Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

997 gy or 997 gy2 for you guys ?
I think gy2 midsole will turn beige then yellow overtime and gy doesn't have that problem
I like the GY's more because of the potentially unpopular opinion that I prefer the half grey midsole.  997 sometimes looks overly chunky I think and the grey on the midsole helps to tone that down IMO.

I like the GY's more because of the potentially unpopular opinion that I prefer the half grey midsole.  997 sometimes looks overly chunky I think and the grey on the midsole helps to tone that down IMO.

Agree with you and that half grey midsole will prevent midsole yellowing over the years

I still want to see some side by side GY vs GY2 comparison pics. Surely someone out there has both pairs. 

I still want to see some side by side GY vs GY2 comparison pics. Surely someone out there has both pairs. 
I posted some the other day from Thomas Lindie's IG and Wordpress:

https://instagram.com/thomaslindie/

https://thomaslindie.wordpress.com/

The grey midsole on the 997GY makes the shape look better to me. It's probably an illusion or something, but still. 
Yeah as another dude said as well as myself, the half grey midsole does give the appearance of a slimmer shoe.

Last edited:

went to go order a custom 998 with perf toe and noticed alot of sizes missing, including the 9.5 i needed 
mean.gif
.   My true size is a 10 and thats there, but I already have a pair of 998s in a 9.5 and they fit perfect, so im hesitant to order a 10.  Have sizes come and gone in the past?

went to go order a custom 998 with perf toe and noticed alot of sizes missing, including the 9.5 i needed 
mean.gif
.   My true size is a 10 and thats there, but I already have a pair of 998s in a 9.5 and they fit perfect, so im hesitant to order a 10.  Have sizes come and gone in the past?
They have to come back at some point. No idea how long it will take though.

They have to come back at some point. No idea how long it will take though.
yeah i'll probably wait a little bit and see if it comes back.  too bad their return policy isnt like nikes.  I would order the 10, then if the 9.5 became available, just return it

150 shipped ds 997nv and 180 shipped ds 997gy good deals? Looking to buy both from a reputable seller on one of the facebook groups.

How long had y'all to wait for a shipping confirmation of your nb1? It's now my 9th day, still nothing... Can't wait to see how they turned out... :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom