Official NBA 2k13 Thread

guys if you want easy wins, pick philly and keep taking 3's with nick young or jason richardson

:smh:

this dude almost beat me. he was taking fade away corner 3's with nick young and j rich. pretty much unstoppable until i started double teaming his ***. unfortunately, it was hard to stop him while he was double teamed, dudes fading out of bounds and hitting 3's like it's nothing.

fortunately for me, i hit a buzzer beater with rip to win the game. must've pissed him off

guys if you want easy wins, pick philly and keep taking 3's with nick young or jason richardson

:smh:

this dude almost beat me. he was taking fade away corner 3's with nick young and j rich. pretty much unstoppable until i started double teaming his ***. unfortunately, it was hard to stop him while he was double teamed, dudes fading out of bounds and hitting 3's like it's nothing.

fortunately for me, i hit a buzzer beater with rip to win the game. must've pissed him off

played with them last night & NY was on god mode........ fam couldnt miss & when he did hawes or yolo grabbed the reb & gave him another shot... i had one series were i had 8 2nd chance shots :x

played with them last night & NY was on god mode........ fam couldnt miss & when he did hawes or yolo grabbed the reb & gave him another shot... i had one series were i had 8 2nd chance shots
sick.gif
this years 2k is fundamentally... as far as flaws in gameplay, realism etc the worst in years... coupled with recycled graphic engines... this is basically comparable to hybrid nikes...

i mean i like it and play it...mainly because i love bball games and its the only choice. but to be honest its a 6.5 maybe 7 at best. and btw for console users did yall update also include updated shoes? i play pc and was playing at the barbershop and i noticed lebron/wade ws wearing last years models.

I still havent seen any update...or was it so small it didn't bring up a dl screen????

I still havent seen any update...or was it so small it didn't bring up a dl screen????
it has some international players and i believe some of the previous first rounders that werent currently in the game as well as sheed being on the knicks

For all of you MyPlayers, I have a question. I mean this with no disrespect, but do any of you enjoy the building up process of the mode? It seems that everyone in this thread wants to cheat, get boosted up quickly, start in 1 week, etc. I mean don't you want to struggle a little bit, play realistically, and EARN your position.
I know I am different but when I played MP, I enjoyed the struggle and treated it like an RPG. You all want to start the game off with Knights of the Roundtable instead of building your way up.

I like the REALISM of working to get good. the struggle, the ups and downs. one game score 20+ and play a lot of minutes.
The next game go 2-10 and play 10 minutes

Dunking: No matter what you do there is no defending a dunk, no matter who the dunker or defender is
Off the backboard dunk: no way to defend it

I am convinced they do this *** on purpose. Come on 2K........
This I played an online game with the clippers and literally Griffin was flyin over everybody.

eric gordon was dunking over noah & nazr all game... shiiii was pissing me off

HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO PLAY GOOD CONSISTENT DEFENSE? ANY TIPS? (not just one-on-one defense. That's fine. I mean overall team D)

I voiced by complaints about the "defense" a few pages back and still haven't found an effective way of playing it.

The help defense and rotations suck. There are too often open shooters, especially off of offensive rebounds. Even when I anticipate an open man or pass and try to switch to the appropriate defender and MANUALLY close out on a shooter, the game has this stupid "mangnet" where the defender I switch onto doesn't react to my commands - they lag for a few seconds - like it's the game's way of ensuring shooters get open shots.

It's infuriating especially when I know what's going to happen, I just can't do a damn thing about it. It's like the 2K equivalent of being paralyzed.

Last edited:
Just got this game last night. Didn't buy 2k12 so didn't know what to expect.

The controls are alot harder and I suck.
indifferent.gif

It seems like it will take 3.4 yrs before my player even avgs. 20-10 with this VC **** they got going on.

I've found that just staying infront of the man works pretty good. If you stay infront of them all the way to basket, they'll miss the layup 3/4 times, unless its a mismatch. Its almost clockwork. You may not get a block, but you still get rewarded with a missed shot.

on ball defense is magical, as long as the cpu doesn't get all captain save a and comes for the help D. the only player and i mean the only player i have had trouble defending is lebron. Manly because his strength is higher than most centers.

The on-ball defense is great, but everything going on with the other 4 defenders is terrible.

If the guy I'm defending gets into the paint even a little, then usually there's an open man and one of my defenders failing to rotate to him. Even if I switch over to that defender a second in advance, completely anticipating the pass to the open shooter.

I had no clue put back dunks were so easy to pull off 
laugh.gif
 I'm getting at least 2 a game in My Player

i dont get it... i avg 17, 5 and 5 coming off the bench for the Suns. 6'8 SG all around, my sig is Floor General and Alley Oop passer.
i shoot 45% from the trey

Mike Beasley gets hurt and instead of starting me, Jared Dudley gets the call. Dude is buns

me, Shannon Brown and Beasley avg 17...but i still dont start.

i started two games ago got 21, 7 and 7 and right back to the bench next game. im bout to ask for a trade but i like playing with the players on this team, 41-10...i need to work on my dunks bc i cant finish for crap.

only grip is how is a dude 6'8 and cant dunk, at least start me off with the weak one handers.

has anybody got their own shoe yet?

Things that HAVE to be fixed:

Dunking: No matter what you do there is no defending a dunk, no matter who the dunker or defender is
Off the backboard dunk: no way to defend it

To add to this,

Getting blocked on pump fakes, what the ****? How often does this happen?
Off the backboard anything: DC mentioned this before the game released I think, but some people shouldn't even be able to initiate a backboard pass to themselves in a real game setting, let alone be successful, so the fact that Mario ******g Chalmers completed a self-alley oop layup against me with a defender in his area, is a testament to the joke that is becoming quick matches online again.
FullCourt passing: I posted the vid in here but it has to be mentioned again, why 2KSports?, why? :smh:

I'm still buggin' over how things drastically changed from that early Tuesday morning on RD until now.

PlayVision settings being reset after every MyCareer game: Who are the testers 2K? Who are they?
Settings being reset after MyTeam games: Music will be turned down to 0, and most of my controller and coach settings will go back to OG settings

Most of what I can think of for now.

i dont get it... i avg 17, 5 and 5 coming off the bench for the Suns. 6'8 SG all around, my sig is Floor General and Alley Oop passer.

Mike Beasley gets hurt and instead of starting me, Jared Dudley gets the call. Dude is buns

i started two games ago got 21, 7 and 7 and right back to the bench next game. im bout to ask for a trade but i like playing with the players on this team, 41-10...i need to work on my dunks bc i cant finish for crap.

only grip is how is a dude 6'8 and cant dunk, at least start me off with the weak one handers.

has anybody got their own shoe yet?

Your player CAN dunk. You have to edit your player and equip it. Your dunking can be 99 but if you dont equip dunks, all your player is going to do is lay it up

How many TOs do you average? Also, so you sim a lot of games? If you do, how long are the quaters when you sim. Leaving it on the default 12 min could miss up the numbers.

damn that sucks to hear about the weaknesses, but it's always like this with every release. They always say how this years version is good, realistic, etc. then weeks later the problems start rearing its ugly heads after the initial novelty of the new stuff added wears off. Gameplay >>>>> Gimmicks. Wish 2k would realize this. Anyway I am still copping it later during BF because it's the only BBall game.

2k either gets one aspect of the defense right never both. Shame about team defense this year.

And watching these youtube vids of scrub players performing self alley oops when in real life you know damn well they could not do that. :smh: 2k is trolling adding that self alley for basically every player. :lol:

my dunk is on 35...i know is weak but still. i edited my dunks to give me special dunks and still nothing. my vertical is like 78.

i play every game 8 mins quarter. honestly i dont turn the ball over, prolly once a game...max 3.

Anyone else having the issue where there are no announcers while playing online just music playing?

Mad annoying and idk how to fix it. :nerd: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom