Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol just read the espn article about wade..

This dude is charmin soft. Talking about it bothered him what Charles Barkley said about him being old.

Him and lebron letting Charles get to their heads.

I picture the magic popcorn gif when Simmons talk
Is it just me or does he not sound like the way he writes?

Simmons has always said he never wanted to be on TV. He's admitted over and over (long before all this) that he just comes across as awkward. I think ESPN just offered him enough money to start doing TV appearances. Remember, he was hardly ever on screen before he did fill-ins on PTI.

And yes, he doesn't sound the way he writes, but that's not uncommon among professional writers. Mike Wilbon is someone who sounds the same as he writes though. Kornheiser as well (when he used to write, of course).

Kyrie's quickly becoming my favorite player.

:lol:

He need to watch that **** though, those type of ******* always trying to come up off any young ***** with clout. :smh:

"Leave them cell phones on the table where we see em"

honestly, the whole panel is just so awkward, they all end up looking bad. magic is terrible on TV and most of the problems start with him. they don't really argue or interact with each other much - whether its by design or because they dont want to step on each others toes (none of them seem friendly towards each other) - i'm not sure. but it feels like they each just make a random point. it's like Magic is gonna talk about Lebron having 19 points REGARDLESS of what the question is or what anyone else says. its just odd.
i wonder how long it'll take simmons or jalen to complain about this awkward dynamic - they're both pretty outspoken but ESPN would NOT be happy with it.

Magic can't even speak, love him but come on. Wilbon is boring at all times, he needs Kornheiser. I like Jalen, but he's better working with younger dudes ex. NNL.
As for Simmons, fan of his podcast but he's doesn't translate well to tv. Also his humor/wittiness goes unnoticed/doesn't resonate on the show.

Kyrie :pimp:

Somebody on espn compared Rivers to Trajon Langdon (sp?) **** was spot on.

I ******g hate the fact Durant doesn't take more shots. He simply doesn't miss but no, Westbrook just continues to take stupid *** shots. I know I sound like a broken record but durant has to man the **** up if they want to win a ring

Last edited:

What were they comparing? Style of play? Cuz other than the fact that they both went to Duke, Rivers plays nothing like Trajan Langdon :lol:

Complete laziness to whoever said that. It's like when ppl were comparing Kemba to Ben Gordon bc they both went to UConn

I ******g hate the fact Durant doesn't take more shots. He simply doesn't miss but no, Westbrook just continues to take stupid *** shots. I know I sound like a broken record but durant has to man the **** up if they want to win a ring
blame kd for not sealing off his defenders

Yeah, an unathletic pure shooter with no other skills compared to an erratic shooter with good ballhandling skills and ability to create his own shot and get to the rim (at least in college). Spot on.

I'll try to find the article but he was comparing the fact how both left college (Duke) with the same hype and skill sets. Langdon never had a consistent jumper but was good at getting to the rim. Similar to AR.
Their skill sets are polar opposites. What on Earth are you talking about? Langdon shot 43% on threes for his college career but he didn't have a consistent jumper? 40% on threes and 91% at the line in his brief NBA career. His shooting was never an issue. Everything else was. He was never good at getting to the rim even in college. This is so backwards. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I wasn't saying that was the article that compared him to Langdon. That was another article...

Hey, I never watched Langdon as a kid so I'm probably wrong, but I'm going by what I've read about reasons why he flunked out the league so fast.

He was comparing them mostly due to the fact they went to duke, was drafted high and struggled in there rookie years. I'll still try to find the article

Chad Ford is saying Cousins' new agent is probably going to ask for a trade.. And Kings will likely oblige... Celtics seem to be front runners.

Also Sam Smith of NBA.com is saying the Raptors may deal Lowry and keep Calderon... Not sure I believe that..

Last edited:
Chad Ford is saying Cousins' new agent is probably going to ask for a trade.. And Kings will likely oblige... Celtics seem to be front runners.

Psssh I've been alluding to this the second he hired Fegan 
laugh.gif

Psssh I've been alluding to this the second he hired Fegan :lol:

I guess the only hitch is 1. Cousins attitude drawing down offers. 2. Ownership/ GM don't agree on what they want.

So it'll probably drag on until the deadline.

Posted this in the heat thread but reposting here because of the debate over the wade-Westbrook no call:

i'm here in miami for vacation and last night sat courtside (when you see the highlights im the guy standing behind westbrook during the last shot, throwing up the 3s hoping it drops) and during the free throws after westbrooks miss i say something to wade along the lines of

"yo dwade, you know that was a foul!"

and he turned around at me smiled and gave a wink, basically admitting he got away with it.

So I think that ends that, wade himself basically admitted it was a foul :lol:

Watching the replay, it's clear wade hit westbrooks arm when he shoots. Def. got away with it.

That's what westbrook gets for turning the ball over 4 straight possessions, 2 on fast breaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom