OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

1162590457.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

We're dreaming big.
laugh.gif

Its the only way to dream right now.
I dont see how anyone can be against the hiring of Walsh. My only concern is whether Isiah will be removed ascoach or not. I still think Dolan will not "fire" Isiah and only demote him to a front office role as a scout or talent evaluator. I am cool withthat. As far as coaching candidates it is pretty much a toss up for me. I am not really enamored with any candidate and I am not so high on Mark Jackson theway others are. I think Rick Carlisle is a very underrated coach but I think this organization needs a young hungry assistant like a Tom Thibadeau. We alsoneed a young GM to work with Walsh to take over in 3 years. Walsh is 67 and will not be here for the long haul.

It looks as though since this news has been leaked that the Knicks will have to announce this early. I can't wait to go to that press conference. I wonderif Thomas will be there. I have a very good feeling about our luck this year in the draft and I think the Knicks will get a top 2 pick. We need Rose in theworst way to bring some juice back to this franchise.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

We also need a young GM to work with Walsh to take over in 3 years. Walsh is 67 and will not be here for the long haul.

I agree i say we bring in Greg anthony or H20 ASAP when the season starts.

And for the caching bring Pat back home as an assistant so we can break the Patrick Ewing curse... and also the man is not all rep. He knows what he isdoing and he can be a very good coach in this league, he needs more time as an assistant but when he was in houston he molded Yao Ming into a star and in hisfirst year with Olando look what he has done with Dwight Howard. And than bring his old teamate Mark Jackson bck at the head.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I do agree on the statement mentioned above that we need someone younger to take over for Walsh when he does decide to leave. But who?? I'm not toocomfortable havign ex-players run the team. i just always had a bad feeling about this, even at the coaching position.

And as for us getting all happed up over Rose, I just hope we get a top 2 pick. But i have a feeling we will get the 4-5 pick instead.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

I agree i say we bring in Greg anthony or H20 ASAP when the season starts.

And for the caching bring Pat back home as an assistant so we can break the Patrick Ewing curse... and also the man is not all rep. He knows what he is doing and he can be a very good coach in this league, he needs more time as an assistant but when he was in houston he molded Yao Ming into a star and in his first year with Olando look what he has done with Dwight Howard. And than bring his old teamate Mark Jackson bck at the head.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I like both those guys as assistant GM's who can be groomed but I was thinking even hiring Kiki Vandeweghe as an assistant GM. Patrick Ewing as anassistant coach would be great....he has proven great results with centers as GR8 pointed out.
Can some of you guys tell me why you are so high on Mark Jackson as a coach?! I am not saying dude would be bad but I just don't see why Knicksfans are in love with this guy as a head coach.

roll.gif
@ adding the #2 patch to a Jalen Rose jersey.

I don't get the Jackson thing either...

Zero experience.

If you wana go the young, engertic route...why not pluck some assistant off of a good team..

Originally Posted by tommykairaa

eh i was bored, found a vid of jamals sig move

Francis

�I mean for me with Jackson, it is that i would want to get a nice young energetic coach and not an older more experienced coach cause this team needs a newlook and we are going to have a team so we need a young coach to be patient. i am high on Mark cause i would love to give him the chance to start his coachingcareer with us. im a big fan of sseing NYC kids come back to this team and he was froom Brooklyn (i think, maybe Queeens) and he went to St. johns. he hasalways been an extremely smart player, i see him as a perfect fit, i have a great feeling about Mark, i think he can be� a great coach. If we give him theright atmosphere like rose and some other pieces (hopfully Lebron) i think he can be a great coach for us...

annd btw i was just looking at that vid and at :35 is it just me or did Jamal completely miss that layup off the side of the hoop?
tongue.gif
sick.gif

I really think we should just make Herb coach while we clean out the locker room.

There's no sense in bringing a new coach in here that we want for the long haul, and make him suffer through 3-4 years of losing.

We should suck it up, and let Herb coach... then when we have out players in place we can pick a coach based on how well they fit the team, and who is outthere.

Who knows what talented coaches could be out there in a few years.

We should snatch up Pat and give him some kind of job and let him know that he's in out future plans, though... just so we could prevent someone elsesnatching him up.

^^really i dont care i would be fine with that. I would like to have Jackson the most but as long as we get a new coach thats not Isiah, i dont care that much.Im more conserned on other things this summer like our new front office and our new team which includes trading curry, Z Bo, and possibly others, and mostimportantly the draft.

Originally Posted by NYK orange and blue

Its pretty disappointing looking back
ohwell.gif

72388802.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
H20 was that dude back in the day and those jerseys are
pimp.gif

best Knicks jerseys of all time i think, up their with the greats

Forget the jerseys...if any of u can find this jacket Walter Mc Carty is rockin in the background, that would be appreciated
pimp.gif
....look at little ScottBrooks lol

ewing_action.jpg

i dont see why Mark Jackson should be Knicks coach.

i'd rather Van Gundy and his baggy eyes. they need a taskmaster with a proven record. Thomas bankrupted the CBA and STIL got hired. if that went down,surely they can find a new coach

HTTB I agree with you on Herb coaching....personally I think that is the right move for the next few years.

Tomorrow I will be at the Garden working and I am doing a video reporters notebook with Marc Berman talking about the Donnie Walsh/Isiah situation. Once thevid is up I will provide a link.

If there are any questions people think would be good for me to pose to Marc or specifics that you feel need to be addressed as far as the situation by allmeans suggest em.

Back
Top Bottom