OFFICIAL NEW YORK KNICKS OFFSEASON THREAD: TRAINING CAMP

Just stopped in to show love to the Knicks fans still watching the games. I haven't watched a full game for a while now. Has a Michael Beasly chant beenstarted at the garden yet?

Here is the interview...or the parts concerning the Knicks.

Is it time for Isaiah Thomas to leave the Knicks?

It's time for Isaiah Thomas to go, but it's time for Eddy Curry to go more. How are you 7 feet and Nate Robinson gets more rebounds than you? How areyou 7 feet and you can't get rebounds? That's an embarrassment. He has no heart. He has no determination. And this is the same team that ran LarryBrown out of town. Isaiah just got a bad rap. This is the fate he chose. This team rebelled against Larry Brown. They said they didn't like Larry Brown andIsaiah listened to the team. He took votes. He had a meeting with them after the season and fired Larry Brown. Larry Brown wanted to trade Eddy Curry. He saidEddy Curry was not a franchise player and he was right! How do you get rid of a coach who just led his teams to the finals for two years in a row for someplayers that you want to trade now? It's time for Isaiah to admit his fault. If he's going to stay, he needs to admit his fault. But Eddy Curry needsto go. He sucks. Keep Zach Randolph. Don't worry about his attitude and +$%*. He's giving you a double-double every night. That's what he'ssupposed to do. Get rid of Eddy Curry. Keep Zach Randolph. And then try to make some other moves.

Would you get rid of Stephon Marbury too?

Hell yeah I would get rid of Stephon because Stephon is a headache. There's always a problem with Stephon. He had a problem with Quentin Richardson. He hada problem with Kurt Thomas. He's the reason Kurt Thomas got traded. He's the reason a lot of players got traded. And a lot of players in the lockerroom say he's an *%%%+#*. I know NBA players and they say he's an *%%%+#* too. They say he's not a likeable person. Get somebody who wants to play.They %%+%%* up. They should have got Marcus Williams, the guy that the Nets have now. Keep Balkman and get Ron Ron when Ron Ron's free.

Will Ron Artest be coming back to New York?

I know Ron Ron. Last year he was definitely coming to New York. In the summertime they were pulling him off the train. They were going to trade Ron Ron forQuentin Richardson. I don't know what happened but the deal never went down. I don't know what happened. But it didn't go down though. So thisyear, he's going to come to New York. He wants to be in New York and he has a strong family here. They'll keep him out of trouble. Everybody saysthings about Ron Ron. He has no criminal record. Look at the media attention and scrutiny when he was at St. John's. He never got in trouble and he was acommunity person. He needs to come to New York. But I will tell you one thing, if San Antonio gets Ron Artest, it will be ugly. They will lock it down.

And Ron is a cool kid. He's a genuine person. I've never seen him get in a fight. I don't even think I've heard him use profanity. He'sricher than all the rappers and you never hear anybody $@+@!%!% on Ron Ron because Ron Ron is a good person. Everybody likes Ron Ron.

When Ron Artest played his first game in the NBA, it was against the Miami Heat. Then it was the New York Knicks. I was there at his first game. It was me,Super Ed, Hops, Ron Artest's father and a guy that used to coach Ron. That was it. I was at his first game in Chicago when he was a Chicago Bull. I waswith Ron Artest and we stayed out there for a week. That's my man but I don't try to go around him too much because now that he's famous, theentourage comes and too many people try to be around him. Ron Ron is a good dude. When he first came into the NBA, we went out to dinner and went shopping andI spent my own money.

Ron Ron is a cool dude. The media inflates +$%* just like they did to me. I was the mad rapper at one time and they always said that 'Mega was this or'Mega was that. 90% of the comments I get now is people telling me that I'm cool. $%+@ the media, man. Ron Artest is a good guy. He goes throughpersonal +$%* in his life, but who don't? He had a domestic problem but so did Jason Kidd! The media paints the picture that they want to paint. MichaelJordan got divorced and Bill Clinton got head in the Oval Office! It is what it is.

Originally Posted by FlyDaily

are the knicks losing to get the #1 pick cause i swear every game they play good for 3 quarters and then give up in the 4th

no they've been playing like this for the past 3 years

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

It's time for Isaiah Thomas to go, but it's time for Eddy Curry to go more. How are you 7 feet and Nate Robinson gets more rebounds than you? How are you 7 feet and you can't get rebounds? That's an embarrassment. He has no heart. He has no determination...

But Eddy Curry needs to go. He sucks.

