Official NBA OFF-SEASON Thread - 2011: Free Agency Dec. 9th

Good to see DWill going overseas to play
smokin.gif
Im not worried about him getting hurt or anything... Just glad to stay he's staying on his grind.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

When does the season start in Turkey?
Deron Williams Reaches Deal to Play in Turkey

Deron Williams, the Nets’ star point guard and one of the N.B.A.’s premier players, has an agreement to play in Turkey during the lockout.

“We confirm

Originally Posted by Zyzz

When does the season start in Turkey?
Deron Williams Reaches Deal to Play in Turkey

Deron Williams, the Nets’ star point guard and one of the N.B.A.’s premier players, has an agreement to play in Turkey during the lockout.

“We confirm

Originally Posted by aepps20

Players playing overseas is an excellent plan. The owners will fight this though.

Maybe, but there really isn't much they can do to stop it.

Originally Posted by aepps20

Players playing overseas is an excellent plan. The owners will fight this though.

Maybe, but there really isn't much they can do to stop it.

I know that it's supposed to be a strong team and everything, but that Turkish league can't be all that great stacked against other Euro leagues like ACB or SerieA. Williams should average a triple double over there.

I know that it's supposed to be a strong team and everything, but that Turkish league can't be all that great stacked against other Euro leagues like ACB or SerieA. Williams should average a triple double over there.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by CP1708

Man, if one of those guys gets hurt over there........
30t6p3b.gif
I'm almost certain some sort of insurance policy will be taken just in case?

Dude has already gotten paid a lot of money, but I'm sure an insurance plan will cover any bases/injuries. I wonder how much they're gonna pay him ?

I could care less about insurance.  I don't even care about the damn players, I care about the teams.  If one of them guys gets tore up out there, during non season time (offseason or lockout, whichever) that team is screwed whenever the season is ready to begin.  Insurance don't mean @#$% to me. 

30t6p3b.gif

Dude has already gotten paid a lot of money, but I'm sure an insurance plan will cover any bases/injuries. I wonder how much they're gonna pay him ?

I could care less about insurance.  I don't even care about the damn players, I care about the teams.  If one of them guys gets tore up out there, during non season time (offseason or lockout, whichever) that team is screwed whenever the season is ready to begin.  Insurance don't mean @#$% to me. 

I wonder when Paul Pierce goes. I remember him saying he'd do the same when he retires. Might as well get an early start now.

I wonder when Paul Pierce goes. I remember him saying he'd do the same when he retires. Might as well get an early start now.

30t6p3b.gif

Misunderstood. Yeah I think what you're getting at goes without saying.

30t6p3b.gif

Misunderstood. Yeah I think what you're getting at goes without saying.

I hope some of the rookies go over there. I mean, they might as well. Esp since they aren't getting their contract $$

I hope some of the rookies go over there. I mean, they might as well. Esp since they aren't getting their contract $$

JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore are considering it.

C’s picks eyeing Europe

With lockout, rookies may head overseas

By Mark Murphy  |   Thursday, July 7, 2011

The lockout abruptly turned JaJuan Johnson and E’Twaun Moore back into civilians last week after they barely had time to taste the Celtics life.

But that doesn’t mean the two rookies now have to wait by the phone for team president Danny Ainge’s call once the padlocks are removed with a new collective bargaining agreement.

The agents for both players are exploring overseas options that could find either or both in a foreign league next winter.

“It’s all over the board right now, but some Euroleague teams we’ve talked to are interested,

JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore are considering it.

C’s picks eyeing Europe

With lockout, rookies may head overseas

By Mark Murphy  |   Thursday, July 7, 2011

The lockout abruptly turned JaJuan Johnson and E’Twaun Moore back into civilians last week after they barely had time to taste the Celtics life.

But that doesn’t mean the two rookies now have to wait by the phone for team president Danny Ainge’s call once the padlocks are removed with a new collective bargaining agreement.

The agents for both players are exploring overseas options that could find either or both in a foreign league next winter.

“It’s all over the board right now, but some Euroleague teams we’ve talked to are interested,

30t6p3b.gif

They could get seriously hurt just doing regular off-season conditioning. If they want to play competitively and get paid doing it then by all means they should. They don't owe anyone @%@%.

30t6p3b.gif

They could get seriously hurt just doing regular off-season conditioning. If they want to play competitively and get paid doing it then by all means they should. They don't owe anyone @%@%.

Back
Top Bottom