Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Kobe and T-Mac in China.
pimp.gif

http://www.tmac-china.com...Ambassador_to_China.html
laugh.gif

abovelegit1 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I'm almost certain some sort of insurance policy will be taken just in case?

Dude has already gotten paid a lot of money, but I'm sure an insurance plan will cover any bases/injuries. I wonder how much they're gonna pay him ?

I could care less about insurance.  I don't even care about the damn players, I care about the teams.  If one of them guys gets tore up out there, during non season time (offseason or lockout, whichever) that team is screwed whenever the season is ready to begin.  Insurance don't mean @#$% to me. 

They could get seriously hurt just doing regular off-season conditioning. If they want to play competitively and get paid doing it then by all means they should. They don't owe anyone @%@%.

I Concur.

abovelegit1 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

I'm almost certain some sort of insurance policy will be taken just in case?

Dude has already gotten paid a lot of money, but I'm sure an insurance plan will cover any bases/injuries. I wonder how much they're gonna pay him ?

I could care less about insurance.  I don't even care about the damn players, I care about the teams.  If one of them guys gets tore up out there, during non season time (offseason or lockout, whichever) that team is screwed whenever the season is ready to begin.  Insurance don't mean @#$% to me. 

They could get seriously hurt just doing regular off-season conditioning. If they want to play competitively and get paid doing it then by all means they should. They don't owe anyone @%@%.

I Concur.

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by NobleKane

cant all the nba players just get together and start their own league? and like televise their games on court tv?
laugh.gif

"with the first pick of the 1st annual All Pro Basketball League draft the Anaheim Arrows select.....Lebron James..."
i'm all for it. "the Atlanta Dopeboys select Blake Griffin"

and if guys are going to be playing overseas, someone please get me a live feed. its been a long summer already w/o basketball

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by NobleKane

cant all the nba players just get together and start their own league? and like televise their games on court tv?
laugh.gif

"with the first pick of the 1st annual All Pro Basketball League draft the Anaheim Arrows select.....Lebron James..."
i'm all for it. "the Atlanta Dopeboys select Blake Griffin"

and if guys are going to be playing overseas, someone please get me a live feed. its been a long summer already w/o basketball

roll.gif

pimp.gif

This is the players trump card. Of course there's reasons why they shouldn't, but there's many more reasons why they should go. If this continues and say the top 10-15 players end up signing, or even entertain going overseas, Stern and the owners are gonna #%** bricks. They cannot afford to lose their stars.

Obviously there isn't room for everybody to join and some of the Euro leagues probably have financial problems themselves, but the top players can go and get paid by the teams with the owners with the biggest pockets. Add to that in this day an age of social networking and 24/7 sports media, somebody is gonna get those games televised stateside. Their will probably be streams as well. Word will be spread and we'll have stats and highlights in no time.

Besides starting their own league (which I think has little feasibility) this jump to overseas and a little patience might be their strongest move.

pimp.gif

This is the players trump card. Of course there's reasons why they shouldn't, but there's many more reasons why they should go. If this continues and say the top 10-15 players end up signing, or even entertain going overseas, Stern and the owners are gonna #%** bricks. They cannot afford to lose their stars.

Obviously there isn't room for everybody to join and some of the Euro leagues probably have financial problems themselves, but the top players can go and get paid by the teams with the owners with the biggest pockets. Add to that in this day an age of social networking and 24/7 sports media, somebody is gonna get those games televised stateside. Their will probably be streams as well. Word will be spread and we'll have stats and highlights in no time.

Besides starting their own league (which I think has little feasibility) this jump to overseas and a little patience might be their strongest move.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I think CP would prefer all NBA players go the Shaq route in the offseason.
No, absolutely not at all.  I want these lazy fools to work on their damn games, not eatin twinkies on the sofa. 

Difference is workin the way they need there is less chance to roll an ankle, blow a knee, etc etc, than playing actual live games overseas. 

You blow a knee workin out in your gym, ok, @#$% happens, sucks for team X.  You get couple hundred grand to go play a bunch of guys that would love to be the guy to dunk on NBA star X, or block NBA star X's shot, or rebound over a dudes back, etc etc and THAT folds a guy up, @#$% that noise.  You messin with franchises now. 

Let's see one of them get hurt and then see how the reactions play out.  It'll be quite the show. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I think CP would prefer all NBA players go the Shaq route in the offseason.
No, absolutely not at all.  I want these lazy fools to work on their damn games, not eatin twinkies on the sofa. 

Difference is workin the way they need there is less chance to roll an ankle, blow a knee, etc etc, than playing actual live games overseas. 

You blow a knee workin out in your gym, ok, @#$% happens, sucks for team X.  You get couple hundred grand to go play a bunch of guys that would love to be the guy to dunk on NBA star X, or block NBA star X's shot, or rebound over a dudes back, etc etc and THAT folds a guy up, @#$% that noise.  You messin with franchises now. 

Let's see one of them get hurt and then see how the reactions play out.  It'll be quite the show. 

Yeah I'm sure Deron doesn't want to get hurt but, in his case, he shouldn't be worried about his contract getting voided since it will only hasten free agency.

The main thing to fear is a career-ending injury.

Yeah I'm sure Deron doesn't want to get hurt but, in his case, he shouldn't be worried about his contract getting voided since it will only hasten free agency.

The main thing to fear is a career-ending injury.

Im sure Deron talked to BK and Avery about this when they met just before the lockout. There's prolly a plethora of legal to get through. though.

As a Nets fan all hope for is healthy Deron once the lockout is over, if he goes.

Deron should take Outlaw with him too. Just dont bring him back though lol

Im sure Deron talked to BK and Avery about this when they met just before the lockout. There's prolly a plethora of legal to get through. though.

As a Nets fan all hope for is healthy Deron once the lockout is over, if he goes.

Deron should take Outlaw with him too. Just dont bring him back though lol

Back
Top Bottom