Official NBA ELITE 11 Thread Vol. Authentic Presentation :

Originally Posted by toine2983

eek.gif

[h1]
[h1]NBA Jam Will Be Bundled With NBA Elite 11[/h1][h2]Will this help EA Sports reclaim some of the basketball world?[/h2][h2]August 3, 2010[/h2]

by Nate Ahearn

EA Sports announced today that NBA Elite 11, the new basketball sim that spawned from the once-great NBA Live franchise, will come bundled with a one-time download code for a new, high-definition version of NBA Jam for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

If you've seen any of
our coverage of NBA Jam for Wii (winner of our Sports Game of the Show Award at E3), then this announcement should have you mighty excited to see what EA Sports can do with the added horsepower of HD consoles.

The bundle of NBA Elite 11 and a download code for NBA Jam will hit store shelves on October 5 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $59.99.

Wii users concerned about their version being overshadowed should rest easy knowing that the Xbox 360 and PS3 downloads feature a scaled back set of game modes. For the $59.99 price tag of NBA Elite 11, players will be able to enjoy the Classic Campaign (a simple ladder-style tournament that pits you against the rest of the league) and an Exhibition Mode. The HD versions, however, will support online multiplayer over Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, a feature that has yet to be confirmed for Wii users.

As fate would have it, I recently took a trip up to Vancouver to get my hands on an early build of NBA Jam and we'll have the first hands-on and direct-feed footage this Friday on IGN. For now, feast your eyes on our pair of screenshots and be sure to note the fantastic facial expressions.
[/h1]

[URL]http://ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1109971p1.html[/url]

Nice.
pimp.gif

I'm definitely copping both Elite and 2k11 now.

Whoa, they are making it for 360/PS3. Nice. Nice. Nice.

I played NBA Jam and it was very nice man. Very Nice.

More details about the NBA Jam offer:

[h3]
[h3]'NBA Elite 11' to include free downloadable version of 'NBA Jam'http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vid...-11-include-free-downloadable-version-nba-jam[/h3]
August, 3, 2010
Aug 3

2:20

AM ET

By Jon Robinson

vg_nbajam_ng_2_576.jpg
EA Sports"NBA Jam" will be a free download for those who buy "NBA Elite 11".

When EA Sports announced the resurrection of the "NBA Jam" franchise back in January as a Wii exclusive title, Nintendo fans celebrated with shouts of "Boom-Shackalacka" while PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 gamers were left shaking their heads in disbelief.

Why wouldn't EA Sports bring one of the most popular gaming franchises of all time to the systems of choice for so many gamers?

Turns out, "NBA Jam" will be coming to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 after all, but not in the way anyone was expecting. In an unprecedented move, EA Sports is packing a free, one-time only download code for "Jam" in every copy of "NBA Elite 11", giving basketball fans two games for just $59.99 when the titles launch October 5.

Included in the downloadable version of "NBA Jam" will be three game modes -- Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online (up to four players) -- meaning that the new Remix Tour featuring boss battles against legends like Magic Johnson is now exclusive to the Wii version of the game.

vg_nbajam_ng_1_200.jpg

EA SportsDwight Howard is bringing the "Jam" to the 360 and PS3.

"We're still holding back the Remix Tour for the Wii consumer, and that's about 20 hours of gameplay," explains Jordan Edelstein, Vice President of Marketing for EA Sports. "But for the PS3 and 360, we want people to try 'Elite'. We feel like 'NBA Elite 11' is a great product and we want people to give it a chance and see all the changes we're making. So as a way to say thanks to these people, we are going to let them experience 'Jam'. It's not the full product, but it's a good portion of it.

"And the only way to play 'Jam' on the 360 and PS3 is by picking up 'Elite'. There's a one-time use code that will be in every copy of 'Elite', so you just go online and redeem it. We're not selling 'Jam' on PSN or Xbox Live. If you still want the full product, the full experience is on the Wii, but if you pick up 'Elite', you're still getting a good taste of it, especially with the inclusion of online play."

It will be interesting to watch sales as the "Elite"/"Jam" combo double teams the category favorite, "NBA 2K11", on store shelves.

"We're excited about what we have coming with 'Elite'" adds Edelstein. "It's a revolution of how basketball games as a whole will be played. We look at all of sports, and the basketball games as a whole, us and 2K, are the lowest rated sports games. We know we're number two, so we're the ones who can really take a crack at turning the gameplay upside down and not just changing things for change sake, but there's a better way to do this, there's a better way to play.

"'Elite' gives you a meaningful, different way to play a basketball video game, then when you throw 'Jam' into the mix, a game people are really geeked about, we feel like if you're a basketball fan, this is a great value."
[/h3]

http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/vid...wnloadable-version-nba-jam?readmore=fullstory

pimp.gif

but why is NBA Elite 11 being released as a pre-owned game? Because it is a bundle of the two games?

This nba elite looks like a damn cartoon, FOH EA. Keep buying garbage from EA and they'll keep producing it. Same damn engine from PS2 days. Just look at the graphics, you can tell the engine isn't new. Just like Madden, it's garbage this year too. NCAA is much better, especially for since I only paid 39.99.

Honestly I am not sure how you guys can be excited anymore after reading the preview, it seems like the person who wrote that was disappointed and the new shot system may be very raw as of right now, they may need another year or two before they perfect it

I think i was planning to buy Live for the first time along with 2k this year, but its looking less than likely, hopefully the live team picks it up, i believe theres like 2 months before release date

laugh.gif
I was gonna buy it for my wii but now I might lean to do it for the ps3

but I'm not sold on elite yet
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Jonbx5

does live have something similar to my player mode?
Yes, there was a "Be a Pro" mode but this year they're supposedly changing the name to "Become Legendary" mode.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Honestly I am not sure how you guys can be excited anymore after reading the preview, it seems like the person who wrote that was disappointed and the new shot system may be very raw as of right now, they may need another year or two before they perfect it

I think i was planning to buy Live for the first time along with 2k this year, but its looking less than likely, hopefully the live team picks it up, i believe theres like 2 months before release date

That so called preview was short as hell.....ign are 2k fan boys.....and its sad, even the folks at the operationsports forum pointed it out.....as for the game its very raw they are still putting things in the game as we speak, you can check the "ask a dev" thread on the site.

And to the guy complaining about the graphics, did you not see the brandon Jennings screen shot ? They seem pretty on point, when I played 2k10 those players faces were a disgrace (carlos boozer
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

That so called preview was short as hell.....ign are 2k fan boys.....and its sad, even the folks at the operationsports forum pointed it out.....as for the game its very raw they are still putting things in the game as we speak, you can check the "ask a dev" thread on the site.

And to the guy complaining about the graphics, did you not see the brandon Jennings screen shot ? They seem pretty on point, when I played 2k10 those players faces were a disgrace (carlos boozer
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by Ratboy90

2K sports is gonna get a woopin this year. Elite is going to be so much better

honestly, i hear that every year, and its usually the same result every year

i hope live (elite) comes strong, but it seems like they come out with some many gimmicks and the game never pans out

This is what an Elite developer said about the Artest clip on Operation Sports:

I'm working on that today actually. We don't have player ratings in yet for in air collisions so it's a very simple algorithm that decides if one, both or none get altered and by how much.

What you see in this video is extremely rare in the game right now, which was one of the reasons we captured it.

I'll see if I can get you guys some examples of dunk on attempts that do get altered for some of the next videos so you can see the difference.

What you see here should really only play for a very, very strong player dunking on a very, very weak player.

Back
Top Bottom