Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Barkley just pronounced Anderson Varejao's name as "Anderson Var-aye-ho" on NBA TV. :rofl:

I was :rofl:

About Deron Williams. Don't know the whole story behind him and Sloan, but if he got Sloan fired, then says that he is a system player and loved the Sloan system, followed by Avery Johnson getting fired, what sense does that make??? What would be the point of Sloan possibly getting a look from the Nets is D-Will seems confused?

You mean the year when the third best player, the hall of fame player, an integral part of what the team does wasnt there?
Stop it. Rudy Gay wasn't on that Grizz squad either...you know...the team's second best player that year behind Z-bo. Plus you mean to tell me...the God Coach, Popovich, couldn't find a way to get ya'll at least one more win.
mean.gif
They had a whole season to play without Gay, Manu got hurt immediately before the playoffs, the game before the playoffs started..... No time for other players to work themselves into the dramatic rotation shift that occurred.
There are 5 guys who singular force can impact your chances of winning a championship dramatically.

Bron
Durant
CP3
Healthy Dwight

THATS IT. THATS THE LIST.

If you don't have those players on your squad, paying Brook Lopez all that money getting Joe Johnson is stupid. Deron Williams is not of that caliber and never has been.

Deron is a great he's not that great, thats why the CP3 vs Deron was always a joke.
I will add your 5th. Tim Duncan

No love for Derek Fisher or Kobe Bryant?

or a in shape Shaq. Mineaswell throw in Bill Russel, Magic, Larry Bird to that list.

Last edited by a moderator:

No one talks about Duncan's ankle injury suffered a few weeks prior to the playoffs. The Spurs ended up losing 8 of their remaining 12 regular season games leading up the playoff series with the Grizzlies. But no excuses here. :smokin

Last edited:
They had a whole season to play without Gay, Manu got hurt immediately before the playoffs, the game before the playoffs started..... No time for other players to work themselves into the dramatic rotation shift that occurred.

I will add your 5th. Tim Duncan

Can Tim, or Kobe, Dirk, turn that up for a game? yes for two? Sure, but for 82, plus playoffs for 42+ a night?

No.

Aging great players are to be feared, but their greatness comes in flashes, and as we know you are what you CONSISTENTLY do, and you can't be in that 4 unless it's more than flashes.

Look if you get enough, Carmelo's, Bosh's, Deron's, Roses (ie max guys not on the level of the top 4) together you can build a championship caliber team. But only true elite guys can take guys like Joe Johnson, Brook, and Gerald Wallace and make them championship great.

Last edited:

I knew you were going to say that ...whatever happened to a team just being better or playing better basketball.

Of course ya'll had injuries, but so did other teams, including the one who faced ya'll in the first round. You had the superior coach, superior talent, and home court advantage. :rolleyes

I'm sorry, but D-Will is not a superstar. That's my guy, but no.

ya i agree with this some out

i have no idea why the 2 guys where bashing hill for saying that a few pages back.

deron has been living off rep for years now

:lol: at being almost a whole season playing without Rudy. 25 games?

Having Tony Allen and Sam Young starting on perimeter sure did feel great in that 1st round matchup against a #1 seed. :stoneface:

How many times CP3 been out of the first rd?

Maynor is officially out of the rotation in OKC. Brooks even said so earlier today

Last edited:
How many times CP3 been out of the first rd?

Maynor is officially out of the rotation in OKC. Brooks even said so earlier today
I think all but twice

If the Kings didn't have like a million guards, I would like to see him on this squad. Whatev

Deron Williams > Chris Paul.
Yup.
[/quote]

at what?

Rondo >> DWill
TP >> DWill
CP3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DWill

I would put DWill in that 3-5 range...althought I think Kyrie is better than even a healthy Deron at this point in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom