[td]
tumblr_mgbejh9KWK1rge74zo1_250.jpg
[/td]

[/TR]
[TR]
[td]Sixers wanted Maynor. (Getty Images)[/td]

[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/FLOAT]The Philadelphia 76ers are enjoying a fantastic season from point guard Jrue Holiday after signing the fourth-year player to a four-year, $41 million contract extension in October.
He's averaging career highs in points, assists and rebounds, and he is shooting a career-best 45 percent from the field. Any doubts of him living up to his new contract that could be worth roughly $46 million with "reachable" incentives have been quickly put to rest, but that doesn't mean he doesn't need help on the court or a break from running the team.
The Sixers have struggled to find an acceptable backup point guard option with Maalik Wayns (recently waived) and Royal Iveyboth providing minutes behind Holiday, but not really doing the job. This reportedly led to the Sixers trying to pluck backup point guard Eric Maynor away from the Oklahoma City Thunder. John Mitchell of the Philadelphia Inquirer tweeted:

According to a source with the knowledge of the situation, the Sixers explored a trade for OKC guard Eric Maynor.

Maynor is coming off of an ACL tear in January 2012 and has really struggled to regain the form that made him such a valuable backup point guard before his injury. He's shooting just 30.6 percent from the field and has a player-efficiency rating of just 7.6, well below the averaging PER rating of 15.
Looking at the contracts of players on the two teams, the options the Sixers would have to offer in a straight up deal would be Maynor for Kwame Brown or Maynor for Lavoy Allen. They could also package Arnett Moultrie and Damien Wilkins for Maynor.
I, for one, am shocked the Thunder didn't push for Kwame Brown here.

Ridiculous if/that the Thunder rejected that proposal. Either of those trades makes us better. In fact, give me Kwame and now I KNOW I can get rid of Perk somehow. Reggie is better than Maynor at this point and they have been playing KD as the point forward with the bench line up a lot plus he and Russ play around 40 minutes lately anyways. I figure everyone, including Maynor, has to see the writing on the wall that he is about to get dealt. I wish him well. It's just unfortunate he couldn't regain his form. Remember after the Dallas series 2 yrs ago there was even talk we should trade or bench Westbrook (craziness IMO but it was out there) or bench Thabo and start them both. From "the best backup in the league" to only getting mopup minutes now because of an ACL

New Bucks coach Jim Boylan will insert Ersan Ilyasova into his starting lineup immediately.
Despite a brand new $40 million contract, Ilyasova was buried deep in Scott Skiles' doghouse, playing just 22.8 minutes per game. Boylan is about to change that. "He is a vital part of our success," Boylan said. "We need him feeling good about his game, playing well, being productive. So that's step one for us right now."

:pimp:. Maybe with a good showing the lakers will trade for him. :tongue:

Last edited:
Ridiculous if/that the Thunder rejected that proposal. Either of those trades makes us better. In fact, give me Kwame and now I KNOW I can get rid of Perk somehow. Reggie is better than Maynor at this point and they have been playing KD as the point forward with the bench line up a lot plus he and Russ play around 40 minutes lately anyways. I figure everyone, including Maynor, has to see the writing on the wall that he is about to get dealt. I wish him well. It's just unfortunate he couldn't regain his form. Remember after the Dallas series 2 yrs ago there was even talk we should trade or bench Westbrook (craziness IMO but it was out there) or bench Thabo and start them both. From "the best backup in the league" to only getting mopup minutes now because of an ACL

shades of Shaun Livingston? Once your damaged goods, it's hard for a team to trust you basically. Pretty messed up really. :smh:

I remember when NT couldnt get enough of this bum Wall... How times have changed.
Make or break year for John Wall and he will break. Never liked the dude, he came into the league wildly over rated and hasnt lived up to the hype by any stretch of the imagination (leads the league in turnovers since his arrival).
And now hes fat. The downslope continues.

What's worse than paying Rudy Gay over $50M the next 3 years? Paying Richard Jefferson $21M over the next 2 years.

so when the Grizz need a bucket late game, who they going to give it to? Gasol? Zbo? Conley? :smh: :x

Last edited:
Everyone wants to highlight the last 2 minutes of a game for Rudy Gay, but ignore the first 46 minutes when he's coasting.

By Dudley, are u referring to that bum Jared Dudley? If so, :rofl:

Kobe's gonna go for 45 tonight. Lakers will still lose by 15.

Memphis will shoot themselves in the foot if they trade Rudy for Dudley
O RLY?

Rudy is terrible, he's not a winning basketball player and he's still owed over $53 mil through 2015. The Grizz were better off without him when they made their run 2 years ago. Dudley is a very solid, underrated player with a great contract AND Phoenix wants to throw in a 1st rounder too? That's a steal.

Is it still an unknown mystery that Rudy "coasts"? His defense has been good this season. I want someone that can give us buckets in the last two minutes of a game when it counts. We have the best or 2nd best defense in the league and RUdy is our leading scorer while "coasting".

I didn't think it was a bad thing to have your 3rd best player being Rudy Gay. For your 3rd best player to be Mike Conley or Jared Dudley on a team where your top two options aren't even top 20 players, means trouble.

One thing people seem to forget. Its not the first 36 minutes that's the Grizzlies problem in a game. Its the last 12 minutes when the team struggles to execute. Taking away your best clutch player down the stretch isn't going tom ake things better. You just gonna end up with ZBO taking a long 3 FTW (Spurs series), Conley or Vasquez desperation 3's (OKC series) instead of a using pure talent to make a bucket.

Last edited:
looking at the lakers starting line up :x
omer asik might go 20/20 if his hands are able to catch the balls tonight

im not even gonna criticize kobe if he decides to chuck the ball up 50 times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom