pimp.gif

And i sware to god Mike Dunleavy must be averaging 35+ ppg on us this season
roll.gif
roll.gif

every time we play them he scores over 30 he has 25 in the 3rd right now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

^^yeah i gotta agree. Glenn Rice was straight trash as a Knick and we got him in the Ewing trade, and Jackson was still iight but he was mad old as well. And i may be wrong but didnt Mason peace in the LJ trade a while before JVG got there? And Buck Williams was like 60 when he played with us that cant count, i mean you might as well say Mugsy as well but i ont even thonk he played a minute with us (but i do recall i loved seeing Muggsy in our bench those years we had him, he was never dressed up, but Muggsy was ma boi so i liked just having him on the bench even if he was on IR).

And also late in the season and during the playoffs in 1999 Latrell Sprewell was that franchise player, and Houston was playing nice as well, and they were doing their thing. Also Camby was coming alive and Pat was doing as much as he could even with pain , not to mention LJ it was a very good team to say the least especally when Latrell did his thing he was dropping 30+ at will in the playoffs. Dude was a straight killa.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and also any update on what channel this game is on?

yea...i was just using those last few to up the count lol...

i was actually a glen rice fan lol...he was NOT worth giving up ewing but i think he was an upgrade from other ppl we had at the 3 in the past like anthonybonner, john wallace...walter mccarty.

im pretty sure Mase spent the last half of the 95-96 season with the knicks...the LJ trade was during the off season...so JVG and mason would have had halfa season together

[table][tr][td]89-90[/td] [td]NJN[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td].350[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].600[/td] [td].50[/td] [td]1.10[/td] [td]1.60[/td] [td].3[/td] [td].10[/td] [td].10[/td] [td].52[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 90-91[/td] [td]DEN[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td].500[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].750[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td].70[/td] [td]1.70[/td] [td].0[/td] [td].33[/td] [td].00[/td] [td].00[/td] [td]2.00[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 91-92[/td] [td]NYK[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]26.8[/td] [td].509[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].642[/td] [td]2.60[/td] [td]4.40[/td] [td]7.00[/td] [td]1.3[/td] [td].56[/td] [td].24[/td] [td]1.23[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 92-93[/td] [td]NYK[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]30.6[/td] [td].502[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].682[/td] [td]2.90[/td] [td]5.00[/td] [td]7.90[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td].53[/td] [td].23[/td] [td]1.69[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]10.3[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 93-94[/td] [td]NYK[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]26.1[/td] [td].476[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].720[/td] [td]2.20[/td] [td]3.70[/td] [td]5.80[/td] [td]2.1[/td] [td].42[/td] [td].12[/td] [td]1.47[/td] [td]2.60[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 94-95[/td] [td]NYK[/td] [td]77[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]32.4[/td] [td].566[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].641[/td] [td]2.40[/td] [td]6.10[/td] [td]8.40[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td].90[/td] [td].27[/td] [td]1.60[/td] [td]3.30[/td] [td]9.9[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 95-96[/td] [td]NYK[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]42.2[/td] [td].563[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].720[/td] [td]2.70[/td] [td]6.60[/td] [td]9.30[/td] [td]4.4[/td] [td].84[/td] [td].41[/td] [td]2.57[/td] [td]3.00[/td] [td]14.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 96-97[/td] [td]CHA[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]43.1[/td] [td].525[/td] [td].333[/td] [td].745[/td] [td]2.50[/td] [td]8.80[/td] [td]11.40[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [td]1.04[/td] [td].45[/td] [td]2.26[/td] [td]2.80[/td] [td]16.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 97-98[/td] [td]CHA[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]38.9[/td] [td].509[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].649[/td] [td]2.20[/td] [td]8.00[/td] [td]10.20[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td].84[/td] [td].22[/td] [td]1.80[/td] [td]2.20[/td] [td]12.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 99-00[/td] [td]CHA[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]38.2[/td] [td].480[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].746[/td] [td]1.80[/td] [td]6.80[/td] [td]8.50[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [td].90[/td] [td].35[/td] [td]1.95[/td] [td]2.70[/td] [td]11.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 00-01[/td] [td]MIA[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]80[/td] [td]40.7[/td] [td].482[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].781[/td] [td]2.10[/td] [td]7.50[/td] [td]9.60[/td] [td]3.1[/td] [td]1.00[/td] [td].31[/td] [td]2.24[/td] [td]2.90[/td] [td]16.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 01-02[/td] [td]MIL[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]38.3[/td] [td].505[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td].697[/td] [td]1.50[/td] [td]6.40[/td] [td]7.90[/td] [td]4.2[/td] [td].70[/td] [td].27[/td] [td]1.59[/td] [td]2.30[/td] [td]9.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td] 02-03[/td] [td]MIL[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]32.6[/td] [td].486[/td] [td].000[/td] [td].718[/td] [td]1.40[/td] [td]5.00[/td] [td]6.40[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [td].49[/td] [td].18[/td] [td]1.22[/td] [td]2.30[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [/tr][/table]
he was here up until they changed their jerseys the first time...

Stating the obvious...Minny beating Memphis last week really hurt...

Hopefully they can pull it off tonight

TYPERPINOY:

Do me a favor and point out where I said our current team is more talented than it was when Van Gundy was the coach? When I said he did more with less, I meanhe helped that aging Knick team accomplish more than their talent alone would have gotten them. He got players to fit in roles, give great effort, and the teamended up succeeding more than their aging, and on the decline or injured stars would have otherwise. I appreciate your zeal and enthusiasm, but you may havemisunderstood what I was saying, or just wanted to get a couple of
laugh.gif
's on NT. It's all good, but if your your trying to say he caught Ewing,Starks, Oakley, LJ, Mason, Camby (an underachiever when he was on the Knicks), Glen Rice (really fam, dude was TRASH on the Knicks), Mark Jackson, BuckWilliams (
indifferent.gif
what did dude average, 2.5 minutes a game?) in their prime, or when they were All-Stars, then you are WILDIN'. How many of those playersactually had All-Star seasons under the Knicks when Van Gundy was the coach? Just a couple. Houston and Sprewell were very good players, but Houston wasinjured as often as he played practically.

You went HARD (NH) for the lol's and emoticon's but you FAILED....EPIC FAILURE actually.

How old are you, did you actually follow the Knicks when Van Gundy was the coach, did you know almost NONE of those players were at their prime or playing atan All-Star level during that time? Look at '98-2000, those players were all well past their prime, or injured in the case of some of the players. Imentioned I wasnt talking about the mid-90's team, but most of the players you mentioned like Ewing, Starks, Oakley, Mason, those guys were all only reallygood with Riley as the coach, they were aging and on the decline or gone for the most part when Van Gundy was the coach.

You really are buggin....I mean you really thought you were winning with all those posts?
ohwell.gif
. Posting 8 times, reaching more and more every post. Don't putwords in my mouth and say I ever mentioned the Knicks being a terrible team when he was the coach, or that they were less talented than the current group.

im probably older than you...i been watching the knicks since the BOMB SQUAD days...im bored with school...and i got the laughs i was looking for....i guess iDID misunderstand what you were saying...i interpreted more with less as he OVERACHIEVED with the squad he had...no harm no foul lol

Knicks suck thank god this ##$%$*% season is over. Im hoping Walsh already told Isiah hes out. I think the announcement will be made tomorrow or Friday, if hecomes back i will be TRULY shocked and even more disgusted.

We locked up #5 but it looks like Memphis gonna get an L tonight
smh.gif

##$%$*% Dunleavy
roll.gif
i swarre like i just said that dude drops 35+ vs the Knicks every time we play. son aint even nice but he straight kills us every time
laugh.gif
i think it said tonight was his 3rd 36 point game vs us this season
sick.gif
laugh.gif

and also it hasnt really been talked about much but Clyde and Pearl in the booth the past few games has been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now that it's over..

My Wishlist

Either hire Jackson or let Herb be a care taker for a year
Trade Zach or Eddy if at all possible
Don't let Steph play but keep him and run out that contract
Start Wilson Chandler and David Lee next year, every game
If you can move/buyout James, Jefferies, Q, almost anyone, do it.

Draft..
First Round In order
1) Rose
2) Beasley
3) Lopez
4) Mayo
5) Bayless

I'm not entertaining the thought of a pick outside the top 5
laugh.gif

Second Round Wishes
1) Jason Thompson (no way he falls that much, but who knows)
2) Pat Ewing JR
3) JJ Hickson

back to buck williams lol....i remember crackin up everytime this dude got off the bench to check in with those goggles on hahaha

He's not the best facilitator in the world...he's just not a great passer....but he definitely is not the shot taking, ball hog he was made out to be

give me him over Bayless.

Offensive games being pretty much equal...Mayo has him here....he is a very good defender. And wecould really use that

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

there's no way in hell that that can sit well with me.

laugh.gif

Some of us are clearly divided on Steph.

I just don't see anything positive he can bring to the table. Especially considering there is no way in hell he would be playing in a Knick uniformafter the year

yo i did nt know this but on NBADRAFT.NET it says that we are giving our 2nd round pick to Portland because of the Demetrius Nichos trade, any truth in this?Does anyone know?

Anyway my moves for the offseason...

Hire Greg Anthony or Allan Houston as GM but let Walsh have most of the control
Hire Mark Jackson or promote Herb as Head Coach, and have Ewing as an assistant either way
trade Zach and Eddy get rid of them any way or how
find a way to get rid of... James, Jeffries, Collins, Q, Fred Jones, etc.
Hold onto Stephon Marbury and David Lee at all costs
try and hold onto Nate Robinson and wilson Chandler as well
start Chandler and Lee next yar (unless we draft Beasley)
sign Patrick Ewing Jr. as an undrafted FA or trade for him if we dont have a 2nd round pick, he will bring much helpful and needed athletisism and energy aswell as being Ewing's son (destiny)

Draft Order...
1. Derrick Rose
2. Michael Beasley
3. O.J. Mayo
4. Brook Lopez
5. Jerryd Bayless

EDIT: and on the Steph situation, i know we need to get rid of him and we dont need him, but im a big fan of Steph and who he was. He is one player that i cansay we ruined the career of. Son was mad talented and always played with a lot of hard. i always have compassion for my boi Steph. I say let him play next yearmaybe ou new coach and our new management can get some old Steph out of him and he can increase his value as a Free Agnet next summer and sign somewhere else.i feel it is the least we can do for ruining the career of the hometown here from Coney Island. 6. Eric Gordon (dont want the 6th pick at all but im a big fanof Gordon so i thought i would throw him in)

If so
indifferent.gif

And for Nichols? ughh
sick.gif

Pat Jr is definitely getting drafted 2nd round, so FA signing isn't gona be possible....I really do hope we could find a way to get him.

Lee is the closest thing to a true role player we've had in a while...and those guys are needed.

Most of the laughs you got were from yourself
ohwell.gif

Now that you know those cats you mentioned weren't great franchise players in their prime during Van Gundy's tenure you say no harm no foul...
ohwell.gif
Youwrote all those players knowing basically 90% of them were All-Stars years earlier. Unless you didn't actually know that.

He DID overachieve. He took a good but not great team, and made them very very competitive, that team in '99 especially played great, but on paper there isno way they should have made the Finals. That was due, in some part, to Van Gundy helping them play better than they actually were, maximizing their talent andgetting many of them to accept roles many of the players had never thrived in before.

I'm out of college, 25. I've been a Knick fan since I knew what basketball was (Not that this age thing is important, but you were acting thirsty fore-props making you seem young/immature). Even if you are older than me, which is unlikely unless your in grad school, what you have said means you don'treally know much about basketball (judging on your evaluation of the 11 All-Stars Van Gundy coached
indifferent.gif
), or did not actually follow the team closely. Next timeyou try to e-embarrass somebody, go for a dude who you know more than, but good luck with that.

Thank god, it's over!!

Nice wish list, allen3xis..

We do not have a second round pick this year. It belongs to the Portland TrailBlazers (the Demitris Nichols trade)..
mad.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

yo i did nt know this but on NBADRAFT.NET it says that we are giving our 2nd round pick to Portland because of the Demetrius Nichos trade, any truth in this? Does anyone know?

Anyway my moves for the offseason...

Hire Greg Anthony or Allan Houston as GM but let Walsh have most of the control
Hire Mark Jackson or promote Herb as Head Coach, and have Ewing as an assistant either way
trade Zach and Eddy get rid of them any way or how
find a way to get rid of... James, Jeffries, Collins, Q, Fred Jones, etc.
Hold onto Stephon Marbury and David Lee at all costs
try and hold onto Nate Robinson and wilson Chandler as well
start Chandler and Lee next yar (unless we draft Beasley)
sign Patrick Ewing Jr. as an undrafted FA or trade for him if we dont have a 2nd round pick, he will bring much helpful and needed athletisism and energy as well as being Ewing's son (destiny)

Draft Order...
1. Derrick Rose
2. Michael Beasley
3. O.J. Mayo
4. Brook Lopez
5. Jerryd Bayless

EDIT: and on the Steph situation, i know we need to get rid of him and we dont need him, but im a big fan of Steph and who he was. He is one player that i can say we ruined the career of. Son was mad talented and always played with a lot of hard. i always have compassion for my boi Steph. I say let him play next year maybe ou new coach and our new management can get some old Steph out of him and he can increase his value as a Free Agnet next summer and sign somewhere else. i feel it is the least we can do for ruining the career of the hometown here from Coney Island. 6. Eric Gordon (dont want the 6th pick at all but im a big fan of Gordon so i thought i would throw him in)

i know we werent seeing eye to eye about a year ago...but damn you are thinkin exactly what im thinking for this off season

anyone know if Nate and Jamal are planning to play EBC again this summer?

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Most of the laughs you got were from yourself
ohwell.gif

Now that you know those cats you mentioned weren't great franchise players in their prime during Van Gundy's tenure you say no harm no foul...
ohwell.gif
You wrote all those players knowing basically 90% of them were All-Stars years earlier. Unless you didn't actually know that.

He DID overachieve. He took a good but not great team, and made them very very competitive, that team in '99 especially played great, but on paper there is no way they should have made the Finals. That was due, in some part, to Van Gundy helping them play better than they actually were, maximizing their talent and getting many of them to accept roles many of the players had never thrived in before.

I'm out of college, 25. I've been a Knick fan since I knew what basketball was (Not that this age thing is important, but you were acting thirsty for e-props making you seem young/immature). Even if you are older than me, which is unlikely unless your in grad school, what you have said means you don't really know much about basketball (judging on your evaluation of the 11 All-Stars Van Gundy coached
indifferent.gif
), or did not actually follow the team closely. Next time you try to e-embarrass somebody, go for a dude who you know more than, but good luck with that.

i already admitted i misunderstood what u said...let it go.

woo zaaaaaa

Gr8...

Lottery Date is May 20th instead of 22nd.

I wouldn't be opposed to Anthony in the front office....H20, ehhhh

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

there's no way in hell that that can sit well with me.

laugh.gif

Some of us are clearly divided on Steph.

I just don't see anything positive he can bring to the table. Especially considering there is no way in hell he would be playing in a Knick uniform after the year

I have faith in that dude
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

He DID overachieve. He took a good but not great team, and made them very very competitive, that team in '99 especially played great, but on paper there is no way they should have made the Finals. That was due, in some part, to Van Gundy helping them play better than they actually were, maximizing their talent and getting many of them to accept roles many of the players had never thrived in before.

I agree with you that JVG did a great job with that team and his other teams and that he maximized the value of players and th 99 Knicks would not have been inthe finals (let alone even the playoffs) without JVG.

But for real when that team played at their full potential, they definitley were talented enough to get to the finals, who else was more talented than themwhen Spree and Houston were dominating in the backcourt or when Camby was blocking shots, and throwing down dunks and wowing people with his athletitisism, andwhen LJ was on his game, and of course Ewing being the warrior that he is. When that team started to reach their full potential, there were very ew teams astalented as them. I wouldnt say JVG overachieved with that team. i think he did a great job. They were not functioning in the regular season but when they hitfull stride they were damn good and tough to beat.

EDIT: thanks allen date changed

Marbury is valuable to us as an expiring contract. We need to hold onto him, basically pay him his money to not come anywhere near the organization for thiscoming season. If we trade him, we will have to take an equal amount of $ back in salary cap, most likely with a lot more years left. That would be a disaster,thats the type of thing Thomas has been doing that has screwed us up.

For the draft, if we can't get Rose, and if the Knick's brass doesn't feel Bayless is the point guard of the future for us, then I think we need toaddress the lack of talent we have at shooting guard. We have plenty of guys who can defend and play at the 3-4. From Lee, Balkman, Q Rich, Chandler, Jeffries(I hate dude but he is not the worst defender in the world and at the very least has decent length
laugh.gif
) Randolph (if we cant trade him...please let us findsomeone to take him off our hands), Morris (definitely not good but can rebound/defend a little bit, and he would be our 10th-11th man anyway). I am not sayingmost of those guys are good, they are trash for the most part although I like Lee, Balkman, Chandler, and at least Q Rich has a little fire and heart (he seemslike the one dude that gets mad when we're getting embarrassed).

But our situation at the 2 is a joke. Mardy Collins and Fred Jones? I know Crawford is a more natural 2 or at least combo guard, but Mayo or Gordon would be aHUGE, dramatic upgrade in talent and scoring over Jones and Collins. I would be happy with either Mayo or Gordon if we are picking 4-6.

I'm still hoping somehow we get lucky in the lottery and can end up with Rose
pimp.gif

I'd be happy with Mayo since he can run the point and play D..

But Gordon?

Please no, the last thing the Knicks need to bring in is another person who needs to get off shots.

As much bad things I've said about Jamal, he's ok at the 2....for now

Back
Top Bottom