I've been saying that since this bum came here in that wack trade. (minus Isiah getting fired cause i thought we should have kept him but that extensionwas wack)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I mean its true dude is so %$#*$*@ soft. he is as soft as it gets. He is ourcenter and even when he gets big minutes he is usually last out of all the guys that get PT in the rebounds for that game, and he ALWAYS has less than Natewhen they both get PT.
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

This dude know what he is talkin bout, he was dead on about almost everything that he said. Especially about ma boi Artest
pimp.gif
Hopfully we can bring my homie back home
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

iight theres been too many Knicks rumors and i thought that they should be posted on here so i found this post on the 6th page and now im posting anotherKnicks rumor i liked...

The New York Daily News -
Mark Jackson and Scott Skiles are the most likely candidates to become the next coach of the Knicks, according to the New York Daily News.

Other names that have been whispered include Paul Silas, Tom Thibodeau, Mike Fratello, and Terry Porter.

Pacers' CEO Donnie Walsh, who is being courted by the Knicks, wanted to hire Jackson this past offseason.
If we can get Jerry West and Mark Jackson that would be
pimp.gif
Iwould know wed be on the right track...

Walsh and Skiles...
ohwell.gif
but than again still WAY better than Zeke andIsiah
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hustleordie

Just stopped in to show love to the Knicks fans still watching the games. I haven't watched a full game for a while now.

Gotta agree. I haven't watched a Knicks game in forever. Last game I watched was LBJ drop 50.

But then again, I said I can't support anything Knick-related until dumb @%! Zeke and/or Dolan is gone for good.

Props to whoever is still actually watching the games.

If we can get Jerry West and Mark Jackson that would be
pimp.gif
I would know wed be on the right track...

pimp.gif
eek.gif

That's just as good as the Mullin/Jackson combo suggested earlier.

Anybody go to the game yesterday?(probably not, but just wondering, lol)....half the crowd was there for JUAN CARLOS NAVARRO....

I never thought I'd see some random player being the center of MSG like that...they're definetly tanking tho...taking out crawford and nate in the 4thquarters...

but does the fact that it seems Isiah is purposefully tanking against the Grizzles mean that he knows he'll be around for the draft?
ohwell.gif

I was at that game yesterday....It was ridiculous how many spaniards were in attendance

Only positive was Wilson Chandler and Randolph Morris starting (Morris has been rusty as hell though)

loss to Memphis last night and hopfully Minny tonight
pimp.gif

Where two games ahead of both right now

Another L for us
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

and Minny and Memphis both look like they are playing to win as Minny picked up the W on us tonight and Memphis picked up another W tonight after beating uslast night
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Soon we will be #3 after Miami and Seattle we are only 1 game ahead of both Minny and Memphis
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
this @*%@ is %%+!!#@ depressing. We better get back on track this summer and get a nice young core and a possible franchise player and new manageentso we can finally start to win again, or at least play hard every night, because this @*%@ is killing me losing like this and hopin to lose. I mean when iwatch us i cant root against so i get pissed but then im ;ike iight we nned to lose. This @*%@ is getting sad. And also if we cant get on track this summer itsure as hell wont be an time soon afte that considering the other drafts wont be as good as this one and this is the best chance we will get to start freshwith a new management and a new face of our franchise, because not only will the other drafts be not as good we dont have a pick next year either. we need toget rid of Zach and Eddie.. wait for the other contracts to expire. Draft a franchose guy this June, possibly get Artest, and START OVER cause this season hasbeen a disaster and it is depressing hoping to lose!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif

Huge loss last night. We have a good chance of being the 2 seed in the draft lottery... Imagine us getting Beasley! We would still suck, but that would be agreat building block for us.

If I were to be hired to GM the Knicks before the draft, I'd also look to trade for a mid-first rounder and snatch up DJ Augustin.

We can get good again, we just need someone at the helm who is willing to change the makeup of this team drastically. There's a lot of talent in thisdraft, and this could be a huge starting point in turning this franchise around.

Oh boy, I'm getting excited again.
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

ohwell.gif

What else can I do? The Knicks are absolutely horrible, and baseball season hasn't started yet, so all I can do is dream.
laugh.gif

I was watching Memphis play today imagining Derrick Rose in a Knicks jersey. I've become delusional.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
yea the pre season games have become quite redundant, i need something with substance behind it.... i've been on espn.com checkin for the giants'2008 schedule already just for something new to ponder.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

get Artest, and START OVER
Getting Artest at this point would be a step back.

Yes, yes it would.

Anyway.
1. Fire Isiah
2. Draft Rose
3. Tank next year
4. Get another top 3 pick
5. Have an average season, just missing the playoffs
6. Sign LeBron James

Insta-win

Back
Top Bottom