Official NBA Live 14 Thread - Official Cover Released , Brief In-Game Footage. Xbox One & PS4

Are you looking Forward to NBA Live 14 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@CliffordSmith You tryna tell me that in your honest opinion, 2K13 is NOT cheesier than 2K11?
roll.gif

Let's review some of your claims.
 If you wanna win all you gotta do is Pass in the paint.
It's the same thing in 2K13. Anyone can make a shot as long as they're right under the basket. Defense doesn't matter. It's either a dunk off the vert or a nonsense layup that should've been blocked.
 Up and Under cheese, Mid range cheese,
Same exact problem in 13. It's actually worse. And I don't know how taking a mid range shot is cheese. Anyone that consistently misses a mid range shot deserves to be flogged. There's no cheese there.
 dunk on everyone with a dunker cheese.. 100% of the time unless its blocked,
You have the audacity to say some **** like that when you can't even block dunks in 2K13? Ok bruh. I've seen people violate online with Isaiah Thomas. I've dunked on people with Jared Dudley
sick.gif
. On blacktop the only way you're not getting dunked on is to try and poke the ball loose or just move out the damn way. If not you will be windmilled or 360d on. So you can chill with that.
 Cheesy 3pt that was way worse than it is in 12 13 or 14. 11 was auto.
You right about 3s not being cheese in 2K12. But in 13? 3 point shooters are gods in that game. I have outscored entire teams on Team-up for up to 3 1/2 quarters with people like Ben Gordon and Jimmer Fredette. Steph Curry is one of the most dangerous people in that game. And if someone has deadeye? 
mean.gif

11 defense was weak. You couldnt cover anybody if you move side to side all game.. Dudes would just zig zag all day wit a shooter and be wide open.
I had no problem defending either the computer or other players. Except for the ones that were like 10 ft tall. Don't blame it on the game bruh.
 Oops were unstoppable, no blocking oops.
I never had a problem with that. How often you see someone slap an alley out of the air in real life? Besides I've seen the computer throw far too many oops to ppl off the vert in 13 for you to use that.
 Back down and spin cheese 100% of the time dunk. All in 1 motion.
You say this like spin dunk cheese doesn't still exist. If anything they made it easier to do
laugh.gif

The Euro Step was UNSTOPPABLE.. It didnt matter who it was..
Eurostep jumpers. You can't complain about the eurostep in 2K11 with this BS cheese move existing in 13. If you want a clutch shot just run to the 3 point line and do one. It is almost a guaranteed shot.

And the verdict is: You're full of ****. 2K13 might be the easiest cheesiest 2K of all time.

Uh oh... I knew this would happen... Live fan boys coming out from the grave and sticking up for this garbage...

How long has live been dead and buried? And THIS is what they have to show for it?

What four years to make a game and this is it?

Jesus. Nobody is saying 2k games are perfect. Hell, i didnt even buy 2k13 because it was pure trash but if a game gets cancelled weeks before the release or the actual franchise hasn't produced games for years then it tells you something, doesn't it?

@CliffordSmith You tryna tell me that in your honest opinion, 2K13 is NOT cheesier than 2K11?
roll.gif

Let's review some of your claims.
 If you wanna win all you gotta do is Pass in the paint.
It's the same thing in 2K13. Anyone can make a shot as long as they're right under the basket. Defense doesn't matter. It's either a dunk off the vert or a nonsense layup that should've been blocked.

Not true. 2k11 passes could not be stolen. Everything in 11 was a bucket.. you press Traingle and drop step closer to the hoop. Easy Dunk every time. 2k13 You not passing it to the bigs that easy. 11 Was too easy to feed paint. Which makes it easier to score every possesion. 2k12 upgraded the DLOW defense that 2k11 didnt have AT ALL!!! AT ALL!!! Only thing was block that 13 doesnt have. Which doesnt play a factor when it comes to a big scoring down low because its always a dunk.
 Up and Under cheese, Mid range cheese,
Same exact problem in 13. It's actually worse. And I don't know how taking a mid range shot is cheese. Anyone that consistently misses a mid range shot deserves to be flogged. There's no cheese there.

You obviously were never good at 2k11 or didn't play enough. 11 Was A Cheese fest all day mid range... with Anybody!! 13 actually had defense.. If you play 11 there was no animation when you shoot... a player can be sprinting down court and when he pulls up from mid its his standing shooting form. Ray Allen, Russ, Rose, Pierce etc. were all 90% from mid. That was the problem with 11. People will just shoot mids all game because it was unstoppable. KNOWN CHEESE!
 dunk on everyone with a dunker cheese.. 100% of the time unless its blocked,
You have the audacity to say some **** like that when you can't even block dunks in 2K13? Ok bruh. I've seen people violate online with Isaiah Thomas. I've dunked on people with Jared Dudley
sick.gif
. On blacktop the only way you're not getting dunked on is to try and poke the ball loose or just move out the damn way. If not you will be windmilled or 360d on. So you can chill with that.

DID YOU JUST SAY BLACK TOP??? WHERE PLAYERS ALL HAVE THE FINSIHER SIG SKILL, POSTERIZER, AND 99 DUNK, 99 DUNK IN TRAFFIC, 99 VERTICAL!!!?? C'mon now...

Yes i know you cant block dunks on 2k13. But 2k11 YOU DUNK ON EVERYONE. THE SPIN CHEESE DUNK WHERE YOU POST UP THE PLAYER AND SPIN OFF HIM AND DUNK ON THE WHOLE TEAM. 2k11 WAS WAYYYYYYYY WORSE WHEN IT COMES TO DUNKING ON PEOPLE... LANE CAN BE CLOGGED AND THEY STILL YAM IT ON THEM. THIS MOVE CAN BE DONE OVER AND OVER... NO STOPPING. I PLAY DUDES WHO ONLY DID THIS MOVE!!! 

Cheesy 3pt that was way worse than it is in 12 13 or 14. 11 was auto.
You right about 3s not being cheese in 2K12. But in 13? 3 point shooters are gods in that game. I have outscored entire teams on Team-up for up to 3 1/2 quarters with people like Ben Gordon and Jimmer Fredette. Steph Curry is one of the most dangerous people in that game. And if someone has deadeye? 
mean.gif

3s always Been bad... But 2k11 There was no DEFENSE FOR IT... in 2k13 you can lock them up if you know how to play defense... No one goes off from 3pt on me.. No1. 2k11 There was no such thing as Defense at all. You can move in circles all day... And GUN IT! No D#.
 11 defense was weak. You couldnt cover anybody if you move side to side all game.. Dudes would just zig zag all day wit a shooter and be wide open.
I had no problem defending either the computer or other players. Except for the ones that were like 10 ft tall. Don't blame it on the game bruh.

Do i got to reply to this one? Thats just dumb. You bias as hell to make a statement like that. 2k11 had no Defense at all. Cmon now!!
 Oops were unstoppable, no blocking oops.
I never had a problem with that. How often you see someone slap an alley out of the air in real life? Besides I've seen the computer throw far too many oops to ppl off the vert in 13 for you to use that.

How often do you see 10 oops being throw in a qtr??? Of course oops dont get slapped out the air in real life because they are not throw like that. ****** throwing oops down court all day... You throw a oop and someone is going to get it. So stop it.
 Back down and spin cheese 100% of the time dunk. All in 1 motion.
You say this like spin dunk cheese doesn't still exist. If anything they made it easier to do
laugh.gif

Look At the video i posted above^^ Spin cheese is nothing now like it was. Nobody even uses it in 13. It wasnt a 100% success rate like it was in 12 or 11. But look at the video above to see what i mean.
 The Euro Step was UNSTOPPABLE.. It didnt matter who it was..
Eurostep jumpers. You can't complain about the eurostep in 2K11 with this BS cheese move existing in 13. If you want a clutch shot just run to the 3 point line and do one. It is almost a guaranteed shot.

And the verdict is: You're full of ****. 2K13 might be the easiest cheesiest 2K of all time.

Eurostep jumpers were cheesy when it first started... Thats why they took the Acrobat signature skill out... I never had anyone have success with that... So i never got the whole eurostep jumpers... never worked on me.. dudes will hit that 2 out of 10 times... 

Eurostep jumper is nothing at all... its not even a 30% shot...  

2K > Live

2K11 << Every 2k after

Also when i say up and under cheese i mean the Post move..When you post up with the big and do the up and under animation. 100% shot.... no blocking it.

DONT get me started on Turn around fade aways.. that **** was ridiculous in 2k11.. omg... ****** just post you at mid range and turn around jumper.... money every time.. and unblockable.

Last edited:
These dudes will tell themselves anything to convince themselves that they're paying for the new 2K because they enjoy it.
Not cuz it's a monopoly and they have no other choice. 2k11 was the last 2k that I truly enjoyed. I'd still be playing it if they didn't shut down the servers.
I'm so glad that a new Live is finally coming out. I'm sick of paying these ****** bills. I refuse to buy 2k14 a.k.a. 2K13: Lebron Edititon.
I hate VC. I hate all those stupid cheese moves that a simple patch could fix. I hate that they keep changing the controls for no damn reason.
I hate that I don't have crew games. I hate the trash soundtracks on 2K13 and 2K14 (Except for Phil Collins).
I hate how overpowered Lebron is and I hate that cornball Ronnie 2K as well.

Maybe you should wait for live to introduce base freestyles they are pretty much the Lil b of this basketball game **** :smh:

Live is for kids and not for people who like sim basketball. I could literally drop 50 a game in live with cats like J.terry **** is TRASH

Maybe you should wait for live to introduce base freestyles they are pretty much the Lil b of this basketball game **** :smh:

Live is for kids and not for people who like sim basketball. I could literally drop 50 a game in live with cats like J.terry **** is TRASH

Man what :lol: u could do the same **** in 2K :lol:

Terrence Williams is probably the greatest player in the history of 2K

Last edited:

Maybe you should wait for live to introduce base freestyles they are pretty much the Lil b of this basketball game ****
mean.gif

Man what
laugh.gif
u could do the same **** in 2K
laugh.gif

Terrence Williams is probably the greatest player in the history of 2K
Terrence Ross >>>> Terrence Williams and anyone who's not trash could drop 50 with Jason Terry in 2K
laugh.gif

I've had games with him where I wasn't even trying and dropped 30. Just pulling up in people's faces and taking eurostep 3s
roll.gif

These dudes will tell themselves anything to convince themselves that they're paying for the new 2K because they enjoy it.
Not cuz it's a monopoly and they have no other choice. 2k11 was the last 2k that I truly enjoyed. I'd still be playing it if they didn't shut down the servers.
I'm so glad that a new Live is finally coming out. I'm sick of paying these ****** bills. I refuse to buy 2k14 a.k.a. 2K13: Lebron Edititon.
I hate VC. I hate all those stupid cheese moves that a simple patch could fix. I hate that they keep changing the controls for no damn reason.
I hate that I don't have crew games. I hate the trash soundtracks on 2K13 and 2K14 (Except for Phil Collins).
I hate how overpowered Lebron is and I hate that cornball Ronnie 2K as well.

2k is only sim if both players play like that

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]NBA Live 14 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O'Brien[/h2]
bullet.gif
  04:08 PM - October 21, 2013 by Steve_OS

1379870074-media.jpg

NBA Live 14 Executive Producer Sean O'Brien took some time to answer fan feedback today on Twitter. Below are the list of questions and answers. It's all about gameplay this week with Ultimate Team information coming next week.

Will the controls feel like NBA Live 10?

The controls are reminiscent of LIVE 10 but much deeper.

Is anyone going to buy your game after how amazing 2k14 looked?

As expected, 2K14 looked good. I'm curious to see how it translates to 5v5 gameplay.

When will we see another trailer?

You'll see a steady flow of content pulled directly from #NBALIVE14 gameplay from now until launch.

how will player tendencies effect how I play the game

In the coming weeks we'll breakdown how we're using Synergy Sports to drive player and team differentiation.

what can we expect out of nba live?

An authentic 5v5 gameplay experience that sets the foundation for the future of our basketball video games.

When are we gonna get more gameplay

Each week heading into launch.

Do you really think #NBALIVE14 has a chance over #NBA2K14 ,If so why?

Of course. To name a few - Our fresh take on 5v5 gameplay & commitment to connected consumer throughout the entire NBA season.

can we get some ultimate team info?

You'll see an Ultimate Team blog early next week!

what is it about live that makes it better than the other basketball games

Authentic player responsiveness and Signature Styles... More to come.

will we see 5v5 gameplay from the players camera angle before release?

Absolutely.

were the screenshots that you dropped a further along build than the gameplay that you guys showed?

Nope, they are all captured from the same build.

what is something NBA Live has now that it didn't have before ?? What makes it standout ?

Depth of Signature Styles, player movement, team differentiation, control and authentic responsiveness.

Can you give any specifics on how the new consoles made things possible you could not do in the past?

Memory and processing power to provide more individuality to the players in-game.

I was hoping on getting nba live 14 cuz I always played live, but ur trailer set me back

I would encourage you to not judge everything off of one trailer and form your opinion once you've played the game.

Who are the commentators for #NBALIVE14?

We'll be announcing our ESPN talent roster shortly.

Can we practice plays at all? Can you tell us more about the specific playbooks each team has?

Every team has their own authentic playbook. We'll be updating throughout the year as coaches change their schemes.

post play. How is it in Live 14? Post play has been lost in previous bball games

We think you'll be pleasantly surprised with post play in #NBALIVE14

in the future trailers, are we going to see more gameplay on the defensive side is the ball?

It's tough to showcase defense and four-man rotations in a highlight video but we'll do our best moving forward.

overall ...was the response to the trailer expected ?

We realize we have to prove ourselves & one trailer won't do that. I think the more you see, the more you'll like.

Passing and AI awareness have you guys been improving in that area

We give you more manual control with passing than we ever have.

I can't wait im glad EA is back & better than ever.

I think you guys will really enjoy using your favorite players' Signature Styles. Different moves, speeds, and reactions.

will there be different alley animations

Yes.

PF and Centers that don't shoot 3s, will they be more around the rim instead of being at the 3pt line?

Yes, player tendencies driven by advanced analytics will dictate player behavior on the court.

the in-game fans in 2K suck thats something you guys always had better will you still keep that a high level like previous yrs?

Yup, we put a great amount of focus into what our crowds look like and their behavior in each unique arena setting.

We wanted to focus this week on gameplay as it seems that's what you guys want to talk about. We'll share UT next week.

[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]How You Control the Handle in NBA LIVE 14[/h2]
By NBA LIVE 14 Gameplay Designer Scott O’Gallagher Oct 22, 2013

nba-live-14-signature-styles_656x369.jpg

NBA LIVE 14 is built on the idea that to deliver the most authentic experience possible, you must ensure that the athletes move and respond just like the real thing.

Imagine a scenario where you are in an isolation situation and as a dribbler you fake to your left with a "hesi" move. You do this to get the defender to shift his momentum to his right so that you can cross back left to create space.

The driving force behind your success rests on the defender having to arrest his momentum before he can recover and chase you. This takes time and gives you as a dribbler the time (and space) to beat him.

But what if the on-ball defender could immediately change direction and move to his left without any consequences? The balance of the game would be broken, as there is no reason for me to try to fake since it has little outcome on my ability to get past a defender. This results in outcomes that are less varied and less authentic.

Much has already been said about bounceTek, our new physics dribbling system, which brings new levels of authenticity to the look, feel and level of control in the dribble. However, it also has been created to control the dribbler’s momentum in order to create a balance between dribbler and defender that can replicate the intricacies and subtleties of the one-on-one scenario. It’s also important to note that each defender reacts differently depending on the particular player and/or move they are defending. Defenders are more likely to retreat on a dribble move from Rajon Rondo due to his lack of a perimeter shot – while they are more likely to crowd a player like Steve Nash because of how well he shoots from the outside.

When handling the ball there are basically three different levels of dribble moves that you as the player can utilize in order to get the defender out of position. Level one moves are basic handles like crossovers, hesitations, behind the back and so on, all controlled by simple flicks and holds on the right stick.

Level two moves (above) take things to the next level, adding some more motion and momentum to your dribbles as you chain together moves to lure your opponent to take a wrong step or move out of position. There’s a rhythm to these moves, as you transition from one to the next so you’re not simply jamming the thumbstick in multiple directions in order to try and catch a lucky break in the animations. Think of these as setup moves, where you can lure a defender into a screen or create the space you need for a quick, uncontested jumper.

Last, but likely most important, are the level three moves or the signature moves. These are the “did you just see that?!” plays that some of the NBA’s biggest stars can pull off. These ankle-breakers are most effective when your opponent has been properly set-up, pulled out of position and is scrambling to recover. All it takes at this point is one well-timed signature move and you’re past his hip and on your way to the hoop. Check these moves out in action below.

The driving force behind player movement is the ability to put control in your hands and allow you as a player to be as creative as possible. The ability to mix and match moves from all three levels creates a nearly infinite amount of opportunity, letting you orchestrate your offense in the same manner as the NBA’s greatest floor generals.

We believe that having a game that plays as close to the real thing as possible is at the heart of what will make this franchise great, and we also realize fans want to feel like a superstar when they’re out on the court. Ideally this balance between authentic responsiveness and the various dribble moves and signature styles will provide a foundation which we can build on for years to come.

Next time, I’ll go a step deeper and put the controller on-screen so you can see how to perform some of our favorite signature moves. Then you can use those insider tips to school your friends when NBA LIVE 14 launches in just a few short weeks.

Fans in North America can pick up NBA LIVE 14 on Tuesday, November 19, for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Preorder today, and be sure to check the NBA LIVE website, Facebook  and Twitter  for updates.

Oh that dribbling is :pimp:

Also no sliding feet or dribbling animations from what I saw in those clips. Everything smooth and controlled.

Also the freestyle control is still a + but I'm glad they mentioned that u can't just jam the stick in every direction to pull off these moves. They have be done in sequence starting off with the set-up dribble like real life

Graphics look good to me too

Back
Top Bottom