Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

Originally Posted by presequel

Rumor out of ESPN Radio 850 WKNR is that the Cavs are trying to bring in Shawn Marion in a 3 team deal with Memphis and Miami...

��
eek.gif

And once again, welcome Bobby Jackson to the T-Mac led Rockets!

laugh.gif

Great deal for the Hornets, i dont know what the Rockets are thinking except they want to get rid of Mike James. Bonzi is gonna do his thing playing with areal PG

Originally Posted by jmause3

Great deal for the Hornets, i dont know what the Rockets are thinking except they want to get rid of Mike James. Bonzi is gonna do his thing playing with a real PG
That right there is a true story.

Bonzi is about to do his thing with CP3

I don't really understand why the Heat would ship Marion. They aren't going to get a whole lot for him, especially if it's only the Grizz and theCavs involved. Why not just keep the guy and see what he brings?

Miami is stupid. I sense a Pat Riley retirement coming.
laugh.gif

Holy shnikeys.....JO or Marion to the Cavs would not only give them credibility, but also a great chance at beating DET!

Originally Posted by CP1708

I don't really understand why the Heat would ship Marion. They aren't going to get a whole lot for him, especially if it's only the Grizz and the Cavs involved. Why not just keep the guy and see what he brings?

laugh.gif

Problem is signing him to a max deal, I gues.

I'm not sure what I even think about the Cavs trying to acquire Marion. It'd be interesting, that's for sure. Just ran something through trade machine, and it makes no sense for the Grizz, but it would for the Heat, I think.

Perhaps a deal that makes more sense than my own?

Grizz get: Marion
Cavs get: Miller and Lowry
Heat get: Gooden, Newble, Brown and a first-round pick

I guess that appears to NOT work under the cap though.

Originally Posted by franchise3

I don't really understand why the Heat would ship Marion. They aren't going to get a whole lot for him, especially if it's only the Grizz and the Cavs involved. Why not just keep the guy and see what he brings?

laugh.gif

Who the hell else they gotta pay? Wade and scrubs equal 20 mil. Give Marion his 16 and have two viable players. I mean come on. They rather pay DrewGoodem, or Jason Williams, or whoever else they get in the deal rather then Marion? Makes no sense to me. But what do I know?
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif

Who the hell else they gotta pay? Wade and scrubs equal 20 mil. Give Marion his 16 and have two viable players. I mean come on. They rather pay Drew Goodem, or Jason Williams, or whoever else they get in the deal rather then Marion? Makes no sense to me. But what do I know?
embarassed.gif

I feel you man.

Marion is that dude and paired up with DWade, that's solid duo right there.

Plus it gives you an uptempo type team you can run.

Marion said that he was in Miami for the long haul, but if he was to opt out for any reason, how much money can he really expect to get this summer. Son isalready getting 16.5, and Miami is going to be significantly improved b next season, it doesn't make sense for either side to have him leave. Miami back inthe playoffs next year, I almost guarantee it.

The dark horse in the Artest discussions may be the Suns. According to two league sources, the Suns have some interest in Artest. The team feels like they need to replace Shawn Marion's perimeter defense, and Artest would fit the bill. His ability to guard four positions makes him coveted, despite the concerns about his personality. ESPN.com

A source, though, said Denver is very much in the mix for Seattle guard Delonte West. Another guard possibly available is the Clippers' Sam Cassell. The Nuggets have looked at Memphis guard Kyle Lowry, but agent Andy Miller said his client is "staying put." A source said Memphis also doesn't plan to deal Mike Miller, who's been linked to Denver. Rocky Mountain News

Two league sources said the Cavs' front office is mulling over a blockbuster trade ahead of today's trading deadline. It is a complex deal, because for it to make sense, a second complimentary trade would probably need to be accomplished, too. Akron Beacon Journal

This potential deal is not part of the Cavs' pursuit of Memphis Grizzlies shooting guard Mike Miller. The Cavs have made offers to the Grizzlies for Miller, but a league source indicated Wednesday that the Grizzlies were leaning toward not trading Miller based on the offers they'd received. Akron Beacon Journal

The overall chances of a "blockbuster deal" - and boy has that term been devalued a little in the NBA over the last couple weeks - are still less than 50/50 in my opinion. As a Cavs fan what you need to know is that the front office is honestly looking at trying to make a deal to improve the team. That is the real reason why I decided to write the story about them considering a major deal. Akron Beacon Journal

I guess I understand why Houston made traded for Bobby Jackson since they need a backup PG but losing Bonzi is going to hurt them. I hope that Bonzi Wells +Mike James for Bobby Jackson trade doesn't work out for Houston and the Warriors can pass them up in the standings
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I guess I understand why Houston made traded for Bobby Jackson since they need a backup PG but losing Bonzi is going to hurt them. I hope that Bonzi Wells + Mike James for Bobby Jackson trade doesn't work out for Houston and the Warriors can pass them up in the standings
happy.gif
Ban

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I guess I understand why Houston made traded for Bobby Jackson since they need a backup PG but losing Bonzi is going to hurt them. I hope that Bonzi Wells + Mike James for Bobby Jackson trade doesn't work out for Houston and the Warriors can pass them up in the standings
happy.gif

alien.gif

Ryan, Chicago: Please tell me Ben Wallace is on the move

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:24 PM ET ) Maybe ... call was about Ben Wallace in a possible deal with the Cavs. I've got to stress that it was from what I'd call a third party source ... not someone directly involved in the negotiations. So ... take it with a grain of salt ... but interesting ...

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:25 PM ET ) The deal as I heard it ... by the way ... had Drew Gooden, Ira Newble, Shannon Brown and Cederic Simmons coming back to Chicago.

I think there would be more than just Chicago and the Cavs in on something like this. What he's talking about may be part of this rumored"blockbuster" deal that we keep hearing about.

Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

That deal would all but assure the Cavs won't break 80 the rest of the season.
True story.

The Cavs don't need defense.

They're actually pretty good on it.

What they need is somebody who can create their own shot/score to help out Lebron

What they need is somebody who can create their own shot/score to help out Lebron

True. I'm too lazy to see what may, or may not, work but someone should use these trade checkers to see how Memphis could get involved with Cardinal andMiller with a deal like this.

sn2.gif
Chad Ford: (1:35 PM ET ) Hold another second ... another call

Eh, Knew Bonzi was going to be used as trade bait, but for Bobby Jackson
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

Should have kept going after Andre Miller

Back
Top Bottom