Official New York Giants 2013 Off-Season thread: (2014 schedule on page 87)

When I went last season they had Redzone out in the concession area. When I went to the Eagles game there was probably more people watch the Lions v. Bears game.

you guys snap any photos of the updated "championship" room with all 4 trophies? :pimp:

Yep.

It's tough for me because when you're at a game you pretty much miss all other games as well, football has become such a great TV sport nowadays :lol:

I need to look into some PSL's once though.

Completely agree. Will probably go to 2-3 games a year.

Randle has been showing out so far. Hopefully he develops big time. 3 weapons with Myers and Wilson would be MINT.

Man, I'm ready. Even got on my Tiki Barber jersey today. I got a good feeling about this season...

Did I miss something, what's up with Andre Brown?

Rookie Moore off to 'outstanding' start at Giants training camp

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

Posted: 1:42 PM, July 29, 2013

Robert Nunn, the Giants’ defensive line coach, used the word “outstanding’’ to describe what he’s seen so far from Damontre Moore, a rookie defensive end expected to add some zest to the pass rush.

“That’s a great word,’’ Moore said Monday before his third NFL training camp practice.

The Giants haven’t practiced wearing full pads and so it is difficult and more likely impossible to determine who is ready for what just yet. Moore, though, shows flashes of the get-to-the-quarterback burst he displayed often at Texas A&M. Moore had 26.5 sacks in his three-year college career, including 21 the past two years. The Giants took him in the third round of the NFL Draft and at 6-5 and 250 pounds he’s the sort of slender but quick defensive end that has found much success in the defensive system.

“I want to be well-rounded and try to add a lot of things to my arsenal that way I won’t be a one-trick pony,” said Moore, who is known strictly as a pass-rusher. “That’s all I’ve been labeled as. I’m just trying to go out there and prove a lot of people wrong.”

Nunn certainly came close to gushing about what he’s seen thus far from Moore.

“I think he’s going to give us a lot of versatility, do some different things for us, and I really see him contributing as a rookie,” Nunn said. “He’s got some growing up to do, he’s got to contribute on special teams when he’s called to do so, but the guy is off to an outstanding start.”

There’s a spot on the field waiting for Moore to grasp. Osi Umenyiora is now with the Falcons. Jason Pierre-Paul is on PUP following back surgery and may not be ready for the season opener. Mathias Kiwanuka and Justin Tuck are the starting defensive ends and behind them, Moore is competing primarily with Adrian Tracy and Adewale Ojomo to break into the playing rotation.

One of the knocks on Moore before the draft was that he did not always practice as hard as he plays. Nunn says far he hasn’t seen any sign of a sub-par work ethic.

“He’s got some rookie in him, there’ no doubt, but it’s the good kind of rookie,’’ Nunn said. “He’s one that you’ve got to tell to slow down. You don’t have to tell him to speed up.’’

That’s fine with Moore.

“I’d rather him say, ‘Slow down,’ than ‘Speed up,’ ‘’ Moore said. “I try to keep it on that edge.’’

Last edited:
I love what Reese did this off-season.

Apparently, Moore has shaken those "weaknesses" draft experts aid he has. He's only 20 and has experience chasing down RGIII. :pimp:

Nah man...Tiki will forever be ostracized in the G-MEN community for what happened. The worst way he could have acted.

LB is not a major position. Giants know the deal. We good.

Yea I really feel like the Giants addressed the run defense problems by trying to improve the DLine, not LBs. Canty, Tuck, JPP and Osi did not have good years last year. Hankins and Linval with Cullen Jenkins and Tuck at the ends would be a huge DLine that should hopefully be better at stopping the run. I was surprised when Damontre fell to us in the 3rd, seems like he may be Kiwi or Tucks successor, maybe even after this year possibly depending on how those 2 do and how much money they want.

In terms of keeping players, have a feeling this may be nicks last year here. He can't stay healthy and he's going to get a Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace like contract that we won't match. Maybe we franchise him but idk. Def gonna draft Reuben Randle for FF.

I still worry about Webster and the OLine, but who knows. Not sure I have very high expectations for the year, but I think the teams good enough to get into the playoffs.

Good. We need him back in our secondary. With him and Ross coming back, we should be good. I was getting tired of seeing Webster getting burned last year...

Aaron Ross was pretty wack for us from what I remember. He was OK on blitz schemes but got burnt more than anything. Thomas could be a big impact for us, but he has had like three knee procedures. Not reliable at all.

Terrell Thomas when healthy was a top CB in the league.

Him and Webster were prime reasons we went to the SB in 07

Thomas had that great year when he had over 100 tackles. But gathering 100 tackles when a corner means a combo of WRs are catching a lot of passes and he was a sure tackler in open field. So take it for what it is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom