Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

GITD outsole on the MS574 after a full charge of light.
M57410283.jpg
M57410284.jpg

does anyone ever go .5 up on 997? I just bought these crg's and they fit so tight, but even my nv's are not really 100% comfortable and I'm beginning to think I should just size up. Its only tight because they feel to narrow.

does anyone ever go .5 up on 997? I just bought these crg's and they fit so tight, but even my nv's are not really 100% comfortable and I'm beginning to think I should just size up. Its only tight because they feel to narrow.

Down .5 or TTS for me

I go up a half size in the 997 for the same reason. I wear a 10 in 998, but a 10.5 in the 997.

to add, NVs have a leather liner so they fit half size bigger to me. CRGs should be half size bigger than your NV size.

to add, NVs have a leather liner so they fit half size bigger to me. CRGs should be half size bigger than your NV size.

That makes a lot of sense too. Man I wish i knew that. I only paid $90 for the CRG's and will still rock them (they are comfortable to walk in but really uncomfortable to drive or sit in for some reason...)

Thanks!

Sounds like the 999 Concepts pack will be called Hyannis, but only available at complex con... seem's weird. You know almost nobody at complex con will be wearing NB's.

Last edited:

Have you tried removing the insole or replacing it with a thinner one?

No insole doesn't seem like it would be comfortable on the bottom of my foot.. but it does fit better. Thinking I need a thinner one or just size up

It's not the most comfortable. My 998BESP are a 10.5 and feel a tad small.I wore them without the insole and the fit was better, but one of the stitches was kinda bothering my toe. Wasn't terrible, just kinda annoying. If you chose to take that path of wearing without an insole I would so e tape over the stitches possibly or just buy a thinner insole or wear super thin socks. Also, how many to e shave you worn them? They might still need to kinda break in

Something I realized that might be common sense to others, to expedite stretching, put the shoe trees in socks to make it thicker

I think because the no insoles fit so well maybe I'll throw a pair of ultra boost insoles in (I have two pairs I don't well insoles with...) but with new balance it would definitely not fit right on my foot. Otherwise I might just get another pair of CRG's. I love the burgundy!

Back
Top Bottom