Official NBA 2k13 Thread

For all of you MyPlayers, I have a question. I mean this with no disrespect, but do any of you enjoy the building up process of the mode? It seems that everyone in this thread wants to cheat, get boosted up quickly, start in 1 week, etc. I mean don't you want to struggle a little bit, play realistically, and EARN your position.
I know I am different but when I played MP, I enjoyed the struggle and treated it like an RPG. You all want to start the game off with Knights of the Roundtable instead of building your way up.
I actually appreciate and love the build up process, just need a little extra boost haha. But in all seriousness, I love working your way up from the bottom and rising to prominence! I just need to find out how to not get the "Error communicating with the server" message so I can actually PLAY mycareer 

I've played the game extensively the past few days and I've keyed in on some things in the game that need to be fixed. I've had these things happen in various situations with different teams, players, etc.

Things that HAVE to be fixed:

Dunking: No matter what you do there is no defending a dunk, no matter who the dunker or defender is
Off the backboard dunk: no way to defend it

I also had the chance to play two of the worst cheesers in America who just so happen to be my cousins. One plays with the Heat and cherry picks with Lebron, final scores end up being 90something to 60 something and Lebron ends up with 40+ pts. I beat him once, so I have a strategy to beat him in the future. My other cousin only plays with the Lakers and plays off ball D 95% of the time.

Dunking: No matter what you do there is no defending a dunk, no matter who the dunker or defender is
Off the backboard dunk: no way to defend it

I am convinced they do this *** on purpose. Come on 2K........

Is anyone have this problem trying to defend the fastbreak? Sometimes when you try to switch to a the guy closest to the ball the
it goes all over the place, you can never instantly switch the right person unless you do icon switching which really kills the defense on the fastbreak, the same with happens to me with the pass, i basically have to do icon passing all the and even then the ball sometimes goes
to the wrong person...

Last edited:
^ From what I learned, fast break defensive AI logic is screwed up. And I have heard others complain about switching not being responsive. All I can suggest is go to OS and let the issue be known in the Bugs thread.

For all of you MyPlayers, I have a question. I mean this with no disrespect, but do any of you enjoy the building up process of the mode? It seems that everyone in this thread wants to cheat, get boosted up quickly, start in 1 week, etc. I mean don't you want to struggle a little bit, play realistically, and EARN your position.
I know I am different but when I played MP, I enjoyed the struggle and treated it like an RPG. You all want to start the game off with Knights of the Roundtable instead of building your way up.

I used to do the whole buildup process, but I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to finishing seasons and seasons of my player. At most ill get through maybe 2 season, and it's a lot more fun dominating those years than being a role player/6th man.

I use my player as kind of a way to practice for regular games. Playing locked to your player helps you get familiar with dribbling moves and calling plays etc, makes the regular games easier.

I don't really like to play sim at all though. My style of play is super arcade though - I like playing bball games for the highlight plays, not the extreme realism

no, it's stupid and unrealistic with the way 2k mycareer is. i understand it's a video game, but it gets extremely frustrating.

brb can't make jumpshots and i just got drafted top 10
brb can't dunk? (anyone in the nba can get up there to dunk, even if it's a squeeze)
brb your player is basically a scrub that should have been picked 60th

also, when you've built up your player from scratch each year, it gets boring and you just wanna win.

I used to do the whole buildup process, but I don't have a ton of time to dedicate to finishing seasons and seasons of my player. At most ill get through maybe 2 season, and it's a lot more fun dominating those years than being a role player/6th man.

I use my player as kind of a way to practice for regular games. Playing locked to your player helps you get familiar with dribbling moves and calling plays etc, makes the regular games easier.

I don't really like to play sim at all though. My style of play is super arcade though - I like playing bball games for the highlight plays, not the extreme realism

Why dont you just do create-a-player?

Come on 2KSports, I sung such high praises about the game on launch night, but then you guys go right back to catering to casuals in ranked matches. :smh: :x

Some prick did this to me with the Clippers. He had CP3 throw accurate, full court passes down the entire length of the court to Blake Griffin and spammed the hell out of the spin-dunk, I couldn't even get back of defense. Blake ended with 36 pts after the first half, I just turned the game off :smh:. Unacceptable.

Some prick did this to me with the Clippers. He had CP3 throw accurate, full court passes down the entire length of the court to Blake Griffin and spammed the hell out of the spin-dunk, I couldn't even get back of defense. Blake ended with 36 pts after the first half, I just turned the game off :smh:. Unacceptable.

same thing just happened to me on xbox.

the guys name is THA HOMICIDE.. would avoid at all costs.

and what's worse is that he's 26-0 :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :smh:

Last edited:
Yo help me out. I was playing my career yesterday while not signed into xbox live, so it said that I would have to play with skill points instead of virtual coins. Now I'm playing while signed into my xbox live and when I go to my career, it still shows a skill point balance instead of virtual coins. What should I do? I got 1500 virtual coins that I wanna use but they wont let me :\

what team would you guys choose for an online money association league: rockets, blazers, or magic

I like to play inside out, and then kick it out to shooters. And I usually sub in the entire bench for 1 quarter (2nd).

Yo help me out. I was playing my career yesterday while not signed into xbox live, so it said that I would have to play with skill points instead of virtual coins. Now I'm playing while signed into my xbox live and when I go to my career, it still shows a skill point balance instead of virtual coins. What should I do? I got 1500 virtual coins that I wanna use but they wont let me :\

Youre stuck on skill points now .. im sorry |I

Last edited:
Wow. Thats *******t. So basically I don't gain anything towards my career by playing quick matches, online, etc?

Last edited:

I like it. I'm like a 73, made rookie allstar, dunk contest, currently 1st for rookie of the year, and 2nd in nba MVP votes.

The only thing I don't like is how you're kind of regarded as a bum with no real highs school/ college stardom background. If you're going first round your overall shouldn't be a 63 or whatever at the start imo.

I usually do 2, a legit myplayer and a hacked one, but i've never even completed a season of myplayer just because it's too much of a schlep.

You should be able to choose what level you want to start at, though I doubt many people would choose scrub. Maybe you start out with superstar potential and wind up being a busts

Create-a-player doesn't have all the extras that myplayer has either.

I would also like to see the the talk to GM function implemented into Association.  For example you'd get visits from a player

whose morale is slipping, instead of those notes from the agent.

Has anyone seen any in game injuries?  I haven't seen any, i've had players injured but never in the game.
There have been a few instances where a player is fouled hard and they'll stay down for a while but that's it...
My player was injured, (finger) it was a pain playing with it, kept loosing the ball.

Last edited:
im in the all star and dunk contest, going for greatest all star weekend ever.also is my first all star game ever year 3

Back
Top Bottom