Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last edited:
Sigh.
Look back at the 2010 timeline. The Heat had signed Wade, LeBron and Bosh while Beasley was still on the roster. He was dealt a week later to make room for Miller.

It doesn't matter. Having drafted a different player can drastically change the direction of your team. Just because they might've drafted OJ Mayo doesn't mean they would have stood pat on every other roster move. Is it possible that they would've freed up all that space? Maybe. But say Shaq stays on the team, say the Heat don't miss the Playoffs in 2008.

You can sit here and play hypotheticals all you want. They could've also had Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love. What's your point?

Still don't believe both guys come to town if Miami had both of those guys.

Sigh.
Look back at the 2010 timeline. The Heat had signed Wade, LeBron and Bosh while Beasley was still on the roster. He was dealt a week later to make room for Miller.

It doesn't matter. Having drafted a different player can drastically change the direction of your team. Just because they might've drafted OJ Mayo doesn't mean they would have stood pat on every other roster move. Is it possible that they would've freed up all that space? Maybe. But say Shaq stays on the team, say the Heat don't miss the Playoffs in 2008.

You can sit here and play hypotheticals all you want. They could've also had Russell Westbrook or Kevin Love. What's your point?

Still don't believe both guys come to town if Miami had both of those guys.
What are you rambling on about?

The plan was in place since 2007 for them to re-load in 2010. I think that was clear when their biggest moves in 2007 were signing Smush Parker and trading for Ricky Davis.

What are you rambling on about?
The plan was in place since 2007 for them to re-load in 2010. I think that was clear when their biggest moves in 2007 were signing Smush Parker and trading for Ricky Davis.

So if the Heat were contending from 2008-2010 you don't think they would have made roster moves to try and let them contend then? Yeah, okay.

But they weren't contending, as evident in the way their 2007 season ended and the way they went about that summer making moves (and next two summers), so what's your point?

blog-shaq-face%255B1%255D%255B8%255D.jpg

But they weren't contending, as evident in the way their 2007 season ended and the way they went about that summer making moves (and next two summers), so what's your point?
blog-shaq-face%255B1%255D%255B8%255D.jpg

Point is that OJ Mayo isn't Michael Beasley. Say OJ comes into Miami and puts up 23/5/5, and they're in the ECF in 2008-2010. You don't think roster moves are made for them to win right now?

They also could've had Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, and Michael Jordan if they made the right roster moves.

Last edited:
I don't know. Go ask Mark Cuban what he would do if he were in the situation. Would he hurt his superstar's chances at a(nother) ring to chase superstars in free age...OH WAIT.

I don't know. Go ask Mark Cuban what he would do if he were in the situation. Would he hurt his superstar's chances at a(nother) ring to chase superstars in free age...OH WAIT.

Different circumstances. You can sit here and clown all you want, but there was a new CBA coming that obviously he's taken seriously, while teams like Toronto waste money.

Thing is, it's asinine to talk about what-ifs, because Jeremy Lin could've been picked up by 29 other teams in the NBA, and he could be playing in Europe right now. You can't play hypotheticals in sports.

Man, Mark Jackson is doing a helluva job with the Warriors this season.

Props to him.

Blake FLOPPED! sure he might have gotten fouled but to do a 720 and fall the way he did? hell no, thats a damn act,

i would say the same if Kobe did it. SRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom