Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man barring injury, Durant will be one of the greatest.
His skillset, size, and IQ has never been seen before.
I'm glad we get to watch Him, Bron and Rose in their prime, all outliers.

KD is not in his prime yet. ole boy is still a horrific passer :smh: turn overs left and right going for dimes. not to mention is D, which is getting much better. his "soft" post play is unstoppable but if he would develop some strong moves to go with it, its a wrap :smokin

Last edited:
Durant is a boss no doubt about it, but I'm just curious to see if or when he ever wins it all.

Was he the best player in our generation to not win? It's so early in his career ... We'll see

^kd is a flat out scorer that gets buckets. dont know if he ever will be that "playmaker" that lebron is, but give him time. not even 25 yet :x

^kd is a flat out scorer that gets buckets. dont know if he ever will be that "playmaker" that lebron is, but give him time. not even 25 yet :x

3 scoring titles before turning 25 :x

Unbelievable.

Really hope he gets a ring or a few. Be a shame if he didn't but OKC is so damn young and they now have that experience.

The guy is averaging too many turnovers (over 3 a game) but he's averaging 27 points (51/43/90 :x), 8 rebounds, 4 assists and playing solid defense.

And this is with him changing his game on the fly with the departure of Harden.

Last edited:
Durant will still be averaging 25+ well into his 30s. His height & shooting ability screams longevity.

Barring injury, he'll be at 38k points when he retires

Durant will still be averaging 25+ well into his 30s. His height & shooting ability screams longevity.
I was thinking of making a thread when Kobe broke 30g's saying that Durant would catch Kareem.
Your reasons are similar to mine + factor in that he is only improving + has yet to develop a post game.
Even when he has no knees he'll be dropping 30.

You countin an egg right now...

Stop it, Rose will pull an Adrian Peterson and come back better than he already was.
Dude is only 24, he's only scratched the surface.

Last edited:
John Karalis ‏@RedsArmy_John
RT @redsarmy_chuck: Ridiculous RT @jeskeets: LeBron hasn't fouled anyone since December 8th against the Hornets. (via Peninsula is Mightier)

Just one of the variables that stat heads couldn't care less about. That special treatment is other worldly. He is aloud to be more physical than anyone else in the NBA
sick.gif
mean.gif
roll.gif
not even one foul. damn. dat treatment.
mean.gif
  its already bad enough him fouling Jason Richardson on that 360 attempt is considered a "highlight block".   Everybody at ESPN has on
glasses.gif
stevie wonder shades. Its disgusting.

Baring no major injury. Durant will win more rings than Lebron when it's all set and done.

The guy is basically a 7 footer with shooting guard ability. He only need to work on his post game and it will be a wrap.

I'm confident that it will be Durant vs Lebron Finals again this year. Durant get his first ring in a revenge
pimp.gif

Last edited:
I was thinking of making a thread when Kobe broke 30g's saying that Durant would catch Kareem.
Your reasons are similar to mine + factor in that he is only improving + has yet to develop a post game.
Even when he has no knees he'll be dropping 30.
Stop it, Rose will pull an Adrian Peterson and come back better than he already was.
Dude is only 24, he's only scratched the surface.
He's going to have to think twice about his playing style now. Not sure if we'll see the old Rose style.

Barring injury is a huge barrier, first off.

Once his athleticism is shot, it's going to be interesting. It's so hard to guard Durant right now because of his ability to both get to the basket, and be a perimeter threat. But once he gets older, slower, and still is that frail dude, he's going to have to rely more on his outside shooting. That won't leave him, but it will make him slightly easier to guard. He has to keep working and working.

The only guy I think you can really compare him to is Dirk if we're talking about scoring, because of his size. People forget but Dirk used to be a huge headache around the rim. He was just as crafty as Durant is now, but he just wasn't as athletic. Now that's left Dirk, and it's amazing how he turned his game. No more trailer threes, no more hard cuts to the basket. Now it's the one-legged fade, and the post-up game.

