OFFICIAL NBA 2k16 Thread | Available Now

To defend the pnr, you need to bring over a helpside defender, one of the wing players in the corner that is guarding a non shooter. Controlling either the on ball defender OR the defender of the screener WON'T get it done.I will post videos of it later to further explain

Lol. In the nba no one can stop these top guards y'all playing with one on one man defence.

You guys sound stupid. Harden is going to get around anyone defender every time. So is friggin tyreke Evans. So is curry. So is Lowry. Etc etc.
But this is 2k.

You an offball defender no need to justify it.

Lol don't kill me. I never off ball defended in my life. Yall talking way too wreck less in here. Don't even understand the point I was trying to make.

It's normal to get beat on defence. It's 2k. It's realistic.

Lol. In the nba no one can stop these top guards y'all playing with one on one man defence.

You guys sound stupid. Harden is going to get around anyone defender every time. So is friggin tyreke Evans. So is curry. So is Lowry. Etc etc.
But this is 2k.

Lol don't kill me. I never off ball defended in my life. Yall talking way too wreck less in here. Don't even understand the point I was trying to make.

Ahh chit.. didn't eem notice it was my guy OVO 
pimp.gif

But this is 2k.

Ahh chit.. didn't eem notice it was my guy OVO :pimp:

View media item 1758593

But this is 2k.

Ahh chit.. didn't eem notice it was my guy OVO :pimp:

View media item 1758593

:lol: :pimp:

i didn't even read the name either.

View media item 1758618

Last edited:
The way I see it is something 2K really needs to fix. They need to add the difficulty of the defense of players to rookie if you are using computer defense. It is a cheese because unlike football in basketball you need to be good offensively and defensively. You are playing 50% of the game when you let your computer do your defense, so how can anyone that uses this think they are good? You are doing half the work. Imagine playing a fighting game where the computer blocks for you and you only play for offense? There is a reason why real 2K tournaments for money you get automatically disqualified if you use computer d. Is for bums that aren't good on defense. Just practice you will be better than the computer and won't rely on it. You have no idea how satisfying it is to know that block or 24 sec violation came from yourself. I give no props to players that think they are nice because the computer stopped me or stole the ball. Like why are you pausing the game to look cocky when it wasn't you who did that? It is very frustrating but until 2K punishes these players by putting their defense rookie level when they aren't guarding then the best option to do is spread the floor and pass it to the one they are guarding. Is always the Center and you will score because they rely on the computer so much and suck on defense. And to that user that said they don't want to switch players every 5 secs? Pressing X doesn't disturb any flow and it just shows how lazy you sound. Now pressing a button is a chore? Come on man.

a fighting game is one on one. madden and 2k are games where there can be different philosophies on how to play defense...so thats not a very good example

Strictly off ball defenders are just suckas. Point blank

i agree...but its not "cheese" by definition. thats all i was saying.

Last edited:
To defend the pnr, you need to bring over a helpside defender, one of the wing players in the corner that is guarding a non shooter. Controlling either the on ball defender OR the defender of the screener WON'T get it done. I will post videos of it later to further explain
Appreciate it

Probably just played my best defensive game vs. a Suspected Cheese Head. Put Aaron Gordon on Harden, doubled him on catch, dude was STILL trying to force the issue. Look at his turnover numbers and shooting %. Strapped that man.ac

this guy didnt play much on ball defense either.

let me say that i dont play much online as the online experience vastly changes the sim experience. but there are players that play a hybrid of off/on ball defense and do it well, there are also defenders that choose to be that "last line of defense", users that like to pay defense with players on the wing...and then there are players who switch to a defender that is as far away from any on ball action as possible.

the discussion, has been pretty good for the thread...but my initial statement was to attempt to define the word "cheese". i dont believe that a player not ever playing on ball defense is considered "cheese" by loose definition of the word.

DC

Who the hell is hitting jumpshots for you with Orlando in the starting lineup besides Harris?

Last edited:
DC

Who the hell is hitting jumpshots for you with Orlando in the starting lineup besides Harris?
Oladipo

Super Mario

Frye

2nd half, dude doubled me in the middle of the court, at the top of the key each possession. So I got some very easy buckets.

I can hit shots with this team

How the tables have turned.

Played GSW, I am ORL.

Dude took Steph, turbo-ed around the 3PT line until he got separation, and took shots. He shot over 55% for the game. This was an annoying loss

video game elitist are the worst :lol:

-scrub
-bum
-coward
-suckas

wah wah wah... crying like lil girls :stoneface:

Bro, they got Kendall Marshall out here shooting like Steve Nash in MyCareer
mean.gif
Yea unfortunately, he has shot the ball well from 3 the past few seasons and his rating is a reflection of of. I feel that the entire career should be factored if that player had a drastic switch in play style.

Like if Drew Gooden shoots 45% from 3 on 200 attempts this season, I don't think he should get the same rating from 3 as Korver, if he did the same numbers.

Why don't yall just settle this debate in a friendly best of 3 series? and put the full games up on YouTube for my entertainment......

I'll stick to myLeague if all I'll be doing is playing against the CPU defense.

'coward'

you're a grown man *****ing on an internet forum about a video game...puts things in perspective...

all i did was offer an opinion...but you going mad hard for no reason....

this here is a video game to me for my entertainment...i ain't tryna earn NT stripes by claiming i got a longer D' because i play on ball...

you're lame as hell

and i already mentioned i go 50/50 on ball off ball...to counter cheesy pick and rolls and turbo cheesers...

i prefer 12 min quarters sim basketball with subs, timeouts, plays, etc...so take your corny *** off my D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom