Official NBA Live 14 Thread - Official Cover Released , Brief In-Game Footage. Xbox One & PS4

Are you looking Forward to NBA Live 14 ?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I can still fire up live 10 and have a blast today unfortunately i cant say the same about any of the prior 2K's . The game lacks visually compared to 2K but I do feel like it'll be a fun game to play IF its an improved version of live 10 I'll be happy . That's why I feel like its necessary to cop both , each game has its own strengths and weaknesses

Last edited:
i don't understand all the bickering in this thread....

listen:

we all know 2k > live

there is no question about that....but as a basketball fan and a video game fan, I wish there was more than 1 variety to play...i played nba live 10 so much it was fun as hell...

i didn't expect sim basketball or the best graphics or even the best game play....but it was entertaining.

and everyone knows EA's presentation/sound track > 2k ....EA's online experience > 2k....so just for that a second basketball game for us is a breath of fresh air....

and i dont think anyone can argue that the dribbling mechanics in EA are so much smoother than 2k, and its fun as hell to dribble with guys like Melo or D-Will because they have it down to a T...

i will be copping both games for the ps4...

Right I can still fire up an old Live and have fun. I'm not bad at 2K but certain things just made the game not fun anymore. Like the OP 3s, spin dunks, leaning layups, up and under cheese.....just constantly seeing these abused in game made me not want to play anymore. Granted I haven't bought or played 2K14 because I'm waiting on the PS4 version so I'm sure some or most has been toned down. But ppl are acting like 2K has always nailed gameplay or never has anything wrong with it so we should expect flawlessness from a trailer that all I took from it was that it looked nice. Not saying Live will outplay 2K AT ALL but we don't know that it won't either. Still getting both regardless to enjoy both experiences because I like bball games more than any other genre

The footage wasn't terrible. I think dudes are programmed to say Live sucks because of the last few yearsyears and/or they hate on EA for what they did to 2K in football.

I've never bought an NBA game, only played at friend's house and Live was always the easiest for me, that's why I want them to deliver. My only issue is being a homer. As soon as dudes see Miami Heat they're probably gonna leave the screen not knowing I suck at basketball games. I'm glad the Dolphins aren't great in real life, lol
thats all we needed to hear!

Keep it moving.

2k aint made for you.

Live players moving like its Live for ps2 still.

Y'all funny. Take my response as if I speak for everyone who'd like to see Live flourish. :lol:

That's like me saying gamers who complain about 2k not making football are trash at Madden(which is probably true).

We all have our reasons.

Can anybody legit say 2k has made any improvements in their game through out the years? Because I know live improved from 08-10. And madden improved through out the years also. I'm going to give live a shot and not let a 10 second video decide who gets my money. I suggest y'all do the same unless you enjoy the dookie 2k been putting out these last few years

Can anybody legit say 2k has made any improvements in their game through out the years? Because I know live improved from 08-10. And madden improved through out the years also. I'm going to give live a shot and not let a 10 second video decide who gets my money. I suggest y'all do the same unless you enjoy the dookie 2k been putting out these last few years

2K has made great strides in every game, especially this year's game. Everything is improved, Live is going to be cut soon after 2k destroys it lol.

This is why we need the 2k team back into NFL gaming. 2k or EA, I don't care but competition is what drives better products. Madden is becoming :x

I bet dudes would sing a different tune if Live never made another game. 2k be giving you the same game like "Madden is the same game with updated rosters."

The more options the better it is for the consumers.

2K has made great strides in every game, especially this year's game. Everything is improved, Live is going to be cut soon after 2k destroys it lol.

Lies. 2k has taken giant strides back since 2k11. And I'm not the only one who thinks this

Lies. 2k has taken giant strides back since 2k11. And I'm not the only one who thinks this
I don't think we're playing the same games. Which giant strides are you talking about?

2k11 over 13 n 14 lmfaooooooooooooooo

2k Gets better every year..

2k8, 2k9, 2k10, than 2k11 changed basketball games 4ever... than 12 was a hugee change, 13 was a big change from 12 as well.

2k Keeps geting better....

Live is not even close.

There is a reason why no one bought Live. 

If Live was really that good it would outsell 2k PERIOD!

Games are not Albums, Movies, etc.

People will pick the better game. Especially when it comes to EA vs 2K. 

Live played 2k11 and said ...... 

We cant drop this anymore... lets change the name to Elite... No lets change it to Live... no lets not release it... no lets work on it for 2 years than release it....

Live was on top

LIVE WAS ON TOP

LIVE WAS ON TOP!!!!

But they fell off because 2K kills it every year........

Ohh yeah

Almost forgot

/Thread

Dude is bugging . 2K11 > 2K14 > 2K12 > 2K13
These dudes will tell themselves anything to convince themselves that they're paying for the new 2K because they enjoy it.

Not cuz it's a monopoly and they have no other choice. 2k11 was the last 2k that I truly enjoyed. I'd still be playing it if they didn't shut down the servers.

I'm so glad that a new Live is finally coming out. I'm sick of paying these ****** bills. I refuse to buy 2k14 a.k.a. 2K13: Lebron Edititon.

I hate VC. I hate all those stupid cheese moves that a simple patch could fix. I hate that they keep changing the controls for no damn reason.

I hate that I don't have crew games. I hate the trash soundtracks on 2K13 and 2K14 (Except for Phil Collins).

I hate how overpowered Lebron is and I hate that cornball Ronnie 2K as well.

anyone whos played every 2k will tell you 2k11 was the best

game feel off since then, complete trash IMO

Has crew games been confirmed? I haven't really heard or seen anything for Live. I want to give it a shot seeing as how I didn't like 2K12 or 2K13.

Can someone point me to the NBA Live 14 thread?

Keeps sending me to the live vs 2k thread.

CliffordSmith does 2kSports give you a check or do you work for them? If not then Its not that serious. You sound like a groupie.

laugh.gif
2k is just as trash as Live. We need them to just merge together, man.

Lol.. go play 2k11 and tell me if its better than 12, 13, or 14.

11 was nice when it came out.... 

But it doesnt compare to 12 13 or 14. At All..

11 Was Cheesy first off.

If you wanna win all you gotta do is Pass in the paint.

Up and Under cheese,

Mid range cheese,

dunk on everyone with a dunker cheese.. 100% of the time unless its blocked,

Cheesy 3pt that was way worse than it is in 12 13 or 14. 11 was auto.

11 defense was weak. You couldnt cover anybody if you move side to side all game.. Dudes would just zig zag all day wit a shooter and be wide open.

Oops were unstoppable, no blocking oops.

If you backdown a big from mid with a stronger player he will fall after 3 bumps leading to a open dunk.

Back down and spin cheese 100% of the time dunk. All in 1 motion.

The Euro Step was UNSTOPPABLE.. It didnt matter who it was..

I can go on and on.. but I dont wanna make my post too long. But 11 is trash. You have way more freedom now when your on a fastbreak. Your players aren't stiff like in 11. 

I see why yall are saying that though. 2k11 was EASY AS FUGG. Maybe thats why ya'll love it.

So stop. 11 is trash NOW. But at that time it was RAW!

No I dont work for 2k. I play it enough that i can tell you the difference and how much they improved each year. I had Live 2008. My brother got ps3 with 2k8.. It was a wrap from there.

2k3 > Live 03' BTW!

Back
Top Bottom