Durant will have to hone that part of his game. He'll also have to learn how to limit his turnovers. When Dirk's legs finally start to give out on him, he started turning the ball over more because he had a hard time getting out of hard traps. Look at the 07 Golden State series, he was atrocious. But he worked on his game, and got better. Durant already has a problem with turning it over.

KAJ was a supreme iron man. He missed 79 games in his career. He played 20 seasons in the NBA. That's just under 4 games a year, for his entire career. KAJ didn't even have any 30+ PPG seasons after the age of 27, but he still is far and away the best scorer in NBA history.

KD is still doing great, but having to keep these numbers up AND staying healthy is quite the burden. It's great that he got to 10k points in just over 5 years, but that would mean he needs to keep up this pace another 10 years to get to 30k, where Kobe sits now. That would make him 34, and still 8k points off Kareem. That's with hardly any games missed, and him not having any slacker seasons.

Just look at Karl Malone. Through his first 18 seasons, he missed a combined total of 10 games in his career. TEN GAMES. He put up Durant-esque numbers for over a decade. He only had two seasons under 20 PPG, his first and last season. He came up 1000 short of KAJ before his body gave out.

What's scarier to me is that LeBron James could be a Top-5 scorer by the time he's done, but he could also end up Top-5 assists too. He had 4800 through nine years in the NBA. It's not unfathomable he plays another nine years, that would make him 36. That would put him 7th on All-time assists, and he could probably break the 10k assist plateau too.

Through nine years, LeBron had obtained 19k points. That's half of 38k. :nerd:

His scoring will slack off a bit as he gets older, but I personally don't think his assists go down, they may even go up. He will need 31k to pass Wilt, because Kobe will definitely pass him up, but that would already put him 5th all-time. And that's only 12k points away.

Keeps his steals up, he'll be Top-5 in steals too.. :nerd:

He's going to have to think twice about his playing style now. Not sure if we'll see the old Rose style.

No he won't, he didn't injure himself on some crazy move to the basket, it was a jump stop.
It could have been any player in that situation, it was a freak accident. The risk of injury comes with being an athlete, especially at the professional level
Of course he'll have some hesitance when he first comes back, but he's rehabbing with the best and they will make sure his body is 100% because he's a $100 mill investment & the face of a franchise.
He & everyone else knows his effectiveness lies in his explosiveness, it's the only way he knows how to play and it won't change.

Crazy that Kareem only missed 79 games especially playing in such a physical era, Karl too.
They don't make em like that anymore, I'm looking at you Bynum.

Sidenote, is Rick Ross a Kings fan? 
laugh.gif
 What the hell was he doing here tonight 

Thats what I thought to.. good for him for not being a bandwagon fan i guess 
laugh.gif

duke walked by me twice, and I couldn't believe how ******g fat he is 
roll.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sees Pau trade talk... Inevitable..
Sees Member say trade Dwight for Bosh.... Laughed, and then prayed for him...
Did you read what I wrote?

I said that the chances of a Bosh for Dwight trade is infinitely greater than a Pau for Bosh trade.

I'll break it into simple math for you.

The chances of a Pau for Bosh trade is ZERO percent.

Dwight Howard, just like most NBA players, has no interest in playing on a team where one guy is interested in jacking up countless shots in order to score the most points rather than actually winning. Even a blind man could see that. So knowing that Dwight will not re-sign, why is it so difficult to believe that the Lakers wouldn't take Bosh for Dwight in a heartbeat? At least they'll have Bosh for two more years. Bosh would give the Lakers a legit #1 option on offense. Would you rather have Bosh for 2 years, or nothing? That's a no-brainer.

The problem is that, after the Dwightmare, Dwight cannot allow a Dwightmare 2.0.

Therefore, the chances of that trade happening is about 1%.

And 1% is infinitely greater than 0%.

I rest my case.

Grizzlies with the best defense in the league :pimp: . Our defense is so good, that our offense sucks and we still win ball games :lol:

Where's that damn ZBO one hand dunk?

ehhhh the Pacers are #1 in scoring offense and #1 in rebounding....technically wouldnt that make them the best defensive team in the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom