Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirk misses a FT and the Heat announcers talk about how he missed big shots in Miami in the 2006 Finals. I guess they've wiped the 2011 Finals from memory.
laugh.gif

Dallas playing better. Took OKC to the wire at OKC and taking the champs down to the wire in Mia. They just hit a stretch where they were playing a lot of really good teams back to back. Dirk finding his rhythm, they'll be in the fight for that 7-8th spot out west when it's all set and done.

Teams with legit title chances this year:

Miami
OKC
Spurs
Clippers
Grizz
Celtics
Knicks

Agree? Disagree? Who would you add/subtract?

Dallas playing better. Took OKC to the wire at OKC and taking the champs down to the wire in Mia. They just hit a stretch where they were playing a lot of really good teams back to back. Dirk finding his rhythm, they'll be in the fight for that 7-8th spot out west when it's all set and done.
I don't see it at all.

They have some nice individual parts, but as a whole I don't see it being good enough to get a 7-8 seed.

Miami
OKC
Spurs
Clippers
Grizz
Celtics
Knicks

Last edited:
PMatic, why did you scrub the Knicks from that list?

The others you tossed I can agree with, but Knicks are just like the '11 Mavs team that won it all with Melo as a younger/more explosive Dirk. They'll only get better as the season rolls along

PMatic, why did you scrub the Knicks from that list?

The others you tossed I can agree with, but Knicks are just like the '11 Mavs team that won it all with Melo as a younger/more explosive Dirk. They'll only get better as the season rolls along
They haven't been consistent enough defensively for me to believe they can compete for a championship. And look at the the past two weeks as their shooting has regressed.

Grizz offense looked better tonight. The good thing is that the players/coaches know they need to pick up the pace. If they can get that offense moving back up to AT LEAST the top half of the league, they can go anywhere. Its also time to get that road record up. The 3 teams ahead of us in the West have great road records. We are at 7-6.

Miami
OKC
Spurs
Clippers
Grizz
Celtics
Knicks

Really wonder what would have happened had the Heat taken Juice in 2008.

He would have been traded like Michael Beasely to free up cap space for Lebron and Bosh.

NT is in love with OJ Mayo for some odd reason.
Except Beasley was dealt because the Heat wanted to re-sign Haslem and sign Miller. Nice try though.

I remember Spo dyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying to sign Mike Miller that year, and in essence, that signing paid off in the last game of the Finals :lol:

Last edited:
1st ejection of KD's career, and well deserved too. Nets are getting every single touch foul and KD and especially Russ are getting mugged out there with no call. Looks like the Nets are going to leave their starters in against or 66ers team now. Violet Palmer and Danny Crawford though, c'mon sons:x

The West has 4 teams that can win it. The East has 2 teams.

OKC, LAC, SAS, MEM

MIA, NYK

Out of the 4 teams in the West, no one looks clearly better than anybody. As of now, Miami doesn't look clearly better than NY, but we also know that Lebron is coasting. Every one of those teams in the West have major questions come playoff time. Can Blake Griffin take his game to another level? Can the Spurs season success correlate with the playoffs or will it be the same story? Will Kevin Martin be good enough off the bench for OKC in the playoffs? Can Memphis have better 4th quarters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom