Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My boy Gerald Henderson...
sick.gif

Mike James...who do you think you are? I am.

*speaking of bowling - these ESPN commercials w/ the Busta song absolutely KILL me. Comedic GOLD. :lol:

I was so goddamn wrong about Paul George. :lol:

The Rockets are tailspining right now.

Sweet. :nerd:

My thoughts exactly :lol:

But seriously, it looks as if either Harden is A) Tired or B) Defenses are adjusting to him and not putting him on the line and this is what it would look like for him if he didn't get to the line.

alot of people just havent watched him enough to realize how good the guy is. He is a monster on both ends of the floor, and really takes pride in playing defense. But I was wrong when I said he was up there with Iggy and Rudy

Kobe gonna make All Defensive 1st Team over George :lol:

I was thinking about that, and since George has been playing SF most of the season, it will probably be Lebron over George....and since dude is the best on the planet, its pretty inevitable

People saying Westbrook wouldn't be KD's pippen need to just shut up and actually watch pippen and Jordan play together. Pippen was a beast. People talk about him like he was just there doing nothing. I remember watching games where pippen made the game changing play.

With that said, Westbrook and durrant make an unstoppable duo. I really believe that if OKC had a center it would be lights out for a couple seasons at least.

It's funny people are comparing Kobe putting up 30 shots to KD putting up 30 shots. When Kobe takes that 30+ shots it's guaranteed that at least 10 of em are BAD, just straight bad low-percentage shots. Out of KD's 30 shots last night, only a FEW of them you could say were bad or forced. The vast majority of em were shots he normally makes (especially in the 4th quarter). Dude could've easily had 60 last night if a few more of those 3's had dropped.

That's the difference.

Man, you already know the game is subjective.

Durant's shot is too pretty, and Westbrook soaks up all the ether like a biscuit.

The perfect situation.

Kobe ran the most entertaining attraction in the NBA and the coolest/most prestigious coach in the NBA off his team. People say it's the rape charges, but that was just something dudes were waiting for. He has to be great night in and night out, because it's his fault we had ot deal with Spurs-Pistons, Spurs-Nets, and whatever the **** that Heat-Mavs finals was. Just like when Bron and the Cavs ruined the Lakers-Cavs Finals we were all promised, and then Bron played hot potato with the Celtics and ran home...dudes were waiting for The Decision.

Nobody's waiting for a reason with Durant. He's got this little ADD Hulk running around to give people someone to blame when they lose. He never says, does or emotes the wrong thing, is loyal and no one would blame him if he didn't win a chip for a long time. We all accept that he can get bullied cuz of his lack of strength and skinny frame. We all accept that he's not the most talented guy at his position and that we have layers...LAYERS of bullet magnets waiting to get got before him. Perkins...Martin...Brooks...Westbrook...Presti.

He's the goldenboy of the NBA and as long as he keeps shooting well, growing and not making waves...he's good for the decade.

Oh, and his stroke is too smoove. [II]
It always feels like it's going in. [II]
You stay salty about KD because he leapfrogged the guy in your avi in just 3 years.

KD has a rep for being pretty efficient. He's on pace to have a season % wise that only 6 other players have done.

You just WAITING for people to have a reason to dislike KD but it hasn't happened yet. Keep wishing.

It's funny people are comparing Kobe putting up 30 shots to KD putting up 30 shots. When Kobe takes that 30+ shots it's guaranteed that at least 10 of em are BAD, just straight bad low-percentage shots. Out of KD's 30 shots last night, only a FEW of them you could say were bad or forced. The vast majority of em were shots he normally makes (especially in the 4th quarter). Dude could've easily had 60 last night if a few more of those 3's had dropped.

That's the difference.
Don't mind them dudes man.

We saw Lebron go through the same thing before the Decision. Dudes don't like for someone to be considered "the Golden Boy".

It's like a jealous sibling that can't wait for the brother/sister that the parents to consider perfect to get caught slipping.

That's the difference.

What about the 1 assist tho? I understand what your saying but kobe can shoot 90% n have 1 assist n people would scream ball hog

People saying Westbrook wouldn't be KD's pippen need to just shut up and actually watch pippen and Jordan play together. Pippen was a beast. People talk about him like he was just there doing nothing. I remember watching games where pippen made the game changing play.

With that said, Westbrook and durrant make an unstoppable duo. I really believe that if OKC had a center it would be lights out for a couple seasons at least.
Could say the same thing for Miami

Russy for Hibbert and we'll throw in DJ Augustine too

:nerd:

Which player has more of a rep of being a ball hog?

I'll wait.

it all comes down to people flat out just dont like kobe. Reputation my ***, 1 assist is 1 assist # dont lie. But im done cuz this thread will turn into something else. On another note is it possible were seeing the gsoat in the making in durant

^^^ sure, take durrant too while you're at it....

Russy for Hibbert and we'll throw in DJ Augustine too

:nerd:

thanks bro, you're so understanding :D

Nah let's talk about the Lakers.

jk..but really though, Holiday has been the best PG in the East. His offensive game is :pimp: .. midrange, floater, outside shot, and he can back smaller PGs down and do work. Looks very comfortable orchestrating the offense despite only having two decent finishers (Thaddeus Young and Evan Turner). Plus he is harassing on defense. It's a shame most people don't even watch him play.

Last edited:
People don't watch him play because the sixers aren't getting any wins. As of right now, he is the only bright spot in Philly. The sixers need to make a move and get more finishers around him.

This might be asking the obvious, but when did the NBA stop using flex scheduling when it comes to the games on National TV?

It sucks that Indiana and GSW get practically no burn but the Mavs and Lakers be on EVERY week :x

That's the difference.

What about the 1 assist tho? I understand what your saying but kobe can shoot 90% n have 1 assist n people would scream ball hog
Kobe can't shoot 90%, dude struggles to hit 55 most nights. And again, this is only the 5th time in his entire career KD has surpassed 30 shots. Hasn't Kobe shot 40 times in a game more often than that? 52 on 33 shots, I'll take, as opposed to those 41 on 40 shots Kobe is famous for. 1 assist, yea normally he has more. Who has an entire starting lineup or current or former all stars with more off the bench?

My only real complaint with KD's game last night is he always gets destroyed by Vince's old ***, or really any 3 who can knock down open corner and wing 3s, the whole chronic overhelping thing we never seem to correct. And in 4th quarter/ot moments, our offense is 100% Russ and KD with everyone else standing around, but again that's a longstanding problem that just has yet to be addressed and not a function of KD trying to "get his.".

Can we discuss how much Jrue Holiday has been balling?
no-no-no-HELL-NO.gif

Nah, they play that boring *** E.C style ball. Not until they're better than bottom 5 in the league in scoring. Nothing that goes on over there on the right coast counts outside of Miami and NYC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom