Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the original person who said Stephen has hall of fame potential and people started flipping out like I said he should get in now.

Anyone see the details to the blatche accusations? he is donezo.

source?

From what I'm reading he wasn't involved...only being questioned.

Brooklyn Nets forward Andray Blatche is questioned about an alleged rape at the Four Seasons hotel in Philadelphia, but cops say he was not involved and simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...r-sex-assault-article-1.1235584#ixzz2HQhoDNmH

Memphis will shoot themselves in the foot if they trade Rudy for Dudley

O RLY?

Rudy is terrible, he's not a winning basketball player and he's still owed over $53 mil through 2015. The Grizz were better off without him when they made their run 2 years ago. Dudley is a very solid, underrated player with a great contract AND Phoenix wants to throw in a 1st rounder too? That's a steal.
Still a stupid trade.

and Memphis WILL still get there *** whooped in the first round with Dudley. At least with Rudy you still have a chance to make it to the second round, and he can easily give you 20pts and 5 boards a game.

Dudley, can't, consistently, ever.

I know Dud can shoot the 3, but have yall seen Dudley's 3PM-A the last 6 games? He's 5 for 22 :x

Grizz doing Rudy filthy if this goes down, while Phoniex or GWS doing the

Think about this guys...

If you're Pera, Hollinger and Levien, you have been running this franchise for about 2 months. Most of the people in Memphis and even national media think this Grizzlies team is the real deal. Since 06-07, this team was considered a complete joke til 2010-11. Heisley had a 3 year plan to turn this team into a contender and that's why he retained the core. Did he overpay for a few? Yes. But, this team is really good and there is no clear cut #1 in the West this season.

Now, being new in the front office, do you trade away your 2nd/3rd best player in the midst of being 22-10, 3.5 games from a 1st seed, possibly winning your division and having the best defense in the league, do you simply risk messing up chemistry, the possibility of becoming less of a title threat, etc?

Do you know the type of backlash the front office will receive if they moved Rudy before even seeing the core players healthy in the playoffs, and the team doesn't even do well in the playoffs (meaning at least get to the WCF?). They would have to really make a splash in the offseason for fans to actually support the team after doing something like that. BUT, if you keep the core together and get under the tax by moving a bench player, you allow the fans to see if this team can really make some noise (if they remained healthy). If they don't, you have no worries because you proved that the team wasn't good enough. NOW, you can move Rudy/ZBO or whoever for more than likely the SAME exact **** you gonna get now moving them midseason.

That's the way I'm thinking about it. I can't fault this current front office for not moving Rudy last offseason, because they wasn't even there at the time (except Wallace, but he was under Heisley of course). But, I will fault them if this entire thing blows up in their face. Its hard for it to blow up in your face if you decide to retool in the offseason after losing in the playoffs with the same core. But, there's a greater chance of that happening if you retool midseason, lose in the 1st or 2nd round, then not have a clue of what you're doing after getting rid of one of your best trade assets midseason.

Reports are saying Blatche was there, but he isn't being charged as of now... He's just a witness. The girl was too drunk to be a witness apparently, but she claimed 2 men raped her while others watched. They also found a date rape drug in the hotel room & pics on Blatche's phone :nerd:

Last edited:
So, Over/Under on Kobe taking 40 shots tonight?

And any trade where Dudley is the main piece for Memphis trading away Rudy they are getting hosed. Dudley is no Marc Gasol from the Lakers. Hes not going to develop into ****. Hes where hes gonna be. A decent 3pt threat. But he is hit or miss, and most nights hes a miss.

Dudley is a tough, tough defender, and more than a hit-or-miss player.

But it's not what the Grizzlies need. They need instant-offense.

A guy like JJ Barea would thrive on that team, or even a Lou Williams kinda guy.

So, Over/Under on Kobe taking 40 shots tonight?
And any trade where Dudley is the main piece for Memphis trading away Rudy they are getting hosed. Dudley is no Marc Gasol from the Lakers. Hes not going to develop into ****. Hes where hes gonna be. A decent 3pt threat. But he is hit or miss, and most nights hes a miss.

They probably fooled themselves into thinking Dudley = Shane Battier IN 2011

Last edited:
Maybe you guys see something I dont. The way I see him is that he has no ability to create his own shot. He sits on the 3pt line and waits for a kick out. Nothing he has done shows me he could be "The guy"

Or is Memphis banking on Zach Randolph being "The Guy"? If I was going to trade someone it would be Randolph and try to get a shooter to spread the floor. Marc is one of, if not the best passing big man in the league. Clear the paint for him and let him make decisions to go to the rack or kick out to shooters when the double comes. You need a guy down the stretch who can create like Rudy. And with a lineup of Conely/Tony Allen/Dudley/Randolph/Gasol I wouldnt trust any of those guys to create their shot and convert consistently.

But im not too informed about Memphis' situation. Is Z Bo tradeable?

Last edited:
Someone reported that Memphis looked into trading ZBo too. They're making like they want to blow up an underachieving team out of the playoff race, not run a team that is scary and is currently 3.5 games behind first in the conference.

Even if Rudy Gay is underachieving or not as special as he should be, he has some role in the team's success...

Reports are saying Blatche was there, but he isn't being charged as of now... He's just a witness. The girl was too drunk to be a witness apparently, but she claimed 2 men raped her while others watched. They also found a date rape drug in the hotel room & pics on Blatche's phone :nerd:

That's a bad look

source?
From what I'm reading he wasn't involved...only being questioned.

CENTER CITY - January 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Brooklyn Nets player was questioned by Philadelphia police and two other men remain in custody after a reported sex assault inside a Center City hotel.

Authorities were called to the Four Seasons Hotel on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway around 3:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Arriving officers found a highly-intoxicated 21-year-old woman who told police she'd been raped.

Sources say she'd been in hotel suite 663 with six men, friends of hers, including 26-year-old Brooklyn Nets forward Andray Blatche.

The suite, sources say, was being rented by Blatche.

The woman told investigators at least two of the men raped her and the others saw what was happening.

According to sources, Blatche met the alleged victim at Delilah's gentlemen's club on Spring Garden Street. They say she and two other women went to the Four Seasons around 3:30 a.m.

Crime scene investigators spent the afternoon in the suite occasionally emerging with evidence bags.

As the investigation progressed, Action News learned investigators found samples of the date rape drug in the suite.

We have also learned police have Andray Blatche's cell phone with compromising pictures of the alleged victim.

Rest of Article in Link

In fairness, this is kinda similar to what happened to players on the St. John's b-ball team back in the early/mid 00's. Cell phone recordings/photos is what got the charges dismissed. Gonna be interesting to see how all of this plays out.

Last edited:

So he did what those 14 year old kids did?

:smh:

I hope u just saw C WEbb keys to the game hahahhaha

Kobe to shoot
Kobe to control
Kobe to coach
Kobe to score the last shot

Etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom