Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Today...

Does the poor quality control only happen to NB1? What about GE and collabs?
I just bought the grand Tourer and its on the way. Afraid that it happens the same.
Anyone bought grand Tourer and has bad quality?

I just bought the grand Tourer and its on the way. Afraid that it happens the same.

It's unfortunately across the board - GR's, NB1 & collabs.

Your best bet is to check the pair in store. Obviously that's not an option on NB1's.

My biggest gripe right now is the 998 toe wrap. Some of the recent pairs look ridiculous. It's definitely been a deterrent for me with purchases over the past year.

To make it even more confusing, recent NBs have a more structured and stiffer toe, because of a piece of plastic i think? But this causes what's been referred to as a toe puff, and changes (negatively IMO) the shape of the 998. For reference:

Sharp pointy toe

VS

Stubby blocky toe

Gotta love that nb quality control. Probably why I haven't bought a pair in months. Overpriced garbage. Sorry nb loyalists but it's the truth

Same here - poor shape is why I stopped buying air max 1s in 2006 - and what let me to NB in the first place...

Last edited:
nothing but a generous offer of returning them with free shipping and a full refund..I'm going to nicely try and get someone else involved and see what happens
Yeah it was pulling teeth to get a refund.  Dude straight had the nerve to say that he would normally give me a refund, but since I've sent back shoes before, he wouldnt give me one.  I told him, you logic is severly flawed.  I said, it is not my fault, that previous pairs that YOUR company shipped out, showed up to me with defects.   Such as a midsole not being glued together properly and another shoe where the suede had some kind of glue or glaze on it that ruined the nap.  After a quick back and forth he finally agreed to refund.  That **** pissed me the **** off.   And he told me to stuff the shoes with socks or shoe trees overnight to fix the issue lol.  I told him, I've got NB shoes that have slight wrinkles thats been stuffed with shoe trees for months and it doesnt go away.  Dudes will say anything to not take shoes back. 

Last edited:
I shouldn't have checked this thread. Since HTB are now available in my size. I'm going to have to scoop them up. Passed on them originally and kind of regretted it.

Also, mykoh mykoh I'm way jelly of those concrete jungles. They look fantastic in your shot!

577 Napes, toe shape on this particular pair is terrible, the other colorway I have is superior in regards to shape and quality control. 

@mykoh   This is the piece that kills the shape on the newer 998s.  It's some type of synthetic material.  My older pairs have that material, such as the 998GR (grey/burgundy).  However with that older pair, that piece is much more pliable and it's set correctly.  The newer shoes it's more pronounced and sometimes feels like cardboard.  

ahh i need them nighthawks and concrete jungles, hurts every time i look at them. only person on ebay with a 9.5 in jungles wants $275 and they are outlet/b grades with minor flaw. fingers crossed one  day i will find both.

NEEEED some 997DGM's, but I don't need them badly enough to pay over 2 bills. I've found them for much less, but never in my size 11. Anyone have any advice or knowledge to share? Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom