Official NBA ELITE 11 Thread Vol. Authentic Presentation :

[h3][/h3]
[h3]REAL PHYSICS IN NBA ELITE 11[/h3]Jul 30, 2010
Hello everyone,

My name is Geoff Harrower and I’m a Software Engineer working on EA Sports NBA ELITE 11.  I’m very happy to have the opportunity to write a blog about the Real Physics engine we’ve developed this year.  The term “Real Physics

pimp.gif
cant wait

indifferent.gif
to the 2k fanboys in here

15cej52.jpg

ps2 graphics you say ? kill yourself idiot

you 2k fanboys kill me...yall are hyped over mj being in the game
laugh.gif
if I wanted to play as mj I could go all the way back to live 2000

^
laugh.gif
 @ you calling someone a 2k fanboy when you're riding equally as hard for Elite.

2k has a proven track record over the years of making good basketball games, while it's the complete opposite with EA and the Live series.

With that said Live 10 was a HUGE step in the right direction for EA as it was a very good game. I'm hoping they can build on that with Elite.

The info coming from 2k11 and Elite developers sound 
pimp.gif
on paper but it remains to be seen how all this will translate gameplay wise, until then I'll take a wait and see approach.

BTW KingFoam are you using this thread as the Official Elite thread? I was planning on making one when all the info comes rolling out in the next few weeks.

Originally Posted by Keithdajuiceman

pimp.gif
cant wait

indifferent.gif
to the 2k fanboys in here

15cej52.jpg

ps2 graphics you say ? kill yourself idiot

you 2k fanboys kill me...yall are hyped over mj being in the game
laugh.gif
if I wanted to play as mj I could go all the way back to live 2000
THANK YOU.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

^
laugh.gif

2k has a proven track record over the years of making good basketball games, while it's the complete opposite with EA and the Live series.

With that said Live 10 was a HUGE step in the right direction for EA as it was a very good game. I'm hoping they can build on that with Elite.

pimp.gif
on paper but it remains to be seen how all this will translate gameplay wise, until then I'll take a wait and see approach.

BTW KingFoam are you using this thread as the Official Elite thread? I was planning on making one when all the info comes rolling out in the next few weeks.
...until you try and play online.

blah. im buying both this year. it aint trickin if you got it
laugh.gif
smh.gif

whichever one I dont like, I'll trade in.. i love basketball enough to buy both and play them

Originally Posted by toine2983

^
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

me a fanboy no, it's just annoying seeing 7-8 post of people not contributing to the thread, especially when they are going off a raw product...how many people are in the 2k thread bashing 2k ??? I post in there also without a biased opinion

I'm down for whatever game is better. I look at the reviews and play them over my homeboys houses first then I make my decision. I started off a Live fan but went to 2k after they fell off. This year might be me going back to Live (Elite).

I have a feeling that Elite will crush 2k this year. I don't think 2k has addressed the glitches in last year's game at all.
They're just promoting this MJ on the cover thing. I will definitely be buying Elite this year.

me a fanboy no, it's just annoying seeing 7-8 post of people not contributing to the thread, especially when they are going off a raw product...how many people are in the 2k thread bashing 2k ??? I post in there also without a biased opinion
Fair enough.

And TPOB I hardly if every play online, so that really doesn't affect me, but I've heard the horror stories.

Here's the IGN Preview for Elite:

I first got my hands on the new right analog stick controls of NBA Elite 11 at this year's E3 in a demo that was nothing more than one player versus another. It was a good introductory to using the right stick for everything from shooting to dribbling moves but left a big question mark in terms of what a real game would feel like. Last week at EA's Redwood Shores studios, I got the chance to play a full five-on-five game and I came away excited by the potential the gameplay changes bring to the overall package.

As I'm sure you know by now, the controls of NBA Elite have been totally remapped since last year's NBA Live 10. The right stick is getting the same treatment that EA Sports' NHL series got so many years ago. The result is an NBA game that feels much more responsive than it has in the past. Every flick of the stick results in either a cool dribble animation or shot and while the early version of the game that I saw didn't stack up very well against NBA 2K11 in terms of authentic player animations, I've gotta say that the responsive of the controls shows a lot of potential for this year as well as years to come.

nba-elite-11-20100730033405032-000.jpg

He will own you.
That said, the five-on-five gameplay still needs some polish before consumers take to the court. I had no problem breaking ankles left and right with crossover moves and nailing outside jumpers with the right analog felt much easier than when I saw the game at E3. The shooting is all supposed to be skill-based, so I'm either an extraordinarily talented NBA Elite player or the difficulty needs some tuning. I'm betting on the latter. EA Sports has assured me that they're in the midst of finding the sweet spot when it comes to overall difficulty, so don't pass judgment until we get our hands on a final build to see if it's been fixed.

Another issue I had with my first five-on-five experience was that there was never an incentive to run plays or to incorporate the rest of my team to succeed. Again, I'm sure this will change as the development team tunes the overall gameplay, but for now the five-on-five felt more like a one-on-one affair with my point guard dribbling up court, pulling a few cool moves on his defender, then draining a typically open jumper.

nba-elite-11-20100730033437671-000.jpg

Going for the steal.
Thankfully the final product is aiming to incorporate some cool physics-based defensive abilities that will hopefully constrain players' abilities to dribble their way into the lane each and every time down the court. I saw one instance where a player tried to pull a hard drive to the lane, only to have the ball glance off the defender's knee and into the hands of the opposition.

There are moments of brilliance in NBA Elite 11, that's to be sure. I feel like the title has a lot of potential to become something great, but it's going to take some work on the part of EA Sports to tighten up the whole package before October 5 hits. We'll have more on NBA Elite 11 in the coming weeks, so stay tuned to IGN.com.

Buying both this year.

But based on the experience I've had with the NHL franchise, I'm expecting Elite to be amazing.

I'm sorry I just can't ever get into a game that LOOKS as weak as this. The players look PS2 NBA Live like. The only good thing about EA basketball games is the Arena's and the commentators. I'm sticking with 2K until they come out with another NBA Street
laugh.gif

I'll probably end up copping both like I did last year.

I told myself last year to never cop the 2K series again, the servers were pitiful, the flaws in My Player mode were absolutely frustrating, the lag and/or freezing of the game whenever youd try to play Team Up or just a regular Ranked game online was unbearable. I'm getting that anger back that I had last year when i copped 2K10
laugh.gif

I'll probably wait for the reviews and see whats good before I cop this year.

I really do hope Elite regains the crown for best bball video game. I remember when 2K first came out on the Dreamcast, my brother and I were literally like
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. That @%@@ was so dope, I never looked back after that and have been playing 2K every year since then aside from the NBA Live where you'd average 13 blocks a game with one guy. And the one with VC on it, coulda been the same game.

I did read somewhere that 2K feels like Fifa, and that just may do it for me if its the truth, cause I murk in Fif.

I talked to the dev at operationsports.com (have a thread where they let you ask the devs of the game questions)

my questions were...Did EA fix the foul system and can big name superstars be contained...he answered yes to both....in live 10 the fouls were ridiculous you couldn't play d# and people who played with the cavs use to just run around with lebron and dunk on 4 people
indifferent.gif

I also went through the thread to see what other questions got answered, I found out that the vids that are out are using players without the stats applied to them, also EA is in the works of balancing out the difficulty level of play (ign preview stating how easy was for them to cross up and get to the lane). Alley oops can be blocked, the pass can be deflected, you can do chase down blocks and pin the ball to the backboard, a lot of things have changed from what I've read, hope it works out

Back
Top Bottom