Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long before an organization/team like the Spurs or Celtics get him for peanuts and turn him into a good citizen and maximize his potential as a player, perennial all star even perhaps?

Is Mitch lurkin? I bet he is
That'll depend on what young players or expiring vet, and draft picks the Kings can get.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long before an organization/team like the Spurs or Celtics get him for peanuts and turn him into a good citizen and maximize his potential as a player, perennial all star even perhaps?

to piggy back off this

Sheed was still sheed even with the pistons and boston. they put up with it because they won. just recent look at Mcgee and blatchie they are still idiots but on better and winning teams now so what they do people dont focus on as much.

a winning culture would change everything with some of these dudes.

guys like fat boy in memphis and Captain jack can be prefect examples of this.

Last edited:
 to piggy back off this

Sheed was still sheed even with the pistons and boston. they put up with it because they won. just recent look at Mcgee and blatchie they are still idiots but on better and winning teams now so what they do people dont focus on as much.

a winning culture would change everything with some of these dudes.

guys like fat boy in memphis and Captain jack can be prefect examples of this.

this is exactly what I just someone who was asking me how big of a distraction he was at UK... I was like "dude, he only lost 3 games. it was all good."

If the Kings are smart they won't let themselves get took by a sucker deal just to get rid of Boogie. He's going to be a great center throughout his career, he just needs to mature a bit. I don't think that a coaching change will speed that up, however.
Na they need to get rid of him and blow the whole team up. There is nothing the Kings can do to make DMC be more mature because he has no respect for anyone in the organization.
He will be an all star somewhere else but it won't happen with the Kings, he needs to be around vets, coaches and management who won't allow this type of ****.
It's really a shame that even has to be the case because he is a grown *** man and should have himself in check regardless of who he's playing for.

The thing with Juice as i've watched him this year is that with rare occasion, he doesn't force the issue at all. And this imo is what may hold him back from becoming that "superstar" that I honestly believe he's capable of becoming. Look at the FGA's and the games. He's rarely forcing shots up. A quality that all star wings have. There are nights like against Houston this year, or the Fourth Quarter against Golden State this year, The Fourth and the OT's against Boston this year, where he legit looks like he has the capacity to be a star. But nights like against Mia, or against Memphis suggest otherwise. The reason why I say he doesn't force the issue enough is because whenever he's one on one with somebody, he looks great. He had a few plays against memphis last night, with a floater, and a rise up jumper over Tony Allen that said that. But too often he's coming off screens and just because they jump him he terminates his dribble immediately and passes the ball.
If he is a superstar, that's got to stop. For One, he doesn't need a screen as much especially with Dallas because the moment a screen comes, all teams do now is trap him. And For two, even if they do trap try to beat that big that's trapping you etc. Him at the top with no screens (so nobody can blitz and trap him) has normally turned out good for Dallas this year. More of that, less trying to work with him using a screen and roll. He could also benefit from getting the ball on the elbow, or free-throw line extended area as well.
It also should be noted that teams wouldn't be blitzing juice nearly as much if Dirk is setting those screens instead of brandon wright and shawn marion. Dirk will help juice immensely.

That's exactly what I'm saying, he doesn't seem to have the killer instinct that most stars do. He doesn't take control of the offense and force his will.
He should be getting to the line a lot more and getting more shots up period. Getting the ball at the free throw line would mean that he has to attack the basket more often
Like Harden for example, he's a great shooter not as great as Juice but he still knows when to penetrate and get easy buckets. He's also in a similar situation roster wise as OJ.
To be fair though, Harden seems to be more athletic/have a better handle than OJ
Also agree with your point about Dirk, with him back Juice can put up an easy 25 but that may be indicative that he is not really a superstar but just a great player.

So, I hope this ends the "Hollins didn't like OJ" crap.
And the stats I posted on here a while back about OJ's first 12 games compared to his last 12-13 games, show that he's battling the same inconsistencies. OJ is a good player and I think at best he could be the 4th best player on a real championship squad. I didn't think he was that inconsistent when first coming into the league, and then it became an on going thing throughout his career.
As a full time #1 option, he struggles at times. Just look at his numbers compared to Harden, who is the #1 in Houston. They were averaging very similar numbers at one point, now OJ is steadily declining, while Harden is maintaining a 25ppg average.

I agree, that inconsistency is huge. And imo it's due to the fact that he doesn't get to the free-throw line so when nights like memphis, where he only gets 10 points...he ends w/10 instead of 20-25 because of the free throw attempts. Plus he's passive.

However I disagree with the fourth best player notion. I definitely feel like he could be the 2nd best player on a contending squad still.

That's exactly what I'm saying, he doesn't seem to have the killer instinct that most stars do. He doesn't take control of the offense and force his will.
He should be getting to the line a lot more and getting more shots up period. Getting the ball at the free throw line would mean that he has to attack the basket more often
Like Harden for example, he's a great shooter not as great as Juice but he still knows when to penetrate and get easy buckets. He's also in a similar situation roster wise as OJ.
To be fair though, Harden seems to be more athletic/have a better handle than OJ
Also agree with your point about Dirk, with him back Juice can put up an easy 25 but that may be indicative that he is not really a superstar but just a great player.

Couldn't agree with you more. Repped.

Ron Artest is a good dude..... Sheed....

well artest and sheed never butt heads against their coaches in their younger days right?

something is just off about "big cuz" lol always chuckle when jerry reynolds says that.

you could get phil jackson in there and cousins would act up still.

Is Mitch lurkin? I bet he is

Mitch is always lurking... But they can't pull it off...Too many money and asset mismatches for it to work.

Don't know if the Kings move him, but it would probably be lateral movement for Cuz to another young team.

Last edited:
Damn I wanted to boo fisher tomorrow vs the SPURS.

:smh: :\

1297811614876619567.jpg

The lesson is Mark Cuban should never trust former Lakers. :lol:

I guess I'm in the minority here. I actually think that it's heartfelt. I don't know if he has the fire anymore. His time wasn't very good, but I appreciate the leadership he brought.

Kind of interested to see if CDR can bring anything to the table. If he doesn't, and if somehow the Bulls end up cutting Nate like what's being speculated, I'd love to have him in Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom