Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
stop blaming coaches :smh:

dudes done this with two coaches already, you think it wont happen with the next? :rofl:

child please

Since more than likely NBA only inviting 4 players to dunk contest, my best guess would be Gerald Green, James White, Russell Westbrook & Terrence Ross.
Westbrook? Why him? He won't do anything worthwhile

westbrook is contemplating on entering. So it's 50/50. Its not who I want to see, its the most logical based off reasons.

Here from the OKC newspaper:

WESTBROOK EXPRESSES INTEREST IN DUNK CONTEST
The slam dunk contest at this year's NBA All-Star Weekend could have one of the game's most explosive athletes participating.
Russell Westbrook on Thursday expressed his interest in someday joining the field but said he wasn't sure if he will participate in Houston this year.
“It's up in the air,” Westbrook said about this year's dunk competition. “I would (like to) before it's too late. But I don't know where I'm going to feel like doing it or not.”
Westbrook, as he has in the past, insisted that he is more of a “game dunker” rather than a dunk contest dunker. Typically, that means a player impresses more with power and by posterizing opposing players as opposed to planning out dunks weeks, if not months, in advance.

stop blaming coaches :smh:

dudes done this with two coaches already, you think it wont happen with the next? :rofl:

child please

If Kings surround him with some vets and gets a no nonsense coach, more than likely he will finally act mature. Yes it's bad he is getting coaches fired, but what do you expect man, the L is run by players not coaches. Until ALL coaches have that power/control over their players, the L will always be players first. Deal with it.

Last edited:
westbrook is contemplating on entering. So it's 50/50. Its not who I want to see, its the most logical based off reasons.
Here from the OKC newspaper:
If Kings surround him with some vets and gets a no nonsense coach, more than likely he will finally act mature. Yes it's bad he is getting coaches fired, but what do you expect man, the L is run by players not coaches. Until ALL coaches have that power/control over their players, the L will always be players first. Deal with it.
He's a grown *** man.

This is not the NCAA. You shouldn't have to plan around how to keep your franchise player sane.

Eric Bledsoe's Huge Block Leads To Turiaf Dunk vs Kings (Dec 21, 2012)

Chris Paul throws the lob to Eric Bledsoe who throws down the Alley Oop vs Kings (Dec. 21, 2012) los angeles clippers

:x

He's a grown *** man.

This is not the NCAA. You shouldn't have to plan around how to keep your franchise player sane.

thats how it should be in the perfect L, but this aint the perfect L. We got 1 and done kids coming into the L either with bad attitudes, not being ready for the pros, or slow transitions. Look at the Rockets why did the management cater to all Royce White's needs? because they believe in him and took the chance. On draft day no one should have took the chance on Royce knowing his condition would complicate things, but the Rockets did and are doing whatever to help him. And dude still has not played one game in a Rockets uni. Or when Lebron was in Cleveland and the bending over backwards stuff the franchise would do to appease Lebron? All his demands were pretty much appeased in order to keep his "cool" with the franchise. The L is run by players. Yes it sucks coaches are fired, but that's the L and it will never change.

Last edited:
Bledsoe is just nasty :x :smh: Dude needs to get traded to start and show off what he can do with more than 20 min.

Why is nobody talking about how bad the Cavs are?

Is the love affair with Kyrie that serious?

what did you expect? Outside of Kyrie and Andy, team is full of d-leaguers :lol: not a single ounce of talent on that team.

Alonzo Gee is still on that team :x

Tristan still is not there fully. Dude is so inconsistent and Byron is giving him starter minutes. Dude better watch out for Zeller outplaying him and taking his minutes when Andy V comes back.

And how did Farmar ever end up in this commercial :rofl: Dude is so out of place:

Last edited:
Welp. So, much for that OJ **** :lol:

dude needs Dirk to take the defensive pressure off of him because if you can get a dude like Tony/Thabo/Kawhi or any defensive wing on OJ, dude is toast. Does OJ still have that potential to become a superstar or has that ship sailed and will he just be the next Joe Johnson in terms of play style and some team giving him a bloated contract thinking he is a superstar?

Last edited:
Bledsoe is just nasty :x :smh: Dude needs to get traded to start and show off what he can do with more than 20 min.

Nope. He's very limited offensively.He's a one that can't create for others, and can't shoot/score that well. He's super athletic, and can change the pace/dynamic of a game. (I.E. what a really good 6th man/player off the bench does)

This is the perfect fit for him. However, somewhere down the line someone will throw big money at him to run their team. Exactly what winnign does in the NBA.

Last edited:
Lol...Westbrook is as "interested" in the dunk contest as LeBron ever was. Stop listening to these stars. It's not like the '80s, '90s and early '00s. Stars and superstars don't compete anymore (Dwight was the last). Part of it is lack of creativity, but ego plays a role as well (they can't handle losing).

Also, the competition is out of their hands, and plays to the narrative (Jordan winning in '88 on his home floor, for example...a complete screw job, and nobody can legitimately argue against that). This is also the same league where NATE ROBINSON IS A 3-TIME DUNK CONTEST WINNER. It's gonna be the typical parade of no-names that nobody cares about.

dude needs Dirk to take the defensive pressure off of him because if you can get a dude like Tony/Thabo/Kawhi or any defensive wing on OJ, dude is toast. Does OJ still have that potential to become a superstar or has that ship sailed and will he just be the next Joe Johnson in terms of play style and some team giving him a bloated contract thinking he is a superstar?

OJ can be an elite player but only in the right system. His jumper is already there but there is something about his game, he's not as great as an ISO player as I thought he'd be at this point..
His work ethic is there by many accounts though, so if he wants to be a superstar, it's up to him. Somebody definitely is going to give him 80 mill this summer regardless.

Nope. He's very limited offensively.He's a one that can't create for others, and can't shoot/score that well. He's super athletic, and can change the pace/dynamic of a game. (I.E. what a really good 6th man/player off the bench does)

This is the perfect fit for him. However, somewhere down the line someone will throw big money at him to run their team. Exactly what winnign does in the NBA.

if he develops a J and learns to pass more efficiently (he is still pretty early in his career), you don't think he can be like a poor mans version of an elite scoring point guard (rose, westbrook, etc)?

OJ can be an elite player but only in the right system. His jumper is already there but there is something about his game, he's not as great as an ISO player as I thought he'd be at this point..
His work ethic is there by many accounts though, so if he wants to be a superstar, it's up to him. Somebody definitely is going to give him 80 mill this summer regardless.

so were the grizz wrong in trading love for oj?

Last edited:
+1

Now we just toying with the Kings
roll.gif
"we"? ***** weren't you a Lakers fan?
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom