Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From "risk" and "project" to "greatest teenager of all time"?

That's what ESPN is projecting for Pistons rookie Andre Drummond, who won't turn 20 until August.

Using the popular metric system PER (Player Efficiency Rating), Drummond's PER of 21.9, if it keeps up, will be the highest for any teenager in NBA history. Higher than MVP's LeBron James and Kobe Bryant, as well as Carmelo Anthony and Tracy McGrady.

In fact, ESPN is starting to catch up with what some league execs who passed on Drummond feared: That the most apt comparison for the 6-foot-10, 270-pound big man is Lakers center Dwight Howard.

This Lebron and MJ talk doesn't matter. New greatest of all time coming for you

This thread used to be one of the best on NT. Now we have guys claiming that Mike was overrated, Vince was somehow underrated (maybe the most offensive thing I ever read on NT) We're using 2007 arguments against 2013 Lebron, and Wade carried a guy that went 38, 8, 7, 3, 1. Wade did that by going 27, 5 and 4. #Confused

We're at a new height for stupid here. All we need to top all this off is the league is all scared of the Nuggets going all the way, Brook Lopez being the best rebounder in the NBA, and the Rockets are a defensive juggernaut.
laugh.gif
yall go back and forth with some of these dudes is the problem. read over them or just block them if its that big of a deal. we all know those comments are stupid

2004 Finals are to Kobe as the 2011 Finals are to LeBron.

I'll admit that he had a Horrendous Finals that year by his standards but the difference btwn him & Brons 11 finals that Kobe attempted. If Lebron was aggressive and tried and the shot wasn't falling ok cool no matter how good you are sometimes you just cant do it all fine.

The problem with that finals appearance was that he absolutely wanted no parts of the big games. Their were times in that finals where he's being defended by a 35 yr old J.kidd or J. Terry and he was taking fadeaway Jumpshots from 3. Driving the lane and fumbling the rock. There is no other way to explain it other then him being scared... When you factor in Dallas personnel that year, The Heat should have never came close to losing and its DIRECTLY his fault.

Kobe was playing against a Pistons squad that is considered one of the best defensive teams of the past few decades & was the only effective peremiter player on that LA Squad.

2004 Finals are to Kobe as the 2011 Finals are to LeBron.

I see what you're saying, but they came up short in completely different ways. Kobe tried(unsuccessfully) to take over the 2004 series and shot WAY too much(38%, took over 100 more shots than Shaq). Lebron probably should have tried harder to take over the series instead of deferring. One tried too hard, the other it seems didn't try hard enough.

My opinion: If you switch roles/mindsets between the 2, they probably both win Championships those years.

I havent read a post in this thread since 1 because I can tell by looking at the previews that this is still going on
mean.gif

I see what you're saying, but they came up short in completely different ways. Kobe tried(unsuccessfully) to take over the 2004 series and shot WAY too much(38%, took over 100 more shots than Shaq). Lebron probably should have tried harder to take over the series instead of deferring. One tried too hard, the other it seems didn't try hard enough.

My opinion: If you switch roles/mindsets between the 2, they probably both win Championships those years.

Lmaoo this is absolutely true

People in this thread say people are 'trolls' for no reason

Do y'all know what troll is?

In this thread, having an unpopular opinion = troll smh

I might be an idiot, but I'm not a troll
SMH, i agree. how is it trolling if you have an other opinion.

yall need to read up on what a troll is..
Saying outlandish things for attention and to divert the discussion away from topics.

Saying Michael Jordan is "good" and doesn't deserve to be in the conversation with Kobe and Lebron is an absurd statement, one that no knowledgeable basketball fan should have. Saying Dwight Howard, when he was healthy and single-handedly making Orlando an elite defensive team is bad on defense.. is a trollish statement. It's not true, it's not a "other opinion", and you don't back it up whatsoever. 

You're both trolls. And it's partially our fault for responding to you. Moving on...

Last edited:
Did ya'll see how "creative" and confident Lebron was in the first half of the Golden State game to get his 20,000?  Why can't he be that creative and confident with the last shot.....I'm tired of seeing pick and rolls with 10 secs on the clock and then watch him pass to an inferior player.  "the right basketball play" is for equal talent.  When you are the best in the biz you gotta get the job done.

Nobody else notices that his "creative" ball handling and moves only come out when he's "feeling" good?  There's something that goes through his head in final moments thats not normal for superstar perimeter players. In 10 years he hasn't jab stepped one way. Took 2 dribbles the other way and elevated over the D for a mid-range game winner.  I don't get it.

Ready for the Lebron riders to come at me and attack me instead of having a decent, respectful basketball convo.

Did ya'll see how "creative" and confident Lebron was in the first half of the Golden State game to get his 20,000?  Why can't he be that creative and confident with the last shot.....I'm tired of seeing pick and rolls with 10 secs on the clock and then watch him pass to an inferior player.  "the right basketball play" is for equal talent.  When you are the best in the biz you gotta get the job done.

Nobody else notices that his "creative" ball handling and moves only come out when he's "feeling" good?  There's something that goes through his head in final moments thats not normal for superstar perimeter players. In 10 years he hasn't jab stepped one way. Took 2 dribbles the other way and elevated over the D for a mid-range game winner.  I don't get it.

Ready for the Lebron riders to come at me and attack me instead of having a decent, respectful basketball convo.
The irony, of course, is you ask for a decent, respectful convo yet you start it off by calling people "Lebron riders". 

I think the psychoanalyzing of LeBron and assuming we know what goes on in his head is usually a bad place to start a conversation. Basketball fans pretending they're shrinks.. I don't get it.

LeBron's size and passing skills means a pick and roll is a great play in crunch time. Why do I want the athletic freak of nature taking two dribbles and a pull-up? Why wouldn't I want him charging towards the rim, either getting fouled, getting a lay-up, hitting an open man OR pulling up? It's a smart play.

Last edited:
The irony, of course, is you ask for a decent, respectful convo yet you start it off by calling people "Lebron riders". 

I think the psychoanalyzing of LeBron and assuming we know what goes on in his head is usually a bad place to start a conversation. Basketball fans pretending they're shrinks.. I don't get it.

LeBron's size and passing skills means a pick and roll is a great play in crunch time. Why do I want the athletic freak of nature taking two dribbles and a pull-up? Why wouldn't I want him charging towards the rim, either getting fouled, getting a lay-up, hitting an open man OR pulling up? It's a smart play.

Lebron actually drive toward the hoop when it's crunch time? When was this?

Lebron actually drive toward the hoop when it's crunch time? When was this?
This.  He hasn't drove with the game on the line since he killed the Wizards
laugh.gif

He should be able to drive and get a bucket, a foul, or both.  Not throw a pocket pass to Haslem.  He should be able to create a jumper for himself.  I'm not saying he can't but he hasn't.  Lebron doesn't even need a pick to draw the D and find an open man.  Everytime he gets a pick he gets doubled.  So basically you guys are happy with the best player in the world having a play ran for him that will almost guarantee he passes?  I just don't get it. 

I also think he doesn't want to go to the FT line with the game on the line...

In 10 years he hasn't jab stepped one way. Took 2 dribbles the other way and elevated over the D for a mid-range game winner.

That's almost exactly how he closed out the Bulls in '11.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom