Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the most miserable Rockets game I've watched all year

Man they are so dependent on Harden it isn't even funny. When he doesn't have it going they legit may be one of the worst teams in the league. It's incredible how they are in the playoff hunt right now.

Last edited:
Ryan Anderson averaging 17 points and 7 rebounds off the bench

sick.gif
thats only because anthony davis was out for a long stretch. since davis came back, anderson is avging 13 and 6 (still good for bench player) but has declined to 10 and 6 in the past 2 weeks

What's up with the two dudes at the Warriors-Hornets game rocking Lakers and Pacers jerseys :lol:

What is up with the Rockets?

Hate to say it but this is what people thought Harden would look like when he's not getting superstar calls.

Hate to say it but this is what people thought Harden would look like when he's not getting superstar calls.

Well here's the thing with Harden. He isn't a good jumpshooter. What makes him so efficient is the fact that he gets to the line. Without it, his FGA's increase and his Shooting percentage decreases. I could be wrong, but having been able to catch all six of the Rocket's losses in this streak, it looks like teams are finding a way to keep him off the line. You keep Harden off the line, and he's rendered average.

Harden needs a ratchet, badly. Especially with those bums that he plays with. Even when he does get to the free throw line, him not being able to consistently knock down a jumper makes life really tough for him. He also could just be going through a bad stretch. 4th or 5th straight game shooting terrible from the field. The rockets are free-falling. Not a good time for them to be doing this with The Mavericks and the Lakers on their heels, and playing good basketball.

Just wanted to say that my favorite game of the year happened tonight. Not only did the Spurs win, but they beat the team that I hate the most, and I got to watch it in person. If only Timmy and Many played. Duncan was basically coaching the team at one point it was :pimp:

They tried to hand me a go Hawks poster, I respectfully declined but now I feel like I should have taken it and threw it on the ground word to Andy Samberg.

Last edited:

Well here's the thing with Harden. He isn't a good jumpshooter. What makes him so efficient is the fact that he gets to the line. Without it, his FGA's increase and his Shooting percentage decreases. I could be wrong, but having been able to catch all six of the Rocket's losses in this streak, it looks like teams are finding a way to keep him off the line. You keep Harden off the line, and he's rendered average.

Harden needs a ratchet, badly. Especially with those bums that he plays with. Even when he does get to the free throw line, him not being able to consistently knock down a jumper makes life really tough for him. He also could just be going through a bad stretch. 4th or 5th straight game shooting terrible from the field. The rockets are free-falling. Not a good time for them to be doing this with The Mavericks and the Lakers on their heels, and playing good basketball.
Yep, this is exactly what I predicted when the trade went down and people were saying it was hate. If he's going to carry the offensive load he absolutely needs to develop a midrange game.

His defense is wack too.

Last edited:
I knew this was gonna be an ugly game before it even happened. :smh:

Its not too late to fix our offense. PLEASE SOMEBODY FIX IT!

And Hollinger trolling on Twitter during the game :lol:

Yep, this is exactly what I predicted when the trade went down and people were saying it was hate. If he's going to carry the offensive load he absolutely needs to develop a midrange game.

His defense is wack too.

their offense is basically give the ball to harden and let him run things. there is absolutely no ball movement until he takes a breather. if harden doesnt get the calls he is basically a volume shooter. he turns the ball over way too much and his 3 ball has abandoned him.

the talent on that squad isnt that great. lin (and whoever is playing pg) is basically handing off the ball to harden and standing at the 3 (which he cant hit) and they basically watch harden go to work. their PFs stand at the perimeter and cant grab a rebound to save their life (they make amare look like rodman). asik has no hands and is pretty useless in PnR since he cant catch the ball.

mchale is not a very good coach. he basically runs their starters out the whole gm at that crazy pace and they are starting to feel the effects. his in game adjustments are nonexistent and he cant draw up a play.

however, i do think harden is still a legit guy you can build around. they just need another max player (PF position)

You haven't watches James much if you think he's a bad jumpshooter. Dude was just barely off of 50/40/90 last season. Difference is now almost all of his shots are coming off his own dribble under extreme duress since he doesn't have another player who can create as well as he does and draw defensive attention. They have money to add another max guy, I was trying to think who would fit. Maybe Josh Smith. He doesn't really draw double teams but he is a borderline all star talent and fits right into their running system. Omer might be worth it because he is great on D and doesn't miss games, but Lin was not. Hell, you'd be better off with Jarrett Jack or Mo Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom