OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

When he comes back, they should bring those jerseys back with em.

Now that would be a start
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

than all we would need is the old MSG theme music, the old starting lineup into + song, the old court design, and recognition of old stars (a John Starksretirment night would be a start
mad.gif
)

and than once we can do all that maybe we can get a team with that old New York Knick winning attitude
pimp.gif

Yeah,

And let's bring Charlie Ward back as team minister.

Look, I love the old guys..

But how about we start some new tradition and pride?

Its not a game, I remember my pops bought me and my sister the Ewing home/away Starter Authentics
eek.gif
pimp.gif

110x6kx.jpg

I remember trying to dead her for the away jersey but it wasn't going down
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Yeah,

And let's bring Charlie Ward back as team minister.

Look, I love the old guys..

But how about we start some new tradition and pride?

I would be OK with that which is why i want he 99 jerseys and not like the 94 ones. It was just better, those 99 jerseys were simply much better than the newjerseys (and just in case anyone has any info still looking for a road blue Sprewell authentic)

And my man did you see the new starting line up intro, what the !!%% is that @+@@??!!! A bunch of wack emo kids running through NYC with wack music. Bring backthe old intro with the theme song i know yall know what im talking about and the player clips, that was whats up. And the old MSG theme music was better aswell.

i mean im not saying bring back Ewing to start at center of course we need to build a new tradition around a new core and a new franchise player, but somethings should not have changed
smh.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif

EDIT: and of im not gonna say bring back Spree but we need to find some guys like Latrell players that have heart like that and skill to match, i mean look atthat clip that man played with fire.

This team and the entire organization need a rennovation

I mean..

Yeah, the older stuff is better. But older stuff always is better lookin back at it, especially when you used to win.

Winning changes everything.

I honestly feel that when they began to change everything around 2002 it was a reynolds for us...getting rid of Spree that same time was the icing on the cake.Not to mention the Allan Houston debacle
tired.gif

To me,

The night we traded Childs for Jackson was the end of an era.

Got no problems with Jackson, but it was a lame attempt to try to contend. Close to a desperation move.

You could just sense after that year, it was all down hill....completed with Vince kickin our $+@

I can't even remember that *!!#
tired.gif
..... _' was too young to remember it all
ohwell.gif
only bits and pieces are clear in my mind.

Our biggest problem was that all of our role players were OVER achieving, from Starks being a 6th man of the year/All Star to other huge contributors likeMarcus Camby, Chris Dudley and Charlie Ward. You knew it was over when one of em left or got hurt. There's no way any of those dudes (except for maybeStarks) were going to be as successful here as they were. But the system worked for them and as a whole it made us a factor year in and year out. It was only amatter of time before some genius in the front office to take one of em away and replace him with a declining star.

Yeah,

And every good run comes to an end.

We should have started the process we're about to start THIS summer back in 2002, imo.

The run was over, but stubbornly the Front Office tried to make moves, get over the hill, big contract players. Trying to hang on, or get a quick fix

Like trading for McDyess...so unnecessary...
ohwell.gif

Mc Dyess--Camby/Nene Hilario
indifferent.gif
idiots

Take it even further back:
Charles Smith--Mark Jackson the 1st time

EWING -- GLEN RICE, LUC LONGLEY AND TRAVIS KNIGHT? W TF
indifferent.gif

Sprewell-- Van Horn smh not enough stonefaces can go here

One thing I hope Walsh doesn't even think of is trading draft picks...at any time..

We traded First Rounders for Othella Harrington, Glen Rice, Mark Jackson during Laydens era.....Traded 2 for Eddy Curry with Isiah, etc.

Look teams in the playoffs to see how valuable and important draft picks are.

Boston and Detroit are the exceptions, just cause A) they got lucky...and B)some great decisions by Dumars.

no way in hell love goes before jordan

i think im gonna do a rasterbation of either houston after he hit that leaner against miami when he came down the court pounding his chest or larryjohnson's L

if anybody could find that allan houston picture for me i will be greatly appreciative

If we settle for Bayless, I'm going to throw up....Derrick Rose and Durant on the same team? Come on maaaaaan.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

If we settle for Bayless, I'm going to throw up....Derrick Rose and Durant on the same team? Come on maaaaaan.

For the Knicks... Mayo > Bayless.

Hell, i think Mayo is just a better prospect overall than Jerryd, but thats another discussion.

Back
Top Bottom