Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

QFT...haven't even seen any pop up on feebay yet
my friend actually went to japan last week and said she will be near the stussy store. they're probably sold out by now, but i have my fingers crossed. did undftd ever get them in?

Last edited:
Well at least it is confirmed that theyre coming to the US eventually. I love the 996 but they havent really dropped too many colorways that I am fond of. The denim blues are probably my favorite NB of this year, and the OG greys are classic. But besides that, there wasn't much I liked. The two other grey colorways were really plain, and I didnt really like the Atmos.  Hopefully they give the 996 more love in 2013. 
the denim blues were another pair that were available in japan for the longest time and i know a few people that assumed it was a jp exclusive so they paid a premium and ordered overseas. eventually they released here, but they had it way ahead of time so in their mind it was not a bad trade off. i got so many pairs of other stuff to wear though i dont mind waiting at all.
usa mades and asian mades, including the 996 are night and day. it would really have to blow me away to deal with the weirder shapes. not that into the leathers either, mainly suede, so those atmos did nothing for me, as welll as other usa made all-leathers that have released overseas. if you do like all leather you may want to check those out, or there are actually a lot of asian made 996s out there if the shape doesnt bother you, they have a cheaper retail than the made in usas too.

Went and picked up my Face Off 3's from the post office today. Order through rakuten from Atmos. Overall pretty satisfied with them. Materials are a little different than I thought they would be according to pics. They also run big for sure. I got my true size (9.5) and they are pretty big on me. Out of the 15 or so pairs of NB I own, I have a 9.5 in every single pair. I like my shoes a little roomy but these run bigger than any other pair I own. This is my first pair of 996's though, so that could have something to do with it. I might try for a 9 from SNS now, we will see. 

Anyways, snapped some pics for anyone interested.

Just threw them on feet real quick, just chillen' around the house in my sweats 
laugh.gif

dang look at that toebox, awful lol. the asian mades tend to run a tad smaller too, so that's surprising they fit so much bigger for you. maybe it's the materials. you shouldve added the flash pictures so people interested could see the 3m. im curious to see how the N looks with the sunlight/UV effect too if you dont mind taking them outside real quick. im not interested in buying though so no need to do me any favors. i was just wondering how deep of a purple the color would change.

the denim blues were another pair that were available in japan for the longest time and i know a few people that assumed it was a jp exclusive so they paid a premium and ordered overseas. eventually they released here, but they had it way ahead of time so in their mind it was not a bad trade off. i got so many pairs of other stuff to wear though i dont mind waiting at all.
usa mades and asian mades, including the 996 are night and day. it would really have to blow me away to deal with the weirder shapes. not that into the leathers either, mainly suede, so those atmos did nothing for me, as welll as other usa made all-leathers that have released overseas. if you do like all leather you may want to check those out, or there are actually a lot of asian made 996s out there if the shape doesnt bother you, they have a cheaper retail than the made in usas too.
Thats what makes the 996 so awesome is the shape/quality, So the made in asia ones dont really do it to for me. I guess ill just hold off until more suede made in USAs come here. 

On another note, these are all of the NBs that made my top 12 of 2012 list. 

Lmao who's being secretive? I haven't checked this thread since I posted pics. They were painted by a friend.

Lmao who's being secretive? I haven't checked this thread since I posted pics. They were painted by a friend.
You are if you're the same one posting multiple NB's with dyed mesh and multiple people asking "how to".... But you don't check here often  
grin.gif

hahah just messing with you, be easy fam

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! Buy what you want, rock what you got, wear it however you want, nothing deadstock. :D

Those are great looking. I just ordered my 996 Denims from Packers, they will be my first ones. People say they are the most comfortable ones. They need to make them customizable on New Balance.

Back
Top Bottom