GM Kiki Vandeweghe, a big international guy, scoutedGallinari last month in Italy, Jersey may not see him drop to its spot, unless it trades up.

Speaking at the pre-draft camp here, Fraschilla said he believes no point guard is worthy of a No. 6 pick after Memphis' Derrick Rose -thus Gallinari should be the Knicks' pick.

Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, former Italian League coach and player, played with Gallinari's father, Vittorio, for eight seasons in Milan.

"If he's sitting there at six, it's almost great karma for the kid," Fraschilla said.

However, Fraschilla thinks the Knicks should steal Mayo, projected as more a shooting guard who can play point guard, if he's on theboard.

In fact, Fraschilla is stunned the USC freshman isn't lumped in the same stratosphere as the consensus top two, Rose and Kansas Stateforward Michael Beasley.

Fraschilla believes those three are sure-fire All-Stars. Still, scouts think Mayo could fall to the Knicks at six, with Minnesota, Seattleand Memphis passing.

The lottery hopefuls arrive in Orlando today for press conferences before undergoing tomorrow's physical and strength tests and oncourt drills.

Gallinari is the lone absentee because his Milan team was eliminated from the Italian League semis.

Every important mock draft now has the Knicks taking Gallinari at six. But an ESPN report yesterday quoted a Suns executive saying D'Antoni watched abrief tape of Gallinari in midseason and became concerned he wasn't NBA-tough.

But a source close to D'Antoni said, "Mike hasn't gotten far into [the draft]. He's not at a point where [Gallinari's] it or isn'tit. And he knows Donnie's calling the shots."

[email protected]

[h1]KERR SLOW TO 'ASSIST' D'ANTONI[/h1]
[h3]By MARC BERMAN[/h3]
May 29, 2008 -- ORLANDO - Suns president Steve Kerr said yesterday he still won't release the contracts of assistant coaches Phil Weber or Alvin Gentry,postponing Mike D'Antoni's chance of assembling his staff.

Yesterday, D'Antoni agent Warren LeGarie spoke with Kerr about the issue. LeGarie also represents Weber, a Long Island native eager to join the KnicksNew York Knicks
t.gif
, and Gentry.

At this juncture, D'Antoni envisions his three bench coaches as holdover Herb Williams, Weber and his brother Dan D'Antoni. Asource said if Gentry doesn't come, D'Antoni will search for a player-development coach.

"They're under contract with the Suns," Kerr told The Post. "We'll see what happens. Everything falls into place once we have a headcoach."

The Post has learned one candidate Donnie Walsh plans to interview about the Knicks' GM position is former Magicpresident John Gabriel, who's working for the Blazers. Meanwhile, top candidate Billy King isleaving town this morning for NBA TV duties and won't speak with Walsh.

As he said on lottery night, Walsh is considering trading the No. 6 pick, and sources here indicate the Raptors will be active on June 26.The Raptors are beginning to shop PG T.J. Ford, according to a league executive. . . . Memphis' Joey Dorsey created a stiryesterday, saying he has inside information that the Bulls will take Michael Beasley with the No. 1 pick.

ehhh i dunno if i'd trade the #6 pick for ford , it sounds intriguing... wat do u guys think? THE GR8???

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

ehhh i dunno if i'd trade the #6 pick for ford , it sounds intriguing... wat do u guys think? THE GR8???

Not in a second if Mayo is available. But if he has been taken, i would not be opposed. If we can clear cap and get some talent and later picks in return iwould not be opposed at all, the other situation where i wouldnt be opposed would be if we wwould trade it for multiple later picks and maybe take DJ Augustineand get a 2nd rounder to take Dorsey or Jason Thompson.

Basically if we could trade #6 and get some talent like les say Barbosa an we would give up Curry's contract or Jerome James or some %@$+ and the pickand than get a guy like Barbosa (or any other talented player) and in this example get the suns 15th pick or the second rounder i would not mind that if Mayois not available and DJ is considered too much of a reach at #6. And than again if DJ is a reach at #6 we could potentially deal with Pheonix again and tradedown to get Pheonix's 315 pick (where DJ is projected to go on nbadraft.net) as well as their 2nd rounder. But in that scenario i would want a little mosrein return like some salary relif. maybe we can throw in a bad contract or something. Basically there are nuerous trade scenarios i wouldnt mind. i wouldntactively shop the pick but if something comes up i think we should keep our options open... except if OJ is available cause if he is take him without thinkingIMO.

but also its up to donnie. I personally dont want him. But if OJ is off the board and the Italian guy is still available at 6 , and Donnoe worked out thisguy and was high on him, he would obviously know more than me cause he scouted him, and i trust donnie's opinion, so if we take him i have to trust Donnieand just wait to see how he turns out... I defintley feel the Rocky nick name... Italian Stallion
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

they should combine the Knicks and the Nets into one team and then shut it down
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

it wouldnt be a straight trade. i true pg like ford would be nice as long as he can stay healthy. any deal that involves #6 HAS to include getting rid ofat least 1 bad contract and getting a later draft pick in return

No way I give up the #6 pick for TJ Ford.

Only way I do that is if we receive an expiring contract in exchange for Zach Randolph as well.

^^this is someone who knows what he's talking about.

We seem to make big moves on draft night. Maybe the same will re-occur this year.

HTTB/NYK Orange and Blue ,am I still pessimistic??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

.............. <--- How Nycknicks105 feels right now about the state of New York Knicks nation.

i feel the same way, especially after watching the current success of the lakers.

Yea, I don't want tj ford on my team, i am sorry. Unless we shed some big contracts and mayo is gone ill pass on that one. Just pray for
OJ.

Back
Top Bottom