Official NBA Trade Deadline Thread PAGE 1 UPDATES IF YOU MISSED ANYTHING

Bill Simmons is a fool
laugh.gif

Those Knick moves that he's talking about make too much sense to happen

^
laugh.gif
Although I shouldn't laugh until the Cavs actually do something.

I really don't see us getting JO, even though he's on the block and its been talked about. Then again, we've seen Danny Ferry make moves forinjury-prone high-paid players before...

new orleans got the better of the trade!they acquired the offensive rebounding juggernaut in the mold of Bonzi Wells!

that deal sucks for the Rockets and is great for the Hornets
laugh.gif
smh.gif

why do the Rockets do this deal? it doesn't make sense.

Bonzi can really help the Hornets. I don't like it.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Bobby Jackson isn't trash you know, he's still relatively young, and he's a former Sixth man of the year, one of the most dangerous players off the bench for Sacramento back in the days.
key word is back in the days. hes washed up now... my guess as to why houston did this trade is because maybe rick adelman and bobby jackson use to besecret lovers?
laugh.gif

as for the cleveland thing, not many of those players listed would dramatically alter the east. its gotta be JO.

if hughes would get his head out his !%# most of the time that would be a solid line up.

Z
JO
Lebron
Hughes
Tinsley

then again, they said a one for one swap so how in the hell it can be an east altering trade unless it involves Lebron going to another team?
laugh.gif

JO

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Anybody wanna make me an offer for Ben Wallace??

ohwell.gif

A bag of half eaten Lays, of the Original kind
smile.gif
alien.gif
Ill trade you a broken sidekick 1 (black and white version) and a handfull of stale cheerios....Im gunna need more in return tho maybe paxsons soul?

I don't get that Rockets trade at all. Obviously Rick liked Bobby Jackson, but Bonzi was playing so well and scoring at will in the post. If anything, Iwould've looked into trading TMac who desperately needs to be moved and has more value. He gives the absolute worst nightly effort in the league.
laugh.gif

That Bonzi trade makes no sense....kinda mad at it....Now i hope they try to get Artest or Miller now because i don't see how this helps our team.

I just woke up and I come to find out mu horrible dream abt rockets trading bonzi for bobby isn't a dream at all

New Orleans just pulled off the biggest fleece of the year,besides when the lakers got gasol...

I love it!now we have bench depth and are primed for that playoff run..

CP3
Mo Pete
Peja
D west
Tyson

Bench:

Bonzi
Mike James
Pargo
Butler
Melvin ely
Bonner
Hilton Armstrong

That's a STRONG lineup to compete with the suns,lakers,spurs,and celtics

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
@ the Hornets

James is a chuck tho...Wells gives them a SG/SF and a decent low post scorer to compliment Peja...

Mike James is a CERTIFIED HAM. Dude is equivalent to the ends of the bread that you peeled off before you eat your sandwich. Get his locker AS FAR AWAY from CPas possible (like maybe the visiting team locker room during home games). I can take Bonzi ways cause come playoff time that dude is a match-up NIGHTMARE. Buti'll be damn if Mike James takes more shots than Pargo or if Mike James is in the game during the quarters of 1st, 3rd, and 4th....

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Mike James is a CERTIFIED HAM. Dude is equivalent to the ends of the bread that you peeled off before you eat your sandwich. Get his locker AS FAR AWAY from CP as possible (like maybe the visiting team locker room during home games). I can take Bonzi ways cause come playoff time that dude is a match-up NIGHTMARE. But i'll be damn if Mike James takes more shots than Pargo or if Mike James is in the game during the quarters of 1st, 3rd, and 4th....

roll.gif
roll.gif
.. I don't think he'll last in NO really.. This dude is going to jackuntil he hits, and by that time it'll be the fourth quarter.. This dude has been rotting on the bench and fell out of favor quick during the first twomonths of the season.. and not to mention he still has 12 mill left on his contract.. Nobody else is going to want him, not even Toronto.. and I agree, Bonzicreates a lot of matchup problems in the post, which gives our shooters the space it needs to knock down the J..

Good move regarding we only gave away Bobby Jax, and two guys who never see the court..

and he's a cancer....i think CP and Co'll let him know who's team it is....dude is a streak scorer and with that comes lack of conscience.......

Bad trade Houston. Mike James can give some good advice in SLAM Mag, but his problem is, he never met a shot he didn't like.

I'm happy for Gawen D'Angelo Wells though. At least we'll see him in the postseason.

Houston: This has to be a precursor to another trade today. I don't see the benefit here. Before the season started and the Rockets aquired Mike James, Iwas touting him as Rick Adelman's version of "Bobby Jackson." Only to find out this year, like some dude said, he is a certified ham (
laugh.gif
).Bobby Jackson = Mike James really. They're basically the same player. I guess they just wanted to unload Jame's contract. The price they pay though isgiving up Wells, who helps in the low post. The ONLY reason I think the Rockets made this deal is because they thought he was expendable since the emergence ofCarl Landry, who is
pimp.gif
by the way. There has to be another move on the horizon...

New Orleans: People have questions about that bench that New Orleans has but now they aquire Bonzi who is very servicable and if all else fails, his contractis up after this year. They can basically rent him for half a season/playoffs, then decide what to do. Mike James is a bum, but he's no different thanBobby Jackson. G's who chuck up shots. Instant offense, for better or for worse.

Rumor out of ESPN Radio 850 WKNR is that the Cavs are trying to bring in Shawn Marion in a 3 team deal with Memphis and Miami...

GMs: Miami Shopping Marion
February 21, 2008 - 11:23 am
Philadelphia Daily News -
In regards to the reported Cleveland blockbuster trade, David Aldridge writes that the Grizzlies and Heat are said to be involved.

Aldridge was told by six GMs during All-Star weekend that the Heat were actively shopping Shawn Marion.

Back
Top Bottom