Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really doesn't matter if the Grizzlies trade Rudy or not, as they're screwed.

Rudy isn't great enough to elevate the Grizzlies and he's not going to get enough back if traded to elevate the Grizzlies. Might as well be more cost effective in being a "fringe contender".

Last edited:
O RLY?

Rudy is terrible, he's not a winning basketball player and he's still owed over $53 mil through 2015. The Grizz were better off without him when they made their run 2 years ago. Dudley is a very solid, underrated player with a great contract AND Phoenix wants to throw in a 1st rounder too? That's a steal.

Although I wouldn't call Gay terrible, I basically agree with you. I don't like the trade for Phoenix. Rudy is a better player than Dudley, but he's not a guy you build a team around. With his contract, this a move that will just ensure that the Suns stay mediocre, at best.

Is Jamal Crawford a fringe HOF'er just because of the obscure records he holds? Like would they put a lil Jamal Crawford plaque in there that says

"Jamal Crawford: The only player to score 50 points for 3 different teams."

"Jamal Crawford: NBA record holder for 4 point plays"

Am I the only one that like the Gay deal for the Grizz? I really don't think Dudley is too much of a dropoff there if at all really.

Is Jamal Crawford a fringe HOF'er just because of the obscure records he holds? Like would they put a lil Jamal Crawford plaque in there that says

:stoneface:

Am I the only one that like the Gay deal for the Grizz? I really don't think Dudley is too much of a dropoff there if at all really.
It's a lateral move that will save the team money.

Ideally the Grizzlies could get a SF that can shoot well and be a decent ball handler all while saving them money, but there's no one on the trade market like that I think.

Last edited:

I like the deal if that pick is unprotected. or like top 2 protected. Dudley fits here, but I just never agreed with the notion that we aren't contenders. And from a front office point of view, Vernon is saying they want to cut salary but keep the teams chances high of contending with a deal.

If one of the teams main problems is 3 point shooting and we improve it, then what? Then, it'll be that we don't have a guy that can make big shots in crunch time. Welp, we would have traded him away. :lol:

If we move Rudy, this team will only go as far as ZBO, Marc and Conley will take us. I'm confident in Conley elevating his game come playoff time, as he did the past two playoffs. After seeing that performance ZBO (hurt) and Marc (not being aggressive) put on last season, I'm not sure how well they will play without a legit 3rd scorer. Since the deal is supposedly "dead", I guess we will have to see what else comes along. I think Rudy will be gone by the end of the week, though.

Last edited:
Rudy cooked KD on both ends in their first meeting this yr. I like the trade for Memphis. I agree his contract is albatross and Dudley is the type of game that fits better on a contender than a team where he is expected or asked to do more. He makes 3s at higher rate (39% to Rudy's 32%, 40.5 and 34.5 career), shoots better from the field i.e doesn't force shots, shooting 49% to Rudy's 40% and does the "little things," like play defense and flop. I still remember the play against the Lakers when he stole the tip then admitted he knew it was illegal but did it anyways because he figured they wouldn't call it. He's good enough to start or willing to come off the bench. I'd take him in OKC in a minute. In fact looking at the ramnifications just at that potential matchup, he'll score 25 on us on 10 shots. Guarantee it. OKC, KD in particular, makes 40% 3pt shooters shoot 75% and gives up career highs on an almost nightly basis. As for the end of game thing with Memphis, I don't know 1-5 pick and roll with shooters on the wing. High low with Zbo or Gasol, or hell get creative and run a 4-5 pick and roll like Duncan and DRob used to do sometimes.

Last edited:
Would you take Dudley over Kevin Martin though?

"Grizz CEO Jason Levien, whom principal owner Robert Pera was entrusted to run the franchise, is gauging the value of several players on the roster. There also have been exploratory trade conversations centered on forward Zach Randolph. The Sacramento Kings are one of the teams that the Griz recently held preliminary talks with, according to a league source."

Last edited:
Umm, no because nobody on our bench scores when we go with the full bench lineup so we need Martin to take over offensively for those short stretches .

Problem with Kevin Martin though is when his shot isn't falling, which has happened a few times lately and some earlier in the season, he gives literally NOTHING else and he has to be one of, if not the, worst defender at his position. Also, he's on a ~13mil ending contract, does he want to stay here (says he does) enough to give us a contender discount because we'll be 4mil from the tax assuming we don't resign Maynor. He's going to have a really efficient season and has been healthy up to this point so there will be suitors but he's about to be 30 at the same time. I feel like I offer him 3 yrs/20mil, if he wants more then deuces. We still have Lamb rotting on the bench/in Tulsa playing in the D League. Some guy on Dailythunder made some formula in Excel based on pass contacts that determined his worth to be 3yrs 29.5mil or something so I'm asking a huge discount. Again, you're 30 and this is only the 2nd time you have been on a 50 win team. Russ might look you off a lot, but you're still getting your #s and it's a chance to win a ring maybe.

If I can get Dudley back in some deal revolving aroud getting Gortat, I'm all about that though. I know they're young and appear to be bulletproof, but I'd like for KD and Russ to not have to play 40+ minutes every night, get some quality depth and/or a coach who will play everybody.

I wonder how Tyreke would look in a Thunder jersey though in the same place and if he'd accept that role. Wet dreaming I know, in fact NO chance because of the whole drive by thing but just thinking out loud.

Last edited:

What?!?! :x ....so now it's steph curry and then Jamal Crawford some of y'all must of just been born I swear, stop the foolishness with all the HOF talk

Solarius ask the wierdest questions man
laugh.gif
 Probably not, but its a solid career that will constantly get brought up when analysts are talking.
More likely than Steph Curry at this point
Lets not do this agian.

What?!?!
sick.gif
....so now it's steph curry and then Jamal Crawford some of y'all must of just been born I swear, stop the foolishness with all the HOF talk
Seems like no one knows what the word POTENTIAL means

Last edited:
When you speak HOF it's about numbers and chips one or the other...your resume got to look good CONSISTENTLY see I put that in caps

What?!?! :x ....so now it's steph curry and then Jamal Crawford some of y'all must of just been born I swear, stop the foolishness with all the HOF talk
Seems like no one knows what the word POTENTIAL means

When did he say 'potential'? :nerd:

Why does the video say Dudley punks Griffin?? :lol:

He didn't do anything but wolf :lol: :smh:

I was the original person who said Stephen has hall of fame potential and people started flipping out like I said he should get in now.

Anyone see the details to the blatche accusations? he is donezo.

Umm, no because nobody on our bench scores when we go with the full bench lineup so we need Martin to take over offensively for those short stretches .
Problem with Kevin Martin though is when his shot isn't falling, which has happened a few times lately and some earlier in the season, he gives literally NOTHING else and he has to be one of, if not the, worst defender at his position. Also, he's on a ~13mil ending contract, does he want to stay here (says he does) enough to give us a contender discount because we'll be 4mil from the tax assuming we don't resign Maynor. He's going to have a really efficient season and has been healthy up to this point so there will be suitors but he's about to be 30 at the same time. I feel like I offer him 3 yrs/20mil, if he wants more then deuces. We still have Lamb rotting on the bench/in Tulsa playing in the D League. Some guy on Dailythunder made some formula in Excel based on pass contacts that determined his worth to be 3yrs 29.5mil or something so I'm asking a huge discount. Again, you're 30 and this is only the 2nd time you have been on a 50 win team. Russ might look you off a lot, but you're still getting your #s and it's a chance to win a ring maybe.
If I can get Dudley back in some deal revolving aroud getting Gortat, I'm all about that though. I know they're young and appear to be bulletproof, but I'd like for KD and Russ to not have to play 40+ minutes every night, get some quality depth and/or a coach who will play everybody.
I wonder how Tyreke would look in a Thunder jersey though in the same place and if he'd accept that role. Wet dreaming I know, in fact NO chance because of the whole drive by thing but just thinking out loud.
I don't know about Reke though. He would kill our floor spacing because he can't shoot and he would just dribble around at the top of the key.

Anyone see the details to the blatche accusations? he is donezo.

I don't know, the report I just read quoted a cop as saying the victim was so intoxicated she will not make a credible witness. And he has the money to get good lawyers, so he might be all right, at least in terms of any criminal proceedings. But the Nets sure can't be happy about him putting himself in a position to even be accused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom