Votes: 29 49.2%
  • No. 24

Votes: 30 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Turner? No
Other bigs like Hassan, Deandre, Gobert, Capela, and Drummond aren’t that good on the block either.
You don’t need a post game to be effective as a big in 2017.

To be ELITE I think as a big you still need to be able to have a post game to utilize at least sometimes.

You can still be a real good player and get paid a **** ton like DJ, Gobert and Drummond but those type of dudes aren’t anchoring you on both sides of the floor and winning you a championship as your best player.

I can't see a post player winning you a chip as your best player anymore.

The rules have dictated you have to have an elite wing player.

To be ELITE I think as a big you still need to be able to have a post game to utilize at least sometimes.

You can still be a real good player and get paid a **** ton like DJ, Gobert and Drummond but those type of dudes aren’t anchoring you on both sides of the floor and winning you a championship as your best player.

The last time the best player on a championship team was a low post guy?

Shaq

Alright I can agree with you on that forsure.

I can't see a post player winning you a chip as your best player anymore.

The rules have dictated you have to have an elite wing player.

The last time the best player on a championship team was a low post guy?

Shaq

I’m not talking about your traditional back to the basket big winning you a championship or making your team a contender...I’m just saying you can’t be an ELITE big if you don’t have a post game to go to at least once in a while.

I’m not talking about your traditional back to the basket big winning you a championship or making your team a contender...I’m just saying you can’t be an ELITE big if you don’t have a post game to go to at least once in a while.

Do you consider Rudy Gobert elite?

Celtics With KG

KG was much more of a hybrid 4/5 like we see today with the likes of AD, KAT, etc. Just not out to 3 point range.

The majority of all chips have been won by dominant centers and dominant wings. The big man may be seeing a resurgence honestly, just not focus on low post. Embiid and KAT have great footwork and moves down low as well as Boogie, but they sprinkle in being a stretch big as well.

Embiid's 3 ball fell all the way off. I remember buc em having a fit when I said it would come down from the 50% he was at to start last season :lol:. It's almost half that now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom