Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the article about Lebron... Basically what it was were other team executives saying Jim Buss & Mitch Kupchak will make a run at Lebron..

Don't find it to be too funny... It's just other teams thinking that's the Lakers reset button

LeBron at 30 with all that mileage...
:rolleyes

Kobe at 30 was 2008.. Soooo

LeBron is more dependent on his physical ability and quickness than Kobe, who has essentially perfected his footwork/shooting form and does his work away from the basket now. I just don't want to see a 33-34 year old LeBron struggling to reach the cup and finding that his first step isn't getting him past defenders anymore.

Not saying what I think will happen is a fact, just a concern I have.

Last edited:
Why people act like turning 30 is a death sentence? He has NO serious injury history whatsoever. He'll be fine.

Lakers 2015-2016 starting 5:

1. Derick Fisher
2. Lupe Fiasco
3. Dan Gilbert
4. Lebron James
5. Dwight Howard

Pretty much :lol:

ESPN are scumbags for planting this idea in people's heads though. Now for the next 2 years that idea along with flopping/refs will take precedence over actual gameplay

I think it's laughable that the "Lebron to Lakers" speculation was one of the ******g LEAD STORIES on Sportscenter
It really is disgusting. Nothing else to talk about so you just push this just to spark controversy and ratings
Why people act like turning 30 is a death sentence? He has NO serious injury history whatsoever. He'll be fine.
No idea. This guy will be 30 doing the same stuff hes doing now.

I find it funny that people think Bron won't age well :lol:

I mean we've sean many other examples of transcendant talents adjusting their game as they age and I guess Lebron will be the one who doesn't lol

Allen always makes a good point about Lebron and eating right, working out, ice, massage, etc that players do now to take care of their bodies. My only "concern" of Lebron going forward as he ages is the mileage.

He's got 27,500 right now + 5,000 playoff minutes. 32,500 total. Two more years at around 4K per (reg season + playoff) = 40,000+ minutes at 30.

Ray Allen is at 47,000 at 36 for comparison of someone who has stayed healthy, played a lot of games, etc etc.

Bron could get past 50,000 minutes at 33, EASY.

Surely he takes care of himself, does what he needs to be right, no bad injuries in his career, all that, but that mileage is thru the damn roof, and has to be at least a little worrisome.

I'm not sayin he's breakin down anytime soon, but will he play his "glory" years like KG, Allen, Nash, Kidd etc at a high level while approaching 60,000+ minutes? :\

60K just looks funny. That is absurd. :lol:

Its absurd sure...but then you remember he is LeBron James. He is unlike any other athlete ever. He is a cyborg, so if anyone could do it, it will be him.

lol better add yahoo and several nba execs in that delusional category about the lakers pursuing lebron in 2014...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom