Official NBA 2k13 Thread

Those 2k exploiters/cheesers are rubbing their hands right now. SMh . Won't cop this game for retail

Am I the only one that enjoys playing against the cpu? I can play my own sim type game and not have to worry about cheesers.

Am I the only one that enjoys playing against the cpu? I can play my own sim type game and not have to worry about cheesers.

I've probably played the CPU less than 10 times I just can't get into it.

For me it's no greater feeling than stifling another human's offensive attack or scoring on them at will and visualizing them slamming their controller in anger somewhere in Reno, Nevada. That's the main reason I play online.

its boring as hell.

online is garbage IMO it was completely different shooting release and everything, that was in 2k10 and 11 thats why i never played online again.

the only time i play is when i play my brother and its competitive as hell :lol: :pimp:

Jeez, this is why 2k doesn't like giving all their information out.

Half of people in the forum just keep complaining, and nit picking the new features they bring each year. The sig skills make the game more "arcadish"? Have you even played the game yet? quoting NBA live that did it before (keep in mind, they made 6 styles, not 31), when was it acceptable to quote a series that has been trash for about 7 years? Let 2K cook, honestly the only eyebrow-raising change are the dunk contest controls.

Honestly, I'm not too enthused about the addition of signature skills to 2k13; seems like overkill to me.

I hope 2k tweaks gameplay so that the signature skills are noticeable but at the same time not overpowering.

Don't want to see someone like KD, or Kobe score 40 points in the 4th quarter alone because they're a "closer"

Honestly, I'm not too enthused about the addition of signature skills to 2k13; seems like overkill to me.

I hope 2k tweaks gameplay so that the signature skills are noticeable but at the same time not overpowering.

Don't want to see someone like KD, or Kobe score 40 points in the 4th quarter alone because they're a "closer"
why do I fear that will happen?

Not a fan of this sig skill crap either. Closers with the sig skill are just going to take over the last 2 minutes of a game easy and guys with the ankle breaker skill are going to get to the paint like nothing :smh:

I have this conversation relatively often with my brother. With a game like 2K you have to take the good with the bad. Basketball games always have and forever will be rife with cheese. Theres nothing you can do about it simply because of the way they have to be played. Can you really be mad at the developers for wanting to take their game to the next level feature and design wise, while knowing that it will bring about cheese? Cheese cant really be on their radar because if they let it, then forward progress will be stagnated, the problem of cheesing has to fall primarily on the player base.

I would love to see some things go like spin move dunk, high dunk in traffic ratings, euro step, and a couple of other things that are the cheesing staples, but what will that due for the real basketball experience that they re trying to create. I've just come to accept it at this point as a necessary evil and try to not let it bother me.

I have this conversation relatively often with my brother. With a game like 2K you have to take the good with the bad. Basketball games always have and forever will be rife with cheese. Theres nothing you can do about it simply because of the way they have to be played. Can you really be mad at the developers for wanting to take their game to the next level feature and design wise, while knowing that it will bring about cheese? Cheese cant really be on their radar because if they let it, then forward progress will be stagnated, the problem of cheesing has to fall primarily on the player base.

I would love to see some things go like spin move dunk, high dunk in traffic ratings, euro step, and a couple of other things that are the cheesing staples, but what will that due for the real basketball experience that they re trying to create. I've just come to accept it at this point as a necessary evil and try to not let it bother me.
euro steps are almost impossible in 2k12. The spin dunk is another story. I like the high dunk in traffic, makes the game fun. What I dont like is when the computer forces you to create space to be dunked on. How is it when I'm near the basket, I get forced closer to the basket to get dunked on?

Jeez, this is why 2k doesn't like giving all their information out.

Half of people in the forum just keep complaining, and nit picking the new features they bring each year. The sig skills make the game more "arcadish"? Have you even played the game yet? quoting NBA live that did it before (keep in mind, they made 6 styles, not 31), when was it acceptable to quote a series that has been trash for about 7 years? Let 2K cook, honestly the only eyebrow-raising change are the dunk contest controls.
You sound like the typical 2K fanboy. They are including the iso motion dribble and signature styles, both of which were features in the Live series of which Mike Wang was a part of at one point. Before the Elite debacle over at EA, Live was poised to be competitive once again starting with '10/ There's nothing wrong with being critical about the new features. We don't know how the new skills will work especially those that are designed around scoring. Good point raised here:

when is the demo supposed to drop 4 PS3?
nerd.gif
Considering 2Ks record, probably the week before or even the day of.

Fist question about Sig Skills: Is it stoppable doe?

Like someone else said, if its overpowering, almost like a power up, it could be a game killer.

Second question: Technically, wasn't this already in the game? Does Kobe not already fire up in the 4th?

Fist question about Sig Skills: Is it stoppable doe?

Like someone else said, if its overpowering, almost like a power up, it could be a game killer.

Second question: Technically, wasn't this already in the game? Does Kobe not already fire up in the 4th?

Truth, Blake already tries to dunk on people, CP3 and Rondo already cross people up, KD already hits big shots with a hand in his face....It seems like they are trying to slap a fancy lable on something that already existed to make it seem brand new

Yeah I agree hope 2K doesn't go over board with all these things they are incorporating.

Any other ratings released?

Back
Top Bottom