Kobe
Westbrook
Parker
Paul
Harden
Curry

who is he having a better season than?

Last edited:
Memphis CA writer Ron Tillery shared a couple stories on the radio yesterday afternoon about OJ and Hollins. RonRon shared how OJ was a believer in Hollins. Ron shared a story of how OJ, in a moment in the lockerroom with only Ron there, told him that he just simply had a lot of pressure on him from his family, agent, "friends in his ear." All of them were wearing on OJ telling him that Hollins was holding him back and all that. Ron said that OJ just looked at him and said that all he wanted to be was a good teammate.

Last season when Vinny Del Negro was about to be fired and MEM came into LA to play the Clips and the Clips destroyed us, Ron shared that it was the first and really only time that the team began to question Lionel and maybe rise up against him. Ron said OJ was the FIRST guy to try and quash that. He said that OJ told everyone that the team needed to believe in Lionel and to look in the mirror if trying to find a person at fault.

So, I hope this ends the "Hollins didn't like OJ" crap.

And the stats I posted on here a while back about OJ's first 12 games compared to his last 12-13 games, show that he's battling the same inconsistencies. OJ is a good player and I think at best he could be the 4th best player on a real championship squad. I didn't think he was that inconsistent when first coming into the league, and then it became an on going thing throughout his career.

As a full time #1 option, he struggles at times. Just look at his numbers compared to Harden, who is the #1 in Houston. They were averaging very similar numbers at one point, now OJ is steadily declining, while Harden is maintaining a 25ppg average.

Last edited:
I'm going to enjoy how the Warriors are playing for as long as I can :lol: they can't keep this up, can they?

Last edited:
Keith Smart enforces standard with Cousins' discipline

Keith Smart is one of DeMarcus Cousins' biggest supporters.

Apparently that doesn't mean Smart will allow Cousins to speak to him however he likes. And that's why DeMarcus was left in the locker room for the second half of Friday's loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.

Cousins went at his coach verbally after Smart said something to him at halftime. So Smart decided the Kings were better off without their leading scorer and rebounder.

"We're trying to set a standard for all of our players and all our guys who are here," Smart said after the game. "When guys don't fall in line to that we've got to move on."

Smart intends to maintain this stance, too. You have to assume that means penalties will escalate if the behavior does not change.

Smart wouldn't address whether Cousins would play in Sunday's game against Portland. If he does, another blowup could mean suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team.

Cousins doesn't believe Friday's incident will be held over his head and that he and Smart can move past the incident.

"It happens all the time between players and coaches," Cousins said. "I believe we'll talk about it, get past it and we'll move forward."
Link

30 second mark.

Last edited:
I'm going to enjoy how the Warriors are playing for as long as I can :lol: they can't keep this up, can they?

dudes were really outside the arena in the cold weather screaming "BEAT LA" after a regular season win vs the bobcats. you'd think it was a playoff gm coming up :rofl: im just gonna enjoy it and not have expectations.

Keith Smart enforces standard with Cousins' discipline

Keith Smart is one of DeMarcus Cousins' biggest supporters.

Apparently that doesn't mean Smart will allow Cousins to speak to him however he likes.
And that's why DeMarcus was left in the locker room for the second half of Friday's loss to the Los Angeles Clippers.

Cousins went at his coach verbally after Smart said something to him at halftime. So Smart decided the Kings were better off without their leading scorer and rebounder.

"We're trying to set a standard for all of our players and all our guys who are here," Smart said after the game. "When guys don't fall in line to that we've got to move on."

Smart intends to maintain this stance, too. You have to assume that means penalties will escalate if the behavior does not change.

Smart wouldn't address whether Cousins would play in Sunday's game against Portland. If he does, another blowup could mean suspensions for conduct detrimental to the team.

Cousins doesn't believe Friday's incident will be held over his head and that he and Smart can move past the incident.

"It happens all the time between players and coaches," Cousins said. "I believe we'll talk about it, get past it and we'll move forward."
Link

**** yeah

A lot of y'all calling for a better coach need to realize that ain't happening.

Smart was retained and extended because he was the only one to really get to DMC, whether or not he still does or not is debatable :lol:

Also, y'all should know by now about how god damn broke and poor the maloofs and the organization would be. Smart is the lowest paid coach in the league, they ain't shelling out more money for a big name coach. If they fire Smart they'll just bring up an assistant, heck I could see them make Petrie coach before firing him at seasons end :lol: Smart is better than be thought of a coach Bobby Jackson or something.

As a Kings fan, I don't have the luxury of that sort of hopefully thinking that the team is gonna make big moves. Whether its with the coaching staff or with player management.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a bigger "chicken or the egg" than this Boogie's attitude and the Kings organization situation?

I think Kobe's 30 point stat is close at the moment. :lol:

Last edited:
the common denominator with all this ******** is Demarcus Cousins. excuses and reasons are getting tired. he's a good dude, too... and helluva basketball player and that's what makes it hard to see.

Just play ball, Boogie... ****.

Also don't look at this as a precursor to any trade. Again, the kings are poor as can be and what's better than having your best player still on their rookie contract. This is just the Kings taking steps to grow this kid up, hopefully it works because if it doesn't we ain't getting **** back for him, mainly because of the money restraints. Same can be said for Tyreke

If the Kings are smart they won't let themselves get took by a sucker deal just to get rid of Boogie. He's going to be a great center throughout his career, he just needs to mature a bit. I don't think that a coaching change will speed that up, however.

How long before an organization/team like the Spurs or Celtics get him for peanuts and turn him into a good citizen and maximize his potential as a player, perennial all star even perhaps?

Is Mitch lurkin? I bet he is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom