Official NBA2K12 Thread Vol: CODE FOR JORDAN SHOES IS..........23

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

17914.jpg

And also from USAToday.com, they had info about the "Creating a Legend" Mode:

During the season, players can compete in an extensive series of drills
to bolster their abilities and fast track them to star status. This same
structure applies to Creating a Legend mode, which is the same as My
Player, only you can control any current NBA player. So, if you're a
Blake Griffin fan, you can help guide him toward a Hall of Fame future.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/09/preview-hands-on-with-nba-2k12/1

Needless to say, I will be making sure my man Andris Biedrins gets his Hall of Fame spot
laugh.gif

Where did you get the last name on his jersey from?

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

17914.jpg

And also from USAToday.com, they had info about the "Creating a Legend" Mode:

During the season, players can compete in an extensive series of drills
to bolster their abilities and fast track them to star status. This same
structure applies to Creating a Legend mode, which is the same as My
Player, only you can control any current NBA player. So, if you're a
Blake Griffin fan, you can help guide him toward a Hall of Fame future.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/09/preview-hands-on-with-nba-2k12/1

Needless to say, I will be making sure my man Andris Biedrins gets his Hall of Fame spot
laugh.gif

Where did you get the last name on his jersey from?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Freeze

they need to make a full bball game, let you start in hs. building hype on some lebron steeze. then either try and go to the league or hit ncaa, go hard there they enter into the draft. @@$* would be addictive.

Yea. This would be nuts.

I couldve sworn EA did this years ago...

You take your player(s) from whichever NCAA game was out that year, play a collegiate season or more... then upload that player from the memory card to the respective NBA Live Series game of that year...

They even showed your player getting drafted and all that... I think this was for NCAA and NBA Live 2004...

Anyway,

I'm just anxious to play with the classic Magic and Hornets teams on this years installment...
pimp.gif

Edit:

You could upload an entire draft class, not just players... Pardon.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by Freeze

they need to make a full bball game, let you start in hs. building hype on some lebron steeze. then either try and go to the league or hit ncaa, go hard there they enter into the draft. @@$* would be addictive.

Yea. This would be nuts.

I couldve sworn EA did this years ago...

You take your player(s) from whichever NCAA game was out that year, play a collegiate season or more... then upload that player from the memory card to the respective NBA Live Series game of that year...

They even showed your player getting drafted and all that... I think this was for NCAA and NBA Live 2004...

Anyway,

I'm just anxious to play with the classic Magic and Hornets teams on this years installment...
pimp.gif

Edit:

You could upload an entire draft class, not just players... Pardon.

17931.jpg

My Player Career of @Ronnie2K - Write your own Hall of Fame Speech: After 17 years, Ronnie calls it quits. He decides to thank his supporters and teammates over the years (instead of talking about his endorsements, swagger, boys), mentioning his start with the Minnesota Timberwolves and being moved to the New York Knicks to eventually claim his first (alongside Carmelo/Amare) NBA Championship that propelled him to the Hall.

17931.jpg

My Player Career of @Ronnie2K - Write your own Hall of Fame Speech: After 17 years, Ronnie calls it quits. He decides to thank his supporters and teammates over the years (instead of talking about his endorsements, swagger, boys), mentioning his start with the Minnesota Timberwolves and being moved to the New York Knicks to eventually claim his first (alongside Carmelo/Amare) NBA Championship that propelled him to the Hall.

Hi everyone!

Erick Boenisch, Producer for NBA 2K12, back again.  I know you’ve all been waiting to hear what’s new in My Player this year, and I’m pleased to tell you that we have a LOT going on.  All of our improvements stem from the ideas that you, our fans, have brought forward to us.  With your help, I feel that we have collectively developed the single best career mode in sports video gaming.  With that being said, let’s check out what’s new…

Rookie Showcase + Pre-Draft Interviews

The road to the NBA is a lot different than what you encountered in 2K11.  Gone are the monotonous Draft Combine and Summer League games.  This year, you are immediately thrust into the Rookie Showcase upon creating your player.  Taking place in the historic Madison Square Garden, the Rookie Showcase is an exhibition featuring all of the top prospects in the draft competing against each other.  The Rookie Showcase is a big event; every scout and GM in the league will be on-hand to assess your performance.  Your play in this game plays a significant role in where you get drafted in the NBA Draft.

While your performance does indeed play a significant role in where you get drafted, it doesn’t play the ONLY role.  Our first new feature this year, and one of my favorites, is Pre-Draft Interviews.  After the Rookie Showcase game is over, a number of GMs will come visit you in the locker room for a sequence of interviews. 

Click here for high resolution

The Bobcats have expressed a strong interest in what I can bring to the table.  The question is, am I interested in taking my talents to Charlotte?  I’m letting them know right now…

Each GM will ask you a couple of unique questions.  Their questions are going to be very specific to the current makeup of their team with respect to your chosen position.  For example, if you are a point guard and the Bulls choose to interview you, they are likely going to tell you that Derrick Rose is their guy and they are only looking for some energy off the bench.  Are you comfortable with that role?  If you’re not, be honest and tell them.  Or don’t.  The choice is ultimately yours.  How you answer these questions definitely plays a big role in where you end up getting drafted.  If your answers are music to the ears of the GMs, word will spread that you are an easy going personality who would gel with just about any team.  On the other hand, if you answer negatively or arrogantly to all of the questions, teams will start to develop character concerns that could cause you to plummet in the draft.  The important thing is to be honest and let them know how you really feel.

2011 NBA Draft

So you played your heart out in the Rookie Showcase and answered every Pre-Draft Interview question to the best of your ability.  Your hard work is about to pay off, it’s draft day!  Upon entering the draft room, you’ll be met by another new feature this year, the Mock Draft.

Ronnie played so-so in the Rookie Showcase, but the scouts weren’t wild about his answers during the Pre-Draft Interviews.  In fact, one of his listed weaknesses is, “Scouts say he is delusional about his own abilities.

Hi everyone!

Erick Boenisch, Producer for NBA 2K12, back again.  I know you’ve all been waiting to hear what’s new in My Player this year, and I’m pleased to tell you that we have a LOT going on.  All of our improvements stem from the ideas that you, our fans, have brought forward to us.  With your help, I feel that we have collectively developed the single best career mode in sports video gaming.  With that being said, let’s check out what’s new…

Rookie Showcase + Pre-Draft Interviews

The road to the NBA is a lot different than what you encountered in 2K11.  Gone are the monotonous Draft Combine and Summer League games.  This year, you are immediately thrust into the Rookie Showcase upon creating your player.  Taking place in the historic Madison Square Garden, the Rookie Showcase is an exhibition featuring all of the top prospects in the draft competing against each other.  The Rookie Showcase is a big event; every scout and GM in the league will be on-hand to assess your performance.  Your play in this game plays a significant role in where you get drafted in the NBA Draft.

While your performance does indeed play a significant role in where you get drafted, it doesn’t play the ONLY role.  Our first new feature this year, and one of my favorites, is Pre-Draft Interviews.  After the Rookie Showcase game is over, a number of GMs will come visit you in the locker room for a sequence of interviews. 

The Bobcats have expressed a strong interest in what I can bring to the table.  The question is, am I interested in taking my talents to Charlotte?  I’m letting them know right now…

Each GM will ask you a couple of unique questions.  Their questions are going to be very specific to the current makeup of their team with respect to your chosen position.  For example, if you are a point guard and the Bulls choose to interview you, they are likely going to tell you that Derrick Rose is their guy and they are only looking for some energy off the bench.  Are you comfortable with that role?  If you’re not, be honest and tell them.  Or don’t.  The choice is ultimately yours.  How you answer these questions definitely plays a big role in where you end up getting drafted.  If your answers are music to the ears of the GMs, word will spread that you are an easy going personality who would gel with just about any team.  On the other hand, if you answer negatively or arrogantly to all of the questions, teams will start to develop character concerns that could cause you to plummet in the draft.  The important thing is to be honest and let them know how you really feel.

2011 NBA Draft

So you played your heart out in the Rookie Showcase and answered every Pre-Draft Interview question to the best of your ability.  Your hard work is about to pay off, it’s draft day!  Upon entering the draft room, you’ll be met by another new feature this year, the Mock Draft.

Ronnie played so-so in the Rookie Showcase, but the scouts weren’t wild about his answers during the Pre-Draft Interviews.  In fact, one of his listed weaknesses is, “Scouts say he is delusional about his own abilities.

New Screenshots:

Spoiler [+]
1315585457-media.jpg

1315585455-media.jpg

1315585451-media.jpg
1315585453-media.jpg

New Screenshots:

Spoiler [+]
1315585457-media.jpg

1315585455-media.jpg

1315585451-media.jpg
1315585453-media.jpg

When it comes to controlling the career of the player NBA The Life did it the best, there were storylines and other off the court things you had to go through as a player. I'd like to see 2K adopt something similar in the future.

When it comes to controlling the career of the player NBA The Life did it the best, there were storylines and other off the court things you had to go through as a player. I'd like to see 2K adopt something similar in the future.

The improvements to My Player sound promising.

Might actually give that mode a try this year, of course I said the same thing with 2k11.
laugh.gif

The improvements to My Player sound promising.

Might actually give that mode a try this year, of course I said the same thing with 2k11.
laugh.gif

anyone know any pre-order deals? i want to get them classic teams that need the unique code.

anyone know any pre-order deals? i want to get them classic teams that need the unique code.

Back
Top Bottom