OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

smokin.gif

So I just peeped the final standings. If this scum of the earth Thomas hadn't somehow let this team go on that "timely" little three game winningstreak right near the end, we would be tied for the 2nd worst record in the League at 20-62. UNBELIEVABLE
smh.gif
The odds of us having a top 2 pick would beastronomically higher. Now we just need to pray Stern can rig this lottery for us. Damn Zeke, managed to screw us one last time
mad.gif
If we don't get a top2 pick, Zeke better not EVER walk the streets of NY. I will murk this dude if I ever see him.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

So I just peeped the final standings. If this scum of the earth Thomas hadn't somehow let this team go on that "timely" little three game winning streak right near the end, we would be tied for the 2nd worst record in the League at 20-62. UNBELIEVABLE
smh.gif
The odds of us having a top 2 pick would be astronomically higher. Now we just need to pray Stern can rig this lottery for us. Damn Zeke, managed to screw us one last time
mad.gif
If we don't get a top 2 pick, Zeke better not EVER walk the streets of NY. I will murk this dude if I ever see him.

Yeah B i was so %!#$!@* pissed when we went on that 3 game streak. We were doing great and moved ahead of Memphis after losing to them and than we won 3 in arow. %!#$!@* Isiah
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h2]April 16, 2008
[/h2] [h1]Knicks report card starts and ends with Fs

[/h1]Knicks report card starts and ends with Fs

marburyhed.jpg
Stephon Marbury: You know things are bad when Marbury's most memorable performance occurred when he was the star witness in the Anucha Browne Sanders sexual harassment trial.

Otherwise, the man with the perpetual sourpuss continued to show signs of breaking down - he ended the year injured for the third straight season - and he failed to make the Knicks better.

Predictably, Marbury's phony and unhealthy relationship with Isiah Thomas blew up famously on the plane ride to Phoenix during the second week of the season. There is no way to spin the fact that Marbury symbolizes everything about the Isiah era; overpaid, over-hyped, underachieving. F

ecurrhed.jpg
Eddy Curry: I know what you're thinking; it's not Eddy's fault that Isiah inexplicably brought in another low-post scorer who demands the ball just weeks after Curry completed a solid season as the team's go-to-guy. Way to build the kid's confidence, Zeke.

But the Zach Randolph excuse doesn't explain why Curry is out of shape, why he doesn't defend and why he doesn't rebound. He's a terrific guy but I don't think he has the hunger to be a big-time player. F

jjameshed.jpg
Jerome James: Earned Supermodel wages this year; more than $1 million per minute. For the record, 'Rome played five minutes, was never in shape and probably will be released this summer. He's a funny guy but for $1 million per minute Chris Rock would have been a better investment. F

qrihed.jpg
Quentin Richardson: His first season post-back surgery was not a pretty one. He was never fit (do you sense a trend here?) and Q didn't help himself by getting into shouting matches with Isiah on the bench. His career is at a crossroads. D

rmorrished.jpg
Randolph Morris: Should have been in the D-League for most of the season but his development was hampered because Isiah, who ran the CBA into the ground, wasn't about to help out the NBA's minor league. Whatta guy. It's really a shame. Morris lost a year of basketball because of Isiah's pettiness. D

balkmanhed.jpg
Renaldo Balkman: What the heck happened to him? He shut down Carmelo Anthony in the third game of the season and was never heard from again. Balkman is a high energy, high turnover guy who seemed to fall out of favor with his head coach. D

mardyhed1.jpg
Mardy Collins: Slow to recover from offseason knee surgery, Collins never found consistent minutes and then struggled when he did play. He was also an innocent bystander in the Isiah/James Dolan plan to bury Marbury in early November. When the unwise decision was made to pull Marbury from the starting lineup just five games into the season it was Collins, ill-prepared and out of shape, who started against Steve Nash.

Hello controversy, goodbye season. D

jajeffhed.jpg
Jared Jeffries: If only the fans knew how much work Jeffries put in they might think differently of him. If only Isiah knew how to use him - he should never be standing outside the three-point line - maybe Jeffries could be a poor man's Andrei Kirilenko. If only he could shoot… D

malikrosehed.jpg
Malik Rose: I'm guessing that every day Rose thinks about what he once had in San Antonio and starts crying. He's been a pro but he also showed signs of cracking this year. Then again, wouldn't you? C

wchanhed.jpg
Wilson Chandler: Be very careful judging rookies in meaningless games. Chandler is a big-time athlete with poor shot selection who will benefit from a coaching change. C

zrandhed.jpg
Zach Randolph: And he thought the Portland Trail Blazers were a nutty team. Zach was miscast as the power forward to compliment Curry but that didn't stop him from putting up solid numbers. A true character, it is hard not to like Zach. He didn't ask to come here but he'll probably ask to leave. C

fjoneshed.jpg
Fred Jones: The guard that sent Allan Houston back into retirement. Not even playing in Indiana with Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson could prepare Jones for what he experienced in New York. A stand-up guy with brains and street smarts, hopefully he'll land on his feet somewhere else. C

natehed.jpg
Nate Robinson: A freak of an athlete, Nate actually showed signs of maturity in his third season. He's another guy who would benefit from playing in a real organization with a real head coach. C

dleehed1.jpg
David Lee: Took a small step back this season - didn't they all? - but he has the right attitude and work ethic to become a solid player. He's a rebounding machine whose offensive game is improving. C

crawfordhed.jpg
Jamal Crawford: The best player on a really bad team, Jamal still can't decide if he wants to be a street-baller or a serious NBA player. Ricky Davis is embarrassed by Jamal's shot selection.

Crawford genuinely seems to care but never seems to get angry or have the confidence to call out an unproductive teammate. Instead, he plays the role of the politically correct shooting guard, saying that the Knicks can still make the playoffs and that Isiah is doing a really good job. It was cute four years ago but now he's coming across as disingenuous.

That being said, I really believe he can be an effective player on a good team with a good coach. He's a guy worth rooting for but it's also time for him to grow up, take better shots and hold his teammates accountable. C-plus

isiahhed1.jpg
Isiah Thomas: Starting with the embarrassing sexual harassment trial, Isiah came across as pathological, delusional and arrogant all season. And here's the thing; he actually hired an outside public relations firm. So either he wasn't listening to them or he was getting bad advice.

It's too bad because when he first got the job he was a regular guy who seemed to really care. By the end, he became the Telfon Con, a man more committed to keeping his job rather than performing his job.

This season, he completed perhaps the worst coaching job in NBA history to go along with one of the worst years as an executive in league history. Isiah singlehandedly redefined what it means to be a complete failure.

His got the contracts of Jerome James, Eddy Curry and Stephon Marbury on his permanent record. Not to mention all those losses.

The Knicks went from being a team that didn't practice hard to a team that didn't practice at all. They were poorly conditioned, poorly prepared and poorly led. But boy oh boy, Isiah's got to be the best dressed coach. What else would you expect from someone who probably has a paperweight on his desk that reads: Style over Substance? F-minus

According to Frank Isola, Isiah Thomas has been informed that he will not return as head coach next season.

Just heard it on WFAN. I have no sources since I'm on my crappy cell phone.

According to Frank Isola, Isiah Thomas has been informed that he will not return as head coach next season.

I just keep seeing the image of Iraqi citizens destroying the Saddam statue.
laugh.gif
The reign of this tyrant is over. Ding dong the witch is dead.

It's time to celebrate!

And by the way, %%#% that @%@#*!%%%% Isiah for coaching us to 3 straight wins down the stretch. I will seriously break that dudes legs if I ever see himwalking through NYC.

Originally Posted by d3simet

Thank god, it's over!!

Nice wish list, allen3xis..

We do not have a second round pick this year. It belongs to the Portland TrailBlazers (the Demitris Nichols trade)..
mad.gif
that's news to me... i thought we had a 2nd rounder this year.. #34 to be exact

D3SIMET-- whose that in the avy? i can't make it out

guys quick question... if we didnt get the 1 or 2 n we ended up at 5, would u be opposed to trading our 5th overall pick a nd david lee for the 1 or 2 overallpick? just thought i'd bring it up since it is a possiblility
ohwell.gif

^I would. I love David Lee's game, but we NEED a franchise player right now. I honestly think it would be best for the team.

i also am intrigued by Morris...when he did get the ball he was aggressive in the post....send him to the DLeague for a while and then play him.

These knuckleheads need a coach with a firm demeanor. I want either Rick Carlisle (boring offense though) or someone of that ilk. I still dont understand MarkJackson....he's credible but he doesnt strike me as someone who could handle Steph, Nate if he regresses, Zach's chucks, or Eddy's being Eddy.

Herb looks like he'd herb the !%! outta them though
pimp.gif

f isiah thomas and the fat pockets he's made off the knicks and it's fans

to think i ever admired him as a basketball player. he's proven himself to be less than a capable coash and upstanding person not only for the failureshe's brought to this team, but even the many questionable and even foul moves he's committed behind the scenes.

good riddance you p.o.s.

i am....son is a ATHLETE..we get a strict coach to help him and Jamal with shot selection and our backcourt should be fine. he'd be a fine consolationprize should we luck out and not get those two....

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm not sure about OJ.

Did you see how OJ played the last half of the season? When he started trusting his teammates? I think that OJ w/ a teacher like Mark Jackson or RickCarlisle would be a good thing and would stop him from developing bad habits really early in his career.....Y'all don't need Bayless (Though hewouldn't be too bad of a pick) and for god sakes, don't get Eric Gordon....

Last thing y'all need is a 6'3 2 guard w/ NO pg skills launching 25 ft. 3's all day...

HE'S OUT!!!!!!

Great day today is the start of the New York Knicks Renaissance
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

when they make the official announcement i may shed tears... Good Riddance MOTHER @$#%$@

and yeah Mark is getting hired i have heard for a while he is front runner, and he quit his broadcasting jon on air
eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I just keep seeing the image of Iraqi citizens destroying the Saddam statue.
laugh.gif
The reign of this tyrant is over. Ding dong the witch is dead.

It's time to celebrate!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

someone needs to make a photoshop of this LOL, it would be classic

83b159eec9aad9fb60ce6d4a47223c579141d6f.jpg

wow! I just heard on Espn radio that Donnie Walsh is strongly considering Jeff Van Gundy...and that the fact he would go after JVG is proof that Walsh hasfull autonomy and Dolan has no say in it....Mark Jackson is still the favorite tho, JVG is a close second

Back
Top Bottom