OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory.
pimp.gif

Ugh, the hell.

On the bright side, the odds to the team with the worst record getting the #1 pick is not as great as people might think...its all luck like Clyde said.

I'd be just as happy getting the 2 pick. Rose or Beasly would make me
smile.gif
(no Laney).

I dunno why yall are whining, like others have said (and like Boston last year). Losing and having the worst record isn't guaranteeing a DAMN thing. Wherewe stand right now is good enough imo, we'll just have to see where the chips will fall

It doesn't guarantee a top 2 pick..

but it improves the chances greatly, and if we end up 5th...who's to say we don't end up with the 7th pick as much as we would #2 or #3?

It's not just about percentages with the First pick, it's with all of them...I believe if you have the worst record, you're guaranteed no worsethan #3

It was the math with the different draft positions..can't get it to come out right

but for example

#3 worst record - 45% chance of a top 3 pick
#5 worst record - 28% chance of a top 3 pick

So yeah, The Celtics didn't get lucky..but

you have to take as many ping pong balls as you can get...I want the best odds possible

Originally Posted by allen3xis

It doesn't guarantee a top 2 pick..

but it improves the chances greatly, and if we end up 5th...who's to say we don't end up with the 7th pick as much as we would #2 or #3?

It's not just about percentages with the First pick, it's with all of them...I believe if you have the worst record, you're guaranteed no worse than #3

#4 but good points regardless

updated standings:

[table][tr][td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]HM[/td] [td]RD[/td] [td]CONF[/td] [td]DIV[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]PA[/td] [td]DIFF[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]L10[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]New York[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]51[/td] [td].282[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]13-24[/td] [td]7-27[/td] [td]17-26[/td] [td]5-9[/td] [td]95.5[/td] [td]102.4[/td] [td]-6.9[/td] [td]Won 1[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Memphis[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]53[/td] [td].254[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]13-23[/td] [td]5-30[/td] [td]9-35[/td] [td]2-14[/td] [td]100.0[/td] [td]106.1[/td] [td]-6.1[/td] [td]Lost 2[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]55[/td] [td].236[/td] [td]39 ½[/td] [td]11-24[/td] [td]6-31[/td] [td]9-34[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]97.7[/td] [td]106.4[/td] [td]-8.7[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]1-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Miami[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]58[/td] [td].183[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]7-29[/td] [td]6-29[/td] [td]6-37[/td] [td]1-13[/td] [td]92.6[/td] [td]100.8[/td] [td]-8.2[/td] [td]Lost 1[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom