Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I kinda want to post my whole collection but would take a minute to set up
and then having to put everything away.... :x

Haha I was thinking the same thing! However now I'm tempted but will probably post a small batch tonight

These are on the bay as well

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

M990DRK2

Repped- where'd you get these prices if you don't mind me asking?

I actually like both shoes. I really want those 576s but I'm also certain they'll release at other shops. There was a lot of hoopla behind END's 575 collab and those are still available everywhere on discount. I could see these going quicker, though, the 575END was very subtle and minimal in its color scheme but this is much louder and vibrant, the kind of color way that sneakerheads go nuts over. We will see! Good luck to those looking to cop Friday, though!
I hear you on pretty much every point! I am a fool for orange so I'll pay the money...but $165 plus they don't take off the tax, plus the shipping? Man this might be a $220-$240 shoe...Should I wait? If end or Hanon get them they will have better rates or anybody state side? Will this stay a Offspring excusive?

I hear you on pretty much every point! I am a fool for orange so I'll pay the money...but $165 plus they don't take off the tax, plus the shipping? Man this might be a $220-$240 shoe...Should I wait? If end or Hanon get them they will have better rates or anybody state side? Will this stay a Offspring excusive?
I don't think they have said if it is exclusive to Offspring or not. I have to think that they will have a wider release. That's why I'm holding off. If not, you'll be able to get a pair on eBay or FB groups for cheaper than retail from Offspring when re-sellers realize that NB has no resale market anymore. 

I don't think they have said if it is exclusive to Offspring or not. I have to think that they will have a wider release. That's why I'm holding off. If not, you'll be able to get a pair on eBay or FB groups for cheaper than retail from Offspring when re-sellers realize that NB has no resale market anymore. 
Patience is not a virtue of mine
pimp.gif

Mine mine mine!! Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie!!

These are on the bay as well

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

M990DRK2
I'm freaking feeling these. These and the 990BKM2 are the first 990s that have me seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on this model. Hopefully I can find them at a decent price later on.

@mykoh  here are some more pics I dug up off IG:

Last edited:

the suede on Offspring looks kind of crappy
Gonna pull a Grandpa Simpson here...In my day we could go to a shoe store and try them on and see the quality BEFORE we bought anything! zzzzzzzzzzz

roll.gif

I was just saying the other day when I went to the flag ship store and they had the DPHO, Red Clay, surplus pack and 997camo toe that I miss that. I could go check em out and feel em in hand, see em on feet.

End of "Good Old days" the suede has been noted as pig suede so should be fine.

Any word on the time of the drop? They are 5 hours + from ECT

You honestly think Nb has no resell anymore? What makes you say that? Just curious

You honestly think Nb has no resell anymore? What makes you say that? Just curious
It's fairly true.  Only NBs that still hold most value are the older collabs from 2000-2010ish.  Solebox 1500 collabs, Norse670.  Those hold value, but most of the recent NB collabs do not for various reasons (Asian made v. us made).  Tassie Tigers are an outlier. 

Just look at a majority of the past collabs that have dropped from this year. One of the only collabs from this year that had any type of resale value was the tassie tigers. Other than that, most collabs can be had for retail or less at this point. End 575 is on major discount, Concepts 998's can be had for retail or less etc. etc.

Last edited:

It's fairly true.  Only NBs that still hold most value are the older collabs from 2000-2010ish.  Solebox 1500 collabs, Norse670.  Those hold value, but most of the recent NB collabs do not for various reasons (Asian made v. us made).  Tassie Tigers are an outlier. 
Take a look Grand Tourer, Luxury, Rose, Boston City, NYC, Myconos, Cyclades, Premiers, all can be had for under retail. Hype has died and the re sellers have picked the bones clean and the crazy "I need it now" guys like me dry up. Most every GR can be had for 40% off with in 5-12 months.

This is one of the things I like the best about NBs...

Take a look Grand Tourer, Luxury, Rose, Boston City, NYC, Myconos, Cyclades, Premiers, all can be had for under retail. Hype has died and the re sellers have picked the bones clean and the crazy "I need it now" guys like me dry up. Most every GR can be had for 40% off with in 5-12 months.

This is one of the things I like the best about NBs...
Agree with what everyone else said (although @ninjaskills  I think you're wrong when it comes to the Roses - those are still expensive as hell and cannot be had for retail, not new pairs anyway). There are only a handful of collabs released after 2010 that command high resell prices on the market including a few from Concepts (C-Notes, Tanneries, Roses) and maybe some of Ronnie's earlier stuff with NB- but even those pairs people aren't shelling out the kind of money they used to for the prices people are asking. The resell market has moved over largely to Adidas Ultra Boost/NMD/Yeezy train. Even Ronnie Fieg's latest made in Japan Asics stuff dropped super quick in prices on the resell market and can be had for as low as $400-500 depending on the size.

I personally think this is great for NB collectors who just want the shoes to wear. Even better for those of us who are willing to wait for deals down the line.

Lack of resell is good isn't it? Means you can easily get a shoe you actually like for a good price and wear it and be able to live with yourself.

Resellers.....gross

Guys idk why but I ****** up
Never grabbed 997HL when I had the chance
If anyone comes across a size 9 could you let me know?

I'm freaking feeling these. These and the 990BKM2 are the first 990s that have me seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on this model. Hopefully I can find them at a decent price later on.

@mykoh  here are some more pics I dug up off IG:
Thanks for the pics! That shade of deep teal is just delicious.

I'm grabbing them the second i can get even a small discount on them.

Back
Top Bottom