Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's that NooEra dude? 
laugh.gif

The Celtics are ******g trash 

Did I just see someone call Steph Curry a hall of famer?
Potential and yes. Tell me why he cant be? A good number of players have made it into hall of fame because of being excellent shooters (Reggie, Rick Barry, West, etc) and IMO Curry is of that calibur of player. If he keeps shooting the way he is, he definitely can go especially if he ends up relatively high on the all time scoring list. If players like Paul Pierce and Vince Carter can have legitimate HoF chances by making a career of scoring a ton of empty baskets, then Steph can go.

wait....Vince Carter has legit HOF chances?

The Hall of Very Good strikes again
pp34 for sure
vince?
eyes.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_career_scoring_leaders  Facts dont lie. Look how many of the top 50 in scoring ended up going into the hall of fame. Its just like 2 SB wins guarantees HoF for football. Him being that high on the list makes him a candidate IMO and look at him, his career has been nothing but empty buckets. Scoring that many points alone makes it debateable this is a league that has had thousands of players walk in and out of it and to score more points than all but 34 people is an automatic eyebrow raiser, empty buckets or not.
Steph HOF potential??? I'm sorry son but you say some of the dumbest **** in this thread.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
OK

Last edited:
Only 13 players in NBA/ABA history have eclipsed 22,000 points, 5,000 rebounds, and 4,000 assists; Carter, Ray Allen, and Paul Pierce will make it 16 shortly, and a few others — Clyde Drexler, Gary Payton, Larry Bird — barely missed. Eleven of those 13 players are in the Hall of Fame, and the other two are Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant. There is obviously some major cherry-picking involved in selecting those numbers; Carter will barely make the rebound and assist totals, while several players, including Dirk Nowitzki, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Patrick Ewing, have blown away the 22,000/5,000 feat by a wide margin while falling short on the dimes. Still, the numbers are impressive, and if you like plus/minus stuff, Carter's teams have usually scored much more efficiently with him on the floor — and defended at about the same level with him on the floor as on the bench.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id...mess-nba-loudest-arena-jeremy-lin-doing-right

For the first time ever, we agree on somethin here.

Dope, you may be just a taaaaaaaaaaaaad early with this Steph HOF talk, don'tcha think? He's at 18 4 and 6, and he's at 46%, and he's at 3800 points and he's already 24!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

**** that all I kno is I better see j smoove in that east all star jersey this year

pp34 for sure

vince? :rolleyes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_career_scoring_leaders Facts dont lie. Look how many of the top 50 in scoring ended up going into the hall of fame. Its just like 2 SB wins guarantees HoF for football. Him being that high on the list makes him a candidate IMO and look at him, his career has been nothing but empty buckets. Scoring that many points alone makes it debateable this is a league that has had thousands of players walk in and out of it and to score more points than all but 34 people is an automatic eyebrow raiser, empty buckets or not.

his stats are solid but what has he done with it?
sure, he can be a candidate but i just dont see him getting in

Dope, you may be just a taaaaaaaaaaaaad early with this Steph HOF talk, don'tcha think? He's at 18 4 and 6, and he's at 46%, and he's at 3800 points and he's already 24!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Damn needs to retire, not like that young Kobe

Steph has to be able to demonstrate health for extended period of time first. Those ankles :x :smh:

Steph is a really good player but for Christ's sake he's played about 2 and a half full seasons' worth of games. Can we put this HOF talk on hold for a little while?

Since he wasn't hurt badly, it's okay to laugh at this fall:
blake_fall2.0_standard_500.0.gif

Ol' capoeira bamma :smh:

Washington Wizards guard John Wall, out since Sept. 28 with a stress injury in his left knee cap, moved closer to returning by participating in limited contact drills during Thursday's practice.

Wall, who did not speak with reporters after practice, wore his No. 2 practice jersey and also participated in other running and non-contact drills.

Link

Getting his fitness up so he'll be ready to run once Boogie gets to DC :lol:

5 wins, here we come!

Dope, you may be just a taaaaaaaaaaaaad early with this Steph HOF talk, don'tcha think? He's at 18 4 and 6, and he's at 46%, and he's at 3800 points and he's already 24!!!!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Why not? This is his first healthy year, and like I said he will only trend up from here. I can see him getting 22 and 8 like Russell Westbrook is doing and keeping that up for like 8 years or so. Do that along with a handful of ASG selections, a couple NBA team (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) selections 3 point contest domination, and maybe a ring if hes lucky and why not? Theres a ton of what ifs in there but like I said its potential and he'd have to get the ball rolling now.
pp34 for sure

vince?
eyes.gif
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_career_scoring_leaders  Facts dont lie. Look how many of the top 50 in scoring ended up going into the hall of fame. Its just like 2 SB wins guarantees HoF for football. Him being that high on the list makes him a candidate IMO and look at him, his career has been nothing but empty buckets. Scoring that many points alone makes it debateable this is a league that has had thousands of players walk in and out of it and to score more points than all but 34 people is an automatic eyebrow raiser, empty buckets or not.
his stats are solid but what has he done with it?
sure, he can be a candidate but i just dont see him getting in
I dont think he will go either for that very same reason, it just goes to show how much importance is placed on scoring.
Steph is a really good player but for Christ's sake he's played about 2 and a half full seasons' worth of games. Can we put this HOF talk on hold for a little while?
Agreed, its merely a dream at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom