Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Kind of surprised D-Will didn't head to Russia given the Prokhorov connection.

But maybe this Turkish club offered more than any other club would.

Kind of surprised D-Will didn't head to Russia given the Prokhorov connection.

But maybe this Turkish club offered more than any other club would.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

I'm pretty confident Kobe would go to Italy if he permanently went over.
I think I've seen a quote him say he would once his career starts to wind down.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

I'm pretty confident Kobe would go to Italy if he permanently went over.
I think I've seen a quote him say he would once his career starts to wind down.

Originally Posted by DubA169

do you guys think this could backfire though? deron playing for like 2 million dollars then the owners are like, welp you only got 2 mil in europe why should we give yall 20?
No. 

And yeah, I'd think Kobe would go to Italy before China (based on his personal preference) , but if Nike gets involved then I can see him heading to China.

Originally Posted by DubA169

do you guys think this could backfire though? deron playing for like 2 million dollars then the owners are like, welp you only got 2 mil in europe why should we give yall 20?
No. 

And yeah, I'd think Kobe would go to Italy before China (based on his personal preference) , but if Nike gets involved then I can see him heading to China.

^I still can't believe Nike forced Coach K and the rest of the USA staff to take on Lebron on that 08 squad... would have been interesting to see the team without Lebron tho
ohwell.gif

^I still can't believe Nike forced Coach K and the rest of the USA staff to take on Lebron on that 08 squad... would have been interesting to see the team without Lebron tho
ohwell.gif

DWill still has some hurtles he has to get over for this happen too that has been reported. Clearance from FIBA (I'm sure it will happen but he is still under contract (Techically) to an NBA team.

I think the Nets were made aware of this last week when King, Avery Johnson, and DWill went golfing. Also the insurance issue as well. if he has a career ending injury. Minor things but like I said before, good for him. Am not worried from a Nets fan perspective. He wants to play ball. PERIOD. Hope others will follow.

DWill still has some hurtles he has to get over for this happen too that has been reported. Clearance from FIBA (I'm sure it will happen but he is still under contract (Techically) to an NBA team.

I think the Nets were made aware of this last week when King, Avery Johnson, and DWill went golfing. Also the insurance issue as well. if he has a career ending injury. Minor things but like I said before, good for him. Am not worried from a Nets fan perspective. He wants to play ball. PERIOD. Hope others will follow.

Players playing overseas is an excellent plan. The owners will fight this though.

Players playing overseas is an excellent plan. The owners will fight this though.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

ohwell.gif

They also went to LeBron and told him that he could very well be left off of this team if he didn't cut the ++%+, and he cut the ++%+
laugh.gif
  Basically they Let their nuts hang on the entire situation.  The Power of the Swoosh
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

ohwell.gif

They also went to LeBron and told him that he could very well be left off of this team if he didn't cut the ++%+, and he cut the ++%+
laugh.gif
  Basically they Let their nuts hang on the entire situation.  The Power of the Swoosh
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

cant all the nba players just get together and start their own league? and like televise their games on court tv?
laugh.gif

"with the first pick of the 1st annual All Pro Basketball League draft the Anaheim Arrows select.....Lebron James..."

cant all the nba players just get together and start their own league? and like televise their games on court tv?
laugh.gif

"with the first pick of the 1st annual All Pro Basketball League draft the Anaheim Arrows select.....Lebron James..."

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

i'm all for it. "the Atlanta Dopeboys select Blake Griffin"

and if guys are going to be playing overseas, someone please get me a live feed. its been a long summer already w/o basketball

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

i'm all for it. "the Atlanta Dopeboys select Blake Griffin"

and if guys are going to be playing overseas, someone please get me a live feed. its been a long summer already w/o basketball

Originally Posted by CP1708

Man, if one of those guys gets hurt over there........
30t6p3b.gif
I'm almost certain some sort of insurance policy will be taken just in case?

Dude has already gotten paid a lot of money, but I'm sure an insurance plan will cover any bases/injuries. I wonder how much they're gonna pay him ?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Man, if one of those guys gets hurt over there........
30t6p3b.gif
I'm almost certain some sort of insurance policy will be taken just in case?

Dude has already gotten paid a lot of money, but I'm sure an insurance plan will cover any bases/injuries. I wonder how much they're gonna pay him ?

Good to see DWill going overseas to play
smokin.gif
Im not worried about him getting hurt or anything... Just glad to stay he's staying on his grind.
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom