Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get how Drose is ahead of schedule than Rubio is....when he got hurt a month before rose did. Rose been shooting jump shots for weeks while Rubio hasn't even started cutting yet....anyways what's y'all take on Austin Rivers will he get enough PT for at least being considered Roy?

I don't get how Drose is ahead of schedule than Rubio is....when he got hurt a month before rose did. Rose been shooting jump shots for weeks while Rubio hasn't even started cutting yet....anyways what's y'all take on Austin Rivers will he get enough PT for at least being considered Roy?
I was just thinking this too... and if there were rumors of D Rose sitting out the season, what does that mean for Rubio 
laugh.gif

Miami getting 96.7% of the vote means literally everyone asked pick them except for Spo because he can't

Dude said he thinks the Sixers "could maybe be a 6th seed and maybe make the 2nd round again".
The Sixers are going be really, really good this year. Preseason or not, that team looks READY and doesn't even have Bynum playing yet. He starts practicing full out with them in a few days...I can't wait to see what they look like with him in there.
like i have said the most overrated team in the offseason

yall counting on bynum to be something he never has in his career.
Nick Young has been KILLING in the preseason, as has Dorrell Wright. Between those two, J-Rich, Jrue, Thad Young and Bynum you don't really need a real "finisher" to close games
ummmmmmmmm YES YOU DO. the samething we bash indy and denver for is the same for philly. come playoff time who is the take over in the 4th QTR guy? you dont have that.

I don't have a man crush on Terrance Williams like most NT'ers do but I'd certainly take him on the Wizards over Jan ******g Vesley

I don't have a man crush on Terrance Williams like most NT'ers do but I'd certainly take him on the Wizards over Jan ******g Vesley
Whats the deal with Jan Vesley?? Other than slobbering all over his wifey at the draft, I haven't heard about him since

He literally doesn't offer anything on the basketball court besides running and jumping.

Last edited:
Miami favored in many of those polls, and deservedly so. Proving that they can destroy teams when LeBron is on makes them the clear cut favorite to win it all.

Can literally doesn't offer anything on the basketball court besides running and jumping.

Apparently he sets amazing picks. :rolleyes :lol:

We pretty much drafted a guy #6 overall who does the little things that dont show up in the stat sheet. Could have gotten that in the 2nd round w/ a player out of Duke. Sorry, Dre.

He's a bust.

I was just thinking this too... and if there were rumors of D Rose sitting out the season, what does that mean for Rubio :lol:

Exactly :smh:

I'm a little suprised how far the Lakers are ahead of OKC in that poll with respect to who is going to win the West. IMO, getting Nash and Howard didn't really address the issues that made the Thunder a bad match up for the Lakers. The Lakers still don't have anyone who can stop Westbrook or Durant. Howard will help defensively more than Bynum did, and Nash is obviously an upgrade overs Sessions (aside from the age), but I still OKC as being tough for the Lakers to beat. Looks like the majority of GMs don't see it the same way.

I'm a little suprised how far the Lakers are ahead of OKC in that poll with respect to who is going to win the West. IMO, getting Nash and Howard didn't really address the issues that made the Thunder a bad match up for the Lakers. The Lakers still don't have anyone who can stop Westbrook or Durant. Howard will help defensively more than Bynum did, and Nash is obviously an upgrade overs Sessions (aside from the age), but I still OKC as being tough for the Lakers to beat. Looks like the majority of GMs don't see it the same way.

Who does?

It's the Thunder's team athleticism that will overwhelm the Lakers. MWP does a decent job on Durant, all things considered. But Westbrook and Harden are so difficult to match up with. They start those three or four minute runs, which leads to double digit deficits.

Last edited:
Last year showed that even with all the flaws, LA was controlling a couple of those games until late. Part of their issue was ZERO shooting from our PG, (addressed) and Bynum's lack of movement on pick and roll defense (addressed) Add those two things, and TRY not to run old guys for 40 minutes a night all year, and things look a little different.

We're certainly not locks to handle OKC, but we're in much better position than we were last year with Sessions/Bynum.

Biggest problem will be if OKC just decides to charge at Dwight over and over and over and get him into foul trouble asap. And I would think that would be the plan of attack.

I was in love with T-Will's game when he came into the NBA, so disappointed he hasn't panned out.

I just hope he can turn into a decent role player someday.

OKC has the advantage vs LA much like MIA had vs Boston this past year. Their top end guys can go the distance and take advantage of the opposing 2nd unit. Considering LA has 4 impact guys, Mike Brown should be able to mix and match things to balance out, but who knows if that will happen.

I can't wait to see them go up against each other. WCF will be